We’ve written about Georgia May Jagger here previously, when the 17-year-old model and spawn of supermodel Jerry Hall and Rolling Stones front man Mick Jagger appeared topless and lolling around in a somewhat provocative Hudson jeans commercial. The new teen It Girl from the U.K. reappears in this month’s Vanity Fair, where she prances around half-naked yet again, and explains that her father doesn’t mind her rather randy modeling career one bit. (“He doesn’t hate it at all,” she explains.) Whether or not she’s more than yet another wannabe-model rocker’s offspring remains to be seen. We like the Lauren Hutton-esque gap between her two front teeth. More pics, after the jump … [VF.com] Keep reading »
Space, the final frontier, is getting a new voyager and some sperm that’s outta this world! Richard Garriott, the video game visionary behind Tabula Rasa, is going to be the sixth private citizen to be sent to outer space. How’d he get so lucky? Well, he’s started a program to collect, create, and carry digital DNA and snippets of human history as a time capsule to be stored at the International Space Station. The paranoid gamer is worried androids, the apocalypse, and natural disasters could make us all extinct. His fear has inspired him to create the project, called “Operation Immortality,” to ensure a future for humanity. So who’s genetic code is he cracking? So far, brilliant comedian and well-known narcissist, Stephen Colbert, has agreed to donate, but even the average Jane can offer up her stuff too! All you have to do is play the free trial of Tabula Rasa and your name could get selected at random to become a sample. But if DNA seems a bit too personal, you can simply send a message to the Universe by typing a note about the 21st Century here. Mr. Garriott will be collecting information until October when his shuttle launches. So, with a month to go, we’d like to recommend a few good peeps we think the future could use…
Keep reading »
Some pop stars like to be seen and heard. They rock a mic and their look. So, in honor of the men who make “pretty boy” sound so good, here are The Frisky’s Top Five Metrosexual Musicians:
5. Andre 3000 What’s cooler then being cool? Being Andre 3000, a gentleman so stylish he makes plaid golf gear look hip.
4. Marc Anthony The always dapper Anthony probably has a walk-in closet of clothing only rivaled by his wife’s. Even as a new dad, he’s constantly clad in a suit and you know J. Lo only lets him off his leash for spa days.
3. Mick Jagger More preened then even his supermodel arm candies, Mick Jagger is the grandfather of metrosexual. The rock ‘n’ roller is still wearing skin-tight stuff with sequins well into his swinging 60’s.
2. Pharrell Williams From head to rims, Pharrell is covered in all the right trims. He matches more than beats, Pharrell wears baggy hip-hop clothes with color-coded sophistication. He also knows how to rock a fur.
1. Justin Timberlake Started out in a coordinated boy band, but now he’s all that with his own clothing line. In his signature skinny ties with vests, JT’s ensembles are as smooth as his moves.
Keep reading »
Jerry Hall, the supermodel from Texas that married Mick Jagger in 1990, has dumped more than just the frontman of the Rolling Stones. Hall is auctioning off her bridal dress, as well as the wedding gift he gave her, an embroidered Japanese kimono, for a modest $600-a-piece. While she’s looking to clean out her closet and donate the proceeds to homeless charity Emmaus, she has kept the prices cheaper than Jagger’s affairs! [Daily Mail]
Keep reading »
“I like looking at gardens. I like to watch other people working in gardens.” — Rolling Stone, Mick Jagger, in Maxim [Star Pulse] Keep reading »