I haven’t thought about Michelle Pfeiffer in a while, but regardless, she is the last person I would expect to admit she was once a member of a cult. Pfeiffer told the UK’s Telegraph newspaper that back when she was just starting out in Hollywood, she “got involved” with a couple who fancied themselves “personal trainers.” They put their “clients,” including Michelle, on strict diets they called “vegetarianism,” but ultimately believed that people in their “highest state” were breatharians. Breatharians believe they can survive on sunlight alone. I’m guessing they’re a hangry crowd though. Keep reading »
Tag Archives: michelle pfeiffer
Here’s a universal truth: Michelle Pfeiffer will never not be a total babe. I hope I look this good when I’m 40. She is 54. That is all.
- I didn’t even know Michelle Pfeiffer had a daughter. But apparently she does. [Too Fab]
- On the other hand, we totally knew Jessica Simpson has a daughter. The mere sight of baby Maxwell inspires tears. At least that’s what Jessica says on Twitter. [Celebrity Baby Scoop]
- Happy Birthday, kid! Um, so, yeah, you can hire an evil clown to stalk your child and scare the crap out of it. How thoughtful! [Huffington Post]
- You bought a gift for your mom (hopefully not the evil clown) … but what about his? [Your Tango]
- Butt dialing 911 is a like, a big problem. [Newser] Keep reading »
Opens Fri. June 26th
Starring Michelle Pfeiffer, Kathy Bates and Rupert Friend
I’m fairly pop culture literate, working for The Frisky and all, but I hadn’t heard a single thing about the movie, “Chéri,” starring Michelle Pfeiffer, until I was invited to a screening.
After I saw the flick, about a aging prostitute in the early 1900s who is in love with a younger man, I wondered if maybe the lack of promotion for “Chéri” might have something to do with the subject matter: Historical Drama and Older Woman Having Sex. Not a robot or an explosion — summer movie staples — to be found! Keep reading »
ABC has hired one of the writers from Dawson’s Creek, Maggie Friedman, to recreate the 1987 classic, The Witches of Eastwick, into a new TV pilot. We’re so psyched — and not just because we’ll be saving the movie theater ticket price! Just like the film, the TV adaptation will be loosely based on the John Updike book about three women who were stuck, jilted by their husbands, in the same small New England town. Together they use some womanly wizardry to summon up a man to satisfy them, but he’s (of course) more trouble than he’s worth. Now, the original cast was slammin’: Cher, Michelle Pfeiffer, Susan Sarandon, and Jack Nicholson. But since the teen drama is totally BACK — hello, Gossip Girl and 90210 — which teen TV queens can hold a candle up to the spell they cast today? We here at The Frisky have some suggestions:
- The Devil, originally played by the irresistible Jack Nicholson, has some big sexy shoes to fill. It’s gonna take a guy who’s so seductive, he’s evil. We’re thinking Gossip Girl’s bad boy, Ed Westwick because he can make women do anything — even like plaid short-shorts on a guy. Plus “Westwick does Eastwick” makes a great headline. Come to think of it, “Westwick Falls In Love With The Women Of The Frisky” does have a certain ring to it too…