- Crazypants Tea Party queen Rep. Michele Bachmann won’t be seeking reelection. Before you break out the champagne — and I know it’s tempting — remember this means she’s probably going to get a billion dollar contract on Fox News. [NYmag.com]
- Justin Bieber’s neighbors whined to TMZ he’s been cruising around his Calabasas neighborhood on a Segway while smoking pot. Sigh. [TMZ]
- Sad: Andre 3000′s mom, Sharon Benjamin Hodo, was allegedly found dead in Atlanta. [Madame Noire]
- Mayim Bialik from “The Big Bang Theory” is officially back on the market, nerds! Her divorce has been finalized. [People] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: michele bachmann
Though Sarah Palin can see Russia from her house, it is Tea Party darling Rep. Michele Bachmann who’s cast off into the northern country’s snowy forest in this summer’s smoldering romance tale as the inspiration for Fires of Siberia. Publisher Badlands Unlimited describes the book as:
“…an old-fashioned bodice ripper romance that brings the heat for the 2013 summer beach reading season. Presidential candidate Danielle Powers, full of firebrand pluck and red state sex appeal, has the country in a tizzy. But on an international tour to beef up her foreign policy experience, disaster ensues—her plane explodes over Siberia. Miraculously, Danielle survives, along with one other passenger—a mysterious stranger named Steadman Bass.”
Author Trey Sager confirmed Rep. Bachmman herself is the inspiration. And this, my friends, is the cover:… Keep reading »
- Rep. Michele Bachmann is urging Christians to engage in “spiritual warfare” to put their religious values in government, like banning marriage equality and criminalizing abortion. Scary, scary stuff. [Raw Story]
- In related I’m-moving-to-Canada news, North Carolina’s state Senate has advanced a bill that erroneously lists abortion as a cause of premature birth. Although the medical community vehemently disagrees, abortion opponents frequently claim that abortion causes breast cancer or makes it difficult for women to have children in the future. The NC bill includes abortion as a cause of “preterm birth” up there with drug use lack of prenatal care. [RH Reality Check]
- On Planned Parenthood and the real lessons of the Kermit Gosnell case. [The Daily Beast]
- “Elementary” actress Lucy Liu on the limits placed on her for being an Asian actress in Hollywood. [xoJane]
- On the inappropriate comments being made about Angelina Jolie losing her natural breasts to a double mastectomy, which she chose to have to prevent breast cancer. [Slate] Keep reading »
Senator Kristen Gillibrand gets the Girl, You’ve Got Bigger Stones Than Me Award of the week for going head-to-head on “Meet The Press” yesterday with none other than Rep. Michele Bachmann. (Rep. Bachmann, let me remind you, refers to emergency contraception as “the morning-after abortion pill” thus conflating it with abortion, suggests the HPV vaccine can make children become mentally retarded, jokes about so-called “ex-gay” therapy and does not allow her daughters to ask boys on dates.) Somehow Sen. Gillibrand managed not to reach through the TV screens and shake her … even when Bachmann said Republicans want women to “make their own choices.”
Rep. Michele Bachmann dropped out of the GOP presidential race this morning, after placing nearly last place in yesterday’s Iowa caucus. Bachmann will return to focusing her energies in Congress, where she represents the state of Minnesota, telling reporters today, “I will continue to fight to defeat the president’s agenda of socialism.” Keep reading »
Michele Bachmann: People do find out [in my book] that I did not get asked to my senior prom.
Sean Hannity: Well, neither did I. And nobody would go with me.
Michele Bachmann: Well, in my time, girls didn’t ask boys to prom. If you didn’t get asked, you didn’t go.
Sean Hannity: Yeah, well let me tell you, I have a 13-year-old son. Those days have changed big time.
Michele Bachmann: And our girls are not allowed to do that in our house. They have to wait for the boy to call.
Wilma Flintstone Rep. Michele Bachmann explains on “Hannity” that her daughters have to sit around and wait for a boy to call. I don’t even think kids these days use the telephone to ask each other out on dates, but that’s besides the point. What kind of message is Bachmann sending to her daughters? Eh, probably the same message she sent when she got up and served all the men water at a GOP debate.
Priceless. Absolutely priceless. Michele Bachmann met an eight-year-old boy named Elijah at a South Carolina book signing, who informed her, “My mommy — Miss Bachmann, my mommy’s gay but she doesn’t need fixing.” Why does anyone need to call her a lyin’ ass bitch when you can just call her a bigot? [YouTube via Huffington Post] Keep reading »
On Monday night, Michele Bachmann visited Jimmy Fallon’s late night talk show and his house band, The Roots, played a little music like they always do. But then it became clear yesterday that the song was called “Lyin’ Ass Bitch,” a 1985 ditty from the band Fishbone. (The Roots’ drummer Questlove tweeted a teaser that afternoon — “aight late night walkon song devotees: you love it when we snark: this next one takes the cake. ask around cause i aint tweeting title” — that tipped people off.) This morning, Bachmann appeared on Fox News to say NBC owes her an apology and “that had it been Michelle Obama and that song had been played, I have no doubt that NBC would have apologized.” Bachmann squarely named the song selection/title “sexism” (as did feminist bloggers).
And although I can’t believe I am saying this about Michele Bachmann or Fox News, I actually agree. Keep reading »
Michele Bachmann visited Jimmy Fallon last night and completely made me understand how other people love her. If I didn’t think her political beliefs were absolutely reprehensible, I’d like her! That Rick Perry “three” joke was a good one, you have to admit. [Gotcha Media]