- The inevitable argument over Michael Jackson‘s estate has begun. In his will written in 2002, Jacko didn’t leave a cent to his dad, Joe. Instead he’s givin’ it all to his mom, kids, and a few charities. The custody arrangements are a little foggy so, for now, the kids are staying with their grandmother. [Wall Street Journal]
- The National Enquirer continues to be dead on (pun!) with their reporting. In January 2009 they predicted “Michael Jackson — 6 Months To Live!” [Buzzfeed]
Tag Archives: michael jackson
Michael Jackson’s initial autopsy findings are, in a word, scary. Not only did he weigh a shockingly-low 112 pounds at his time of death, but his stomach was empty and had just pills in it. Docs say he hadn’t eaten for at least six hours. And he was injecting a lot of pain killers, especially Demerol, which is possibly what stopped his heart. Also, his body was covered in scars, bumps, bruises, and cuts which means he was probably falling down a lot, though some of the scars are surely from getting plastic surgery 13 times. Jackson was also practically bald—sadly, that long, black hair was a wig.
Keep reading »
Tyra gives tribute to Michael Jackson at last night’s BET Awards through dress—it doesn’t matter if you’re black or white, ’cause you can wear both. [Los Angeles, 6/28/09] Keep reading »
This video gave me the mega Monday sadsies. Last night, just a few days after her brother’s death, Janet Jackson stepped out to give thanks to his fans at the BET Awards. For a minute, she was able to keep her composure. “To you, Michael is an icon. To us, Michael is family,” she said. “And he will forever live in all of our hearts. On behalf of my family and myself, thank you for all of your love. Thank you for all of your support. We miss him so much.” Then her voice got shaky. Although a few days have passed, his death is still evoking sadness of epic proportions. [CNN] Keep reading »
- Debbie Rowe, Michael Jackson’s ex-wife, said children Prince Michael and Paris aren’t Michael’s biological children because the sperm came from a donor. [Dlisted] — Wow, Michael hasn’t been buried or whatever yet, and this woman is already spilling the beans. Well, at least she’s confirmed everyone’s suspicions.
- Zachary Quinto spent some quality time with a male “pal” over the weekend. [Perez Hilton] — I have no idea whether Zachary is gay, but he and his friend do make a cute couple.
- Ana Ortiz of “Ugly Betty” welcomed a baby girl, named Paloma Louise Lebenzon, with husband Noah Lebenzon. [E! Online] — I’ve always liked the name Paloma.
Remember those prisoners in the Philippines who got worldwide attention after filming their version of “Thriller”? Well upon hearing of the death of Michael Jackson, they, to quote Michael K at DListed, “immediately stopped doing each other in the shower room and started rehearsing for a tribute dance to him.” It’s freaking awesome. [DListed] Keep reading »
- Though she was rumored to have given up her parental rights long ago, Debbie Rowe will reportedly be getting full custody of her two children with Michael Jackson. [Perez Hilton]
- Not all stars looked like stars before they got famous. Check out these pop icons back in the day. [Yep Yep] – Warning: It ain’t such a pretty sight…
- Farrah Fawcett’s invitation-only funeral is set for Tuesday. Her partner Ryan O’Neal is handling the ceremony. [People]
- Michael Jackson‘s autopsy has begun, and TMZ is already speculating that drug use may be at play. They’re saying that family members wanted Michael to head to rehab because of an addiction to morphine and prescription pill. They think a overdose of Demarol may be what lead to his heart failure yesterday. [TMZ]