- Paris Jackson, the 15-year-old daughter of the late Michael Jackson, allegedly tried to commit suicide two nights ago by attempting to OD on pills after a family member forbade her from attending a Marilyn Manson concert in L.A. Oh, teenagers! I’m grateful she called a suicide hotline, who then called 911. [New York Post]
- Pippa Middleton is Vanity Fair‘s newest contributing editor. Her first piece will be about Wimbledon. [Racked]
- “The Today Show” was evacuated this morning after a man attempted to kill himself at Rockefeller Center. [Raw Story]
- Ridiculous Karl Lagerfeld statements (and there are many) are memorialized in a new book of absurd-isms called The World According To Karl. [NYMag.com] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: michael jackson
Paris Jackson, the 15-year-old daughter of the late pop star Michael Jackson, was hospitalized last night after an alleged suicide attempt. TMZ reports that a 911 call was placed from the family’s Calabasas, California, home around 1:30a.m. regarding a possible overdose and “multiple cuts on one of her wrists.” The teen was taken from the home at 2a.m. to a nearby hospital and reportedly will make a full recovery. This morning, Paris Jackson’s mom Debbie Rowe told “Entertainment Tonight” the teen has “a lot going on.” I should say so! All our good thoughts on with her. Get well soon, Paris! [TMZ, People] [Image: Fame/Flynet]
I don’t have much context for this photo of a bunch of Michael Jackson matryoshka dolls. A friend of mine posted a photo of them on his Facebook the other day — apparently they were a souvenir brought back from a trip to Russia. All I can say is, I would like them very, very, much.
- Prince Michael Jackson, the 16-year-old son (center) of the late Michael Jackson, is now a correspondent for “Entertainment Tonight.” In tonight’s broadcast, Prince covers the red carpet premiere of “Oz The Great And Powerful.” That’s slightly more dodgy than hanging out on red carpets with LaToya. I thought this family was all about those kids having as normal a life as possible? [A.V. Club]
- Music executive Clive Davis throws some shade at Kelly Clarkson in his new memoir and Kelly has taken to her WhoSay blog to defend herself. His book claims that she burst into tears in his office because he wanted “Since U Been Gone” on her first album, but she says the song she cried over was “Because Of You” and she only cried because Clive Davis told her she was a “shitty” songwriter. “Because Of You” went on to become a top hit. [Flavorwire, WhoSay]
- Vivid Entertainment stopped distribution of Mindy McCready’s sex tape following the country singer’s apparent suicide this weekend. [Perez Hilton]
I’ve never been super crazy about Beyonce, personally. But these pics, capturing her goofing off and doing her best Michael Jackson impression before her London show earlier this week, might have just changed my mind. Yup, I’m riding the “I Wanna Be BFFs With Jay and Bey” train now, along with Amelia. It’s nice to see her look like she’s actually having fun, instead of looking like she’s trying to look like she’s having fun.
“Paul called me Bubbles on the set. Bubbles was Michael Jackson’s pet monkey, and I was Paul’s pet monkey. The key to Freddie is an animal, just pure id. For the scene where he’s arrested and put in jail and all that, I just watched videos of wild animals that get into suburbia. If you’ve seen video of a deer or a bear that finds its way into suburbia and the cops have to tranquilize it, it seems as if the brain stops working. If they’re cornered, they’ll slam into walls, or one leg tries to go left while the other is going right. It’s complete fear and chaos. They can’t control themselves at all. That was the key to Freddie. And Paul certainly called me his pet monkey.”
– Joaquin Phoenix on preparing for the role of Freddie in “The Master.” I’m so excited to see this film. I’m also excited that JP is over and Joaquin is back. He’s a transformative actor. [Time]
Okay, okay, she’s still only 14, but doesn’t Paris Jackson look amazing? Girl is channeling Jennifer Lawrence with those bangs, and oh my gosh, her smoky eye is amazing!!! I’m crossing my fingers that she turns out mildly normal and not all Lindsay Lohan crazy, considering how batcrackers her family is. [Photos: Pacific Coast News]
What is up with Jessica Biel today, guys? She is wearing every kind of trend at once. Colored leather, studded leather, a weird peasant top? Did she switch stylists? Join a lesbian biker gang? Pick up a side job as a Michael Jackson impersonator? What’s the deal, Biel? [Photo: WENN]
Sony released a 25th anniversary remastered edition of Michael Jackson’s Bad this week, and among the eight previously unreleased songs is … an anti-abortion anthem. “Song Groove,” aka “Abortion Papers,” includes lyrics like, “Those abortion papers / Signed in your name against the words of God / Those abortion papers / Think about life, I’d like to have my child.” At Slate, Amanda Marcotte deems it “a Christianity-heavy screed.” And at Wonkette, Jesse Taylor points out, “Hey, if you abort ‘em, you can’t dangle ‘em.” But Taylor and Marcotte also agree—the song is oddly “catchy.” Read more (and listen to the song!)…
At 14, Paris Jackson is breaking into showbiz in the upcoming film, “Lundon’s Bridge and the Three Keys.” Three years after the death of her father Michael Jackson, Paris opens up to Glamour about stepping into the spotlight, her famous family, and cliques at her high school.
On how her family feels about her acting career: ”A lot of people don’t want me to do it [her aunt Janet Jackson has said, "She has the rest of her adult life to be that actress that she wants to be... Your childhood—you completely lose."], but Aunt La Toya believes in me. She heard me play a little guitar and sing, and she started clapping, ‘Oh my God, oh my God.’ She really does encourage me; it’s just awesome of her.” Read more…