If you’re a really great employee like me, you’ve probably been watching the Michael Jackson memorial service all day. It’s actually been pretty amazing, stars telling intimate stories and musicians performing tribute songs. Wait, is that Avril Lavigne? What the hell is going on here? Here’s the latest MJ news, in case you’re missing what’s going down at the Staples Center. Keep reading »
Tag Archives: michael jackson
The Kardashian girls attended Michael Jackson’s funeral. Apparently, that meant bust out the vinyl mini-skirt to Khloe. How klassy. [Los Angeles, 7/7/09] Keep reading »
Michael Jackson is the King of Pop, but he could also be dubbed the King of Crazytown Rumors. With all the hoopla taking place in Los Angeles right now over his memorial service, I thought it would be nice to look back at some of the most “Off The Wall” allegations about the singer. From accusations of him sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber to trying to buy the Elephant Man’s skull, below are five outrageous rumors spread about Jacko that were really wacko.
It’s been 10 days since Michael Jackson kicked the bucket, and the tributes to him are only getting more amazing. Last week, we told you about how the Iowa State Fair had commissioned a butter sculpture of the King of Pop. Now we’re obsessed with two new tribute ideas. First, just trust me, and head to EternalMoonwalk.com. Folks from all over the globe have submitted vids of them doing (or at least attempting) the classic MJ dance move, and the creators of the site have edited into together into a never-ending moon scroll. Hot!
And we’re also digging on Larry Smith who’s created a contest to see who could write the best MJ obituary in only six words. More than 450 people entered. After the jump, check out the winners. Let’s just say they’re more touching than most of the TV coverage from last week combined. Keep reading »
- Though we haven’t even given Michael Jackson enough time to rise from the dead like Jesus, there are already talks of a Michael Jackson biopic. Different methods are being considered like using archive and live -show footage or maybe having Jamie Foxx play young Jackson and Johnny Depp play um, white Jackson. I’m not sure how politically correct that scenario would be but God I would love to see them try to pull it off! [PopCrunch]
- Rihanna could be fined for illegally inking three tattoo artists. [Starpulse]
- Michael Jackson was reportedly working on two albums at the time of his death. [Entertainment Weekly] — If Tupac can release albums after his death, so can Michael.
- Amber Rose is rocking a turquoise hair now. [Dlisted] — We wouldn’t pull this off, but it looks superb on her.
Michael Jackson‘s costumes for his upcoming tour look like they would have been a veritable fashion show of MJ classics (not to rub salt in the wound, or anything). Described as an “over the top wardrobe,” costume designers Dennis Tompkins and Michael Bush worked with Jackson who wanted to take things to a new, higher level. This resulted in a collection that brought back to life Jackson’s golden days with his flashy fingerless glove, military jackets, a Billie Jean jacket adorned with over seven pounds of Swarovski crystals. The highlight of the styles, however, has to be the redesigned “Thriller” jacket outfitted with fiber-optic lights that would flash in time with the music. While the costume designers say that Michael was enthusiastic in his last days—performing routines with huge energy, and eager to get the show started—his measurements show that he was incredibly thin with a 27 3/4-inch waist. Regardless, pictures and memories like these will allow Michael’s show to go on. [People] Keep reading »
- Debbie Rowe is reportedly ready to fight for custody of Prince Michael and Paris, according to NBCLA. [Dlisted] — I wonder if she really feels any connection to them or if it’s the trust that is driving her.
- Hayden Panettiere and Steve Jones have broken up because she can’t handle long distance relationships. [Starpulse] — On to the next much older guy!
- Zac Efron and Megan Fox shared an intimate dinner recently, according to a source. [Celebuzz]
Concert promoters AEG have released this one minute video, which features Michael Jackson, just 48 hours before his death, rehearsing for his upcoming shows in London. They believe it shows that Jackson was in good health, though very thin, and was physically ready for his draining concert series. Keep reading »
- Michael Jackson’s funeral is reportedly being held at the L.A. Staples Center next Tuesday, July 7 — the same date he signed his will seven years ago. [Starpulse]
- Director Michael Bay (who is behind the “Transformers” movies) agrees that his star, Megan Fox, says “ridiculous things.” [Starpulse] — Finally, a dude who hates her as much as we do. Okay, maybe he doesn’t hate her.
- Lady Gaga bares all for V magazine. [V Magazine] — Is the Lady GaGa-licious, or just GaGa-slutty? You be the judge.