- Anna Wintour has reportedly banned a nude 40-foot sculpture of designer Vivienne Westwood from the Metropolitan Museum Of Art’s upcoming punk exhibit. Wintour said the naked, styrofoam Westwood would be “a needless distraction” in “Punk: Chaos To Couture.” [Styleite]
- Amanda Bynes allegedly got kicked out of a Planet Fitness gym in Harlem for smoking pot on 4/20. She also got her gym membership revoked. [RumorFix]
- Sonic Youth’s Kim Gordan says she and Thurston Moore split because he’d been carrying on an affair and living a “double life.” How can you cheat on Kim Gordon?! [SPIN]
- A possibly drunk Tara Reid allegedly threw a fit at an All Saints store in L.A. when the cashier wouldn’t give her a discount because of her, quote, “fame.” A rep told the New York Post that Reid usually gets discounts because she’s often photographed wearing All Saints. Well, no more! “She had to be escorted out by security,” said a source. [New York Post]
- These fake Amanda Bynes texts to Reese Witherspoon are pretty funny. [NYMag.com]
- In honor of his 67th birthday, here are 67 great John Waters quotes. [Flavorwire] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: metropolitan museum of art
The Met Ball is, in many ways, bigger and brighter than all of the awards shows combined. While the Academy honors excellence in film, the gala honors glamour in its purest form. Each year there’s a “topic” of celebration — last night extolled the parallels of Miuccia Prada to the late great Elsa Schiaparelli; last year’s subject was the inimitable Lee Alexander McQueen — and each year it’s up to the young and the beautiful to bring it. Good sense and humility takes a night off, and the most illustrious names in both the silver screen and the backstage dust off their boldest, most eye-catching, sometimes straight up cray looks. It is the Met Gala, after all, and if you’re not planning on blowing the roof off of the fashion stratosphere, then why bother going at all? Keep reading »
You thought prom was a big fuss? Try the monstrous fashion madness that is the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute Gala.
Hosted by Anna Wintour, the Met Ball is the tick that is Hollywood feasting itself on the blood of high fashion … Or is it the other way around? No one can really tell through all the air kisses and champagne fizz, but no problemo! All that matters is that if you’re a starlet who’s lucky enough to have a ticket, you can wear a dress that costs the same as an entire year of a private college education.
This caveat excludes most of us from going—but that doesn’t mean if you ever find yourself stuck in an elevator with Andre Leon Talley, you can’t at least know what you’re talking about. Here’s your cheat sheet on the exclusive Met Ball. Keep reading »
We saved the mess for last! There was ever so much to choose from, especially given the Gala’s “Superheroes: Fashion & Fantasy” theme. Some people didn’t even try, some people hit the nail on the head, and some just went too dang far. All this has us wondering what next year’s theme should be…how about Dressing Up In Drag? Click here for ten more crazy, daring, hostile-to-the-eyes outfits. Keep reading »
There was such a plethora of hot messiness last night at the Costume Institute Gala held at the Metripolitan Museum of Art (there was some serious prettiness too, but that’s not quite as fun), but this image of the Olsen twins scared the bejesus out of me. Ashley looks fairly delightful, but Mary Kate? Mommy, hold me. [Costume Institute Gala, May 5, 2008] Keep reading »