- Mel Gibson is still a very, very angry man. Screenwriter Joe Eszterhas, who last week released an open letter detailing violent threats he’s overheard from Mel, gave a recording [NSFW audio here] to entertainment news blog The Wrap in which the star screams dirty language. Eszterhas claims Mel went off on houseguests at his Costa Rica home; the NSFW audio has Mel screaming words like “c**t” and “filthy cocksucker whore.” Rage issues, anyone? [The Wrap]
- Ryan Seacrest has released a statement on the death of his friend and mentor Dick Clark, who died yesterday at 82. [PopCrush]
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds are househunting in Connecticut and were seen checking out housewares at shops in the uber-posh town of New Canaan. Reminder: these kids have been dating six months. [US Weekly]
- Five reasons to have sex with the lights on! (Kanye would approve.) [Em & Lo] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: mel gibson
- The Wrap has obtained an “open letter” released by Joe Ezsterhas, a film collaborator with Mel Gibson, detailing concerns he has about Gibson and his mental state regarding his ex-girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva. The letter claims he heard Gibson say he was “going to have her killed” by CIA agents he had befriended and even talked about kiling her in front of Ezsterhas’ 15-year-old son. The nine-page letter also says Gibson described hitting her. Gibson’s response last night was to say Ezsterhas’ letter is all lies. [The Wrap, TMZ]
- Marc Anthony officially filed for divorce yesterday from Jennifer Lopez after eight months of separation. [Celebrity Cafe]
- Mike Tyson, of all people, has weighed in on the Trayvon Martin case and said of George Zimmerman, who was charged yesterday with second-degree murder, “It’s a disgrace that man hasn’t been dragged out of his house and tied to a car and taken away. That’s the only kind of retribution that people like that understand. It’s a disgrace that man hasn’t been shot yet.” Hoooo boy. [Yahoo]
- The top 10 worst things you can hear on a first date. [Em & Lo] Keep reading »
Breaking Mel Gibson news! While dining at Madeo restaurant in West Hollywood this week, Mel was informed by his waiter that they only served breadsticks on the weekends. So Mel allegedly took matters into his own hands and bribed the waiter to run down the block and buy him $100 worth of breadsticks. Why? Our guess is as good as yours. “He just loves breadsticks!” a witness theorized. We’re not totally satisfied with that explanation, so we’ve come up with a few of our own. After the jump some ideas about what Mel might be doing with all that bread. [In Touch]
Mel Gibson reached out to Whitney Houston and tried to help the superstar overcome her personal issues at the height of her drug troubles, according to a new report.
The actor previously came to the aid of Britney Spears following her public meltdown in 2008 and offered up his estate in Costa Rica as a refuge for the pop star to recover from her struggles away from the spotlight.
Now TMZ.com reports Gibson also attempted to come to the rescue of Houston while she battled an addiction to cocaine, marijuana and other drugs in the early 2000s. Read more…
Mel Gibson has finally opened up about the explosive audio recordings between himself and ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva that leaked onto the Internet last summer, inspiring a backlash many believe has killed the Oscar winner’s career.
“I’ve never treated anyone badly or in a discriminatory way based on their gender, race, religion or sexuality — period. I don’t blame some people for thinking that though, from the garbage they heard on those leaked tapes, which have been edited,” Gibson tells Deadline. “You have to put it all in the proper context of being in an irrationally, heated discussion at the height of a breakdown, trying to get out of a really unhealthy relationship. It’s one terribly, awful moment in time, said to one person, in the span of one day and doesn’t represent what I truly believe or how I’ve treated people my entire life.” Read more… Keep reading »
Prosecutors are ready to file criminal charges of domestic violence against Mel Gibson, RadarOnline.com reports. Thank goddess: I was afraid Mel Gibson would get a slap on the wrist, typical Hollywood justice-style! Multiple law enforcement sources have told the gossip blog that it’s “almost inevitable” Mel will be charged by the Los Angeles District Attorney for roughing up his ex-girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva (who is also the mother of his baby daughter, Lucia). Oksana claims that last January, Mel punched her in the head while she was holding Lucia, allegedly bruising her and knocking two veneers off her front teeth. Radar claims in a sworn declaration for the case, Mel did confess to hitting Oksana — only he claimed in a sworn declaration to only have slapped her to “‘bring her back to reality” when she was being “hysterical.” Keep reading »
“I remember, like, fifteen years ago, I was at one of those big Hollywood parties. And he was really drunk. I was with my friend, who’s gay. He made a really horrible gay joke. And somehow it came up that I was Jewish. He said something about ‘oven dodgers,’ but I didn’t get it. I’d never heard that before. It was just this weird, weird moment. I was like, ‘He’s anti-Semitic and he’s homophobic.’ No one believed me!”
It pains me to say this, but the trailer for Mel Gibson‘s new film, “The Beaver,” directed by his BFF Jodie Foster, doesn’t look terrible. Mel plays a father and husband who goes under the psychological care of a prescription beaver puppet to “put some distance between himself and the negative aspects of his personality.” It looks like it addresses how a loved one’s mental illness affects a family — a subject that IRL racist, sexist, death threat-making Mel knows all too much about. Will Mel’s abusive craziness towards ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva affect whether or not you watch his movies? Assuming, of course, you watched Mel Gibson movies in the first place. [YouTube] Keep reading »
Mel Gibson just got ickier, if that’s possible. In a court document defending himself from his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva‘s claim that he beat her while she was holding their baby daughter, Lucia, Mel also addressed the infamous phone calls she recorded where he hurls abuse at her. Really, you see, Mel’s outrage was Oksana’s fault. He states in the court filing, “I felt that Oksana repeatedly attempted to push my emotional ‘buttons’ to provoke me during the calls; of course, I had no idea at the time that she was taping them.” Oh, so if Mel had known he was being taped when she was “provoking” him, he might not have said “You look like a f**king pig in heat and if you get raped by a pack of n**gers it will be your fault,” or threatened to kill her and bury her in the rose garden? Got it. While I have no doubt that Oksana manipulated Mel into making these embarrassing racist, misogynist statements on tape, the dude just refuses take responsibility for himself like a grownup. Maybe after the beaver movie, his next role should be as a domestic abuser. He’s got it down pat. [Radar Online] Keep reading »
One of the victims of Mel Gibson’s fall from grace after being caught on tape threatening ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva? The Jodie Foster-directed “The Beaver,” which stars the racial slur-shouting actor. The film’s release has been put on indefinite hiatus as a result, but a poster for the film has made it onto the internet. The words written on the index card in Mel’s hand indicate his character is just as looney as he is. [ONTD] Keep reading »