- Attention ladies! Chances are someone in your life, possibly even someone you love or like or at the very least want to have sex with reads Maxim magazine. Which is why it behooves you to participate in their 2012 Sex Survey, as the information tallied will be disseminated to their legion of impressionable and sexually active readers. So do us all a solid and answer their survey, okay? I’m doing mine just as soon as I’m done writing this sentence. [Maxim]
- The first trailer for “Hitchcock” has arrived! [The Mary Sue]
- Rumor has it, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s wedding is on hold. Has she gotten cold feet? [Celeb Dirty Laundry] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: maxim magazine
“I loved it! I imagined I was the sexy wife left alone, posing around the house in lingerie. My fiance [Fox soccer analyst Kyle Martino] visited the set, and we got engaged the next day. Everybody’s been teasing him, ‘The Maxim shoot sold you, huh?’”
– Actress Eva Amurri (“Californication,” “The House Bunny”), daughter of Susan Sarandon, says her sexy photo shoot for Maxim fast-tracked her boyfriend’s marriage proposal. Honestly, if marrying Eva meant getting to motorboat that rack for the rest of my life, I would propose, too. Her breasts are spectacular. [Maxim via Huffington Post] Keep reading »
Lunch time! You know what you should do while you nosh on that overpriced salad? Fill out Maxim‘s LADIES ONLY sex survey. They’ve asked us to hook them up with the intelligent, sassy, snarky pool of ladies that read this blog in hopes that you’ll provide their readers with the information they’re desperate to know about the mysterious female psyche. Keep reading »
So, way back when, I used to work at Maxim and was kind of, sort of privy to the incredible weighing of pros and cons that goes into selecting their Hot 100. Choosing the 100 was actually a pretty laborious process, but choosing the woman who ranked number uno was really only tough for one poor schmuck and that was the person who was in charge of getting the biggest name to agree to appear on a future cover in exchange for the top spot. In years past, that woman has been Eva Longoria (twice!), Lindsay Lohan, Olivia Wilde, Jessica Alba, and Marisa Miller. This year, the choice of Katy Perry as the “First Lady of Hot” is somewhat surprising given that she isn’t as stereotypically men’s magazine hot, wears wacky outfits and is kind of kooky all around. Keep reading »
We snorted Frappucino out our noses reading Maxim‘s “9 Sexual Mistakes You Made In College,” because we totally boned that guy with un-ironic Power Rangers bed sheets who wore his socks while doing that deed.
Yeah, that guy was a mistake—but, by and large, we look back on our college years with zero regrets. That night with the handcuffs? The trip up our back door? The romp with our Women’s Studies TA? They’re all juicy bits to keep things entertaining when our life flashes before our eyes. Ladies of gentler stock might reflect on their higher education years with shame. But those bitches don’t remember what really happened anyway, because they needed at least three Jaeger bombs just to loosen up. After the jump, sex “mistakes” we don’t regret making in college. Keep reading »
- Joe Jonas slips up and reveals that his brother Nick and Miley Cyrus are dating (gag), during an interview with Larry King. [PopEater] — The awkwardness that ensues is almost too much to take (watch the video to get the full effect.)
- Ryan Reynolds is a fine actor, but even more impressive are his style skills. The man is lookin’ suave. [Asylum] — To all the men out there, this is how you should dress.
Last week, Tyra Banks said she’s trying to expand the idea of what the fashion industry considers beautiful. According to her, black models with lighter skin are deemed more commercial, whereas darker-skinnned black models are considered more high fashion. We’ve noticed this phenomenon holds true when a woman’s “hotness” is being judged, too. Keep reading »
Earlier today, we posted an essay by former Maxim editor Keith Blanchard in which he listed the nine things he learned about women from working at the magazine. I worked at Maxim, and I learned a few things, too — about men, that is. Most of my lessons were gained from working with a predominantly male staff. In the editorial department, I was one of two or three females over the course of two-and-a-half years. Here are seven things that have stayed with me … Keep reading »