- Basking in a $17 million payday, Mariah Carey has officially been hired as your newest “American Idol” judge. Amelia thinks this job is beneath her, while I think Mariah is just cuckoo-bananas enough for this gig to make great television. [PopCrush, Uptown Magazine]
- Are you a fan of “Miss Advised” or “Bachelor Pad”? Follow Amelia on Twitter (@xoamelia) and she’ll be live-tweeting both shows tonight starting at 8 p.m. Don’t worry, there will be recaps tomorrow as well. [Amelia's Twitter]
- Emma Watson is allegedly in talks to play Anastasia Steele in the 50 Shades Of Grey movie, supposedly because she is the right combination of “innocence with the acting skills.” True. But still: Hermione?!?! [Showbiz Spy]
- Can avoiding orgasms improve your sex life? [Em & Lo]
- Lindsay Lohan wants her and Jennifer Lawrence to do a remake of “Thelma and Louise,” as if Jennifer would even take her calls. [Crushable]
- Some jokester stole over 500 cardboard cutouts of David Hasslehoff drinking 99-cent iced coffee from Cumberland Farms stores in the Boston area. [Betty Confidential] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: mariah carey
- Steven Tyler is officially leaving his spot as “American Idol” kook after just two seasons … and Mariah Carey is in talks to replace him. I couldn’t think of better casting. Well, except Paula Abdul, but we’ve been there, done that. [PopCrush, People]
- Celebrity chef Curtis Stone and “Lipstick Jungle/”Beverly Hills, 90210″ actress Lindsay Price are engaged! [Celebrity Cafe]
- Your ovaries probably cannot handle photos of Chris Hemsworth’s teeny-tiny newborn daughter India. [Socialite Life]
- Kristen Stewart told Comic Con she wishes the “Twilight” sex scenes could have been rougher. Don’t we all? [Us Weekly]
- Do spoiled children grow up to be bad sex partners? [Em & Lo] Keep reading »
All praise to whomever spent the endless hours it took to produce this incredible new episode of “Got 2 B Real,” the diva variety show. You know it took hours and hours and hours to voice and edit this bitch. Welcome to the Diva Variety Show, featuring Aretha “Hateretha” Franklin, Chaka Khan, Patti LaBelle, Rihanna, Beyonce, Dionne Warwick, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey and Fantasia. As Chaka Khan says, “Shut your shade throwers, open up the blinds.” [YouTube]
Dem babies sure are growing up!
“Drumline” actor Nick Cannon recently shared the above instagram photo of his adorable 1-year-old twins Moroccan and Monroe enjoying a wagon ride, writing: “Ridin around and they gettin it!”
Nick and his wife Mariah Carey celebrated their wedding anniversary and the twins’ first birthday in Paris on April 30th. Read more …
- Nick Cannon was hospitalized in Aspen, Colorado, for mild kidney failure. Poor thing! Also, this pic of Mariah Carey snuggling him in hospital bed wearing no makeup and flannel pajama bottoms is adorable. [Us Weekly]
- James Franco has sold his first novel, called Actors Anonymous. The actor previously published a book of short stories called Palo Alto. [NY Observer]
- Ex-assistant Brad Goreski sent Rachel Zoe a baby gift from Hermes and never got a thank you card. [Styleite]
- Demi Moore has been cast as feminist journalist Gloria Steinem in the biopic about porn star Linda Lovelace, called “Lovelace.” [People]
- Tim Gunn will cohost a daytime talk show called “The Revolution” where women lose weight and get a lifestyle makeover over the course of five months. He’s also been scooped up by Weight Watchers as a “style consultant.” [Fashionista] Keep reading »
Mariah Carey and Justin Bieber‘s “All I Want For Christmas” duet debuted last night during the Christmas tree lighting at Rockefeller Center. The best I can say about it is “feel good Christmas music” with a questionably appropriate music video.
Now, Mariah Carey is Mariah Carey. High notes and shaking her spray-tanned booty is what she’s about. It is the way of the world. I think her short-short-short Santa outfit in her “All I Want For Christmas” music video with Justin Bieber pushes the line of good taste. But hey, this is a grown woman obsessed with rainbows, stuffed animals and butterflies that we’re talking about.
Remember when Mariah Carey painted her pregnant belly with butterflies and tweeted about how happy she was carrying her little twins? It was so cute. But now she’s sort of telling a different side of her pregnancy story, and to be honest, it’s not cute at all. It’s kind of sad. The Grammy winner told Gayle King that she felt like her body looked “rancid” during her gestation and would hide her body from husband Nick Cannon. She went on to say something like it’s important to her to be able to feel her bones and she didn’t like that she couldn’t while she was pregnant.
Feeling her bones? Feeling rancid? Sort of depressing, right? Read more…
Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon showed off their adorable six-month-old twins, Moroccan and Monroe, to Barbara Walters on ABC news program “20/20″ Friday night.
During the interview, Mariah opened up about her difficult pregnancy for the first time and told Walters that she experienced all sorts of problems while carrying the babies. She even shared that she had a miscarriage prior to getting pregnant with the twins.
The “Hero” singer smiled through her nine months as an expectant mom, but admits that it was a near-miracle both babies were born healthy after she suffered high blood pressure, preeclampsia and gestational diabetes. Read more…
“I just want them to strive for something greater than entertainment. I’m one of those believers in teachers, professors, heart surgeons. That’s what I’m rooting for. If I could get a scientist, that’d be amazing.”
—Nick Cannon tells People that he hopes Morrocan and Monroe, his babies with wife Mariah Carey, will find their way to other careers outside the entertainment industry. Wow, Nick sounds so down-to-earth saying this. I wonder if Mariah agrees?
After the jump, Nick almost makes me swoon with some words about his wife. Keep reading »