At first, when we found out David Duchovny had checked himself into rehab for sex addiction, we were like, “Damn, that’s kind of hot.” But that was naive. After researching sexual addiction — earlier Susannah Breslin discussed how many think the affliction is a myth — we’re feeling some serious sympathy for his wife of eleven years, actress Tea Leoni. It seems that David’s not just acting sex-crazed on his Showtime series. But how can sex, a natural bodily function, become a disease making headlines? The National Council on Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity has defined sexual addiction as “engaging in persistent and escalating patterns of sexual behavior acted out despite increasing negative consequences to self and others.” Just like drugs and alcohol, some people feel they’re abusing sex and themselves to get a high. But as Breslin points out, even doctors can’t decide if sexual addiction is a real condition or merely a symptom of a larger problem that goes beyond sex. Either way, it’s reeking havoc and wrecking homes. So how can you tell if your man is a slave to his wee man? Seven signs, after the jump…
Keep reading »
1. Pack Your Lunch: Instead of spending $10 on a sandwich that you don’t really enjoy, bring your lunch from home — you’ll save money (which can then be spent, guilt-free, on martinis at the end of the week), you’ll hopefully eat healthier, and you can use up leftovers instead of letting them rot away in your fridge.
2. Call Your Mom For No Reason: It’s easy to go days and weeks without phoning home because of how busy we all are with work and the holidays, but make it your mission to call your mom for no other reason than just to say, “Hi, what’s new?” It will literally fill her heart with joy.
3. Volunteer: Hit up a soup kitchen, read to the elderly at a nursing home, or even just donate your old winter coat to a clothing drive…there are so many easy ways to make a big impact on someone’s life. And, of course, selfishly speaking, doing good for others will make you feel good too.
Keep reading »
Erik Parker, contributor to MSN, wants us ladies to know the 11 things men want from us. Newsflash: Sex! Blowjobs! Time to watch sports! A GPS! Well, Erik — and all you other guys who will get this forwarded to you from your girlfriends, wives, maybe even helpful sisters — we want a few things from you, too. After the jump, the top 11 things we want (and yes, guilt-free nights of reality TV and enthusiasm for our shopping make the list). Keep reading »
Sure, the summer months are filled with picnics, beach days, and travel to far-flung hot spots, but that doesn’t mean romance has to die when winter rolls around. Besides the most obvious cold weather distraction for couples, here are 20 date ideas for heating things up when the temperature drops.
- Make hot chocolate cocktails. Get creative with peppermint schnapps, Bailey’s, Kahlua, or white chocolate liquor and hold a taste-off to see who mixed the best drink.
- Go ice skating together. There’s something about bundling up and gliding around — or falling down — on the ice with your honey that makes winter seem almost, well, fun.
- Take a weekend get away at a bed-and-breakfast. For extra fun, book a room with a Jacuzzi.
- Bundle up and indulge in a little G-rated winter calorie-burning: cross-country skiing.
- Play tourist in your hometown and take a carriage ride huddled beneath a blanket. Geocities has information and links to carriage, wagon, buggy, and sleigh rides across the US.
Keep reading »
We recently made a wish list of traits you’re hoping your next boyfriend will posses. Looking at all the characteristics that were stipulated, we started to think about ourselves and what we would bring to a relationship with a man who has all the qualities we desire. There’s a reason we’re so picky about who we date. Sure, we’re not perfect, but there’s a lot us ladies bring to the table, too. After the jump, read the reasons Frisky staffers think we make good girlfriends, and leave yours in the comments. Keep reading »
When we asked you guys to submit the list of qualities that your next boyfriend/significant other would have, you responded with such amazing answers, we had to compile them into one master list. Seriously ladies, print this bad boy out, tack it to your refrigerator, and use it as a constant reminder of what you deserve! Keep reading »