We recently made a wish list of traits you’re hoping your next boyfriend will posses. Looking at all the characteristics that were stipulated, we started to think about ourselves and what we would bring to a relationship with a man who has all the qualities we desire. There’s a reason we’re so picky about who we date. Sure, we’re not perfect, but there’s a lot us ladies bring to the table, too. After the jump, read the reasons Frisky staffers think we make good girlfriends, and leave yours in the comments. Keep reading »
When we asked you guys to submit the list of qualities that your next boyfriend/significant other would have, you responded with such amazing answers, we had to compile them into one master list. Seriously ladies, print this bad boy out, tack it to your refrigerator, and use it as a constant reminder of what you deserve! Keep reading »
So you think you’ve found the perfect guy but he’s a beer lover and you’re not? For many women, a beer’s bitter finish is enough to have them running for a shaker and fruit juice. Well, problem solved! We’ve compiled 10 “gateway beers” that’ll have her throwing back with the boys in no time. Keep reading »
It’s no secret that women can be incredibly competitive and catty with each other. In yesterday’s post about Mean Girls we argued that no one can bring a woman down faster and harder than another woman. Right now, a lot of us are reconnecting with our own inner Mean Girls when it comes to Sarah Palin. We mock her out, attack her, and put her down in ways only we women really can. But of course, it’s not just Sarah Palin we’ve got beef with, is it? When it comes to other women competing for the same men, the same jobs, even the same last pair of chocolate brown leather riding boots in size 7 on sale for 50% off, we are out for blood. After the jump, 12 things Mean Girls do to take down the competition… Keep reading »
While everyone on “Gossip Girl” is complaining of the intense heat, mid-blackout, nary a hair out of place, the rest of us know that though humidity is sticking it out, summer has come to an end. (Unless you are very, very wealthy and you can find summer any time of year.)
As Wall Street falters and the Presidential candidates politic their way into November, what is to become of your summer fling? Will you vote for him in the fall? Or will you change parties and send him packing? Sure you spent many a wine-filled eve, smelling of suntan lotion and getting sand in your pants — but is your romance seasonal? Or can it sustain Thanksgiving with your family (and the cold)?
Keep reading »
We’ve been thinking about accidental insemination a lot lately because of this whole Sarah Palin/Bristol Palin/Levi Johnston situation. Honestly, we feel for Bristol and Levi because their little mistake is everyone in America’s business now, but they’re not the first couple to deal with an unplanned pregnancy. Here are five songs about the situation… Keep reading »
1. Get a neon manicure and pedicure.
2. Go skinny-dipping.
3. Eat raw oysters.
4. Make out with a random person at a bar.
6. Play Frisbee.
7. Sunbathe away any tan lines.
8. Wear an all white outfit.
9. Give an impromptu party with close friends on the roof of your building.
10. Visit an outdoor lounge or restaurant.
11. Air out your apartment or house to get a summer breeze.
12. Take outdoor photos.
13. Go for a hike.
14. Explore a new neighborhood.
15. Sleep outside.
16. Attend an outdoor music concert.
17. Get wet in a kid’s outdoor water fountain.
18. Take a weekend road trip.
19. Buy fresh summer produce and cook an entire meal from it.
20. Make popsicles. (Bonus: With booze!)
21. Take a surfing lesson.
22. Have sex outside.
23. Wear a really, really short mini dress out on the town.
24. Read a book you’ve been meaning to read for a long time, but keep putting off.
25. Make a list of Fall resolutions.
26. Organize your closet and donate stuff to charity.
27. Learn the lyrics to one of these songs of Summer 2008: Estelle’s “American Boy”, Rihanna’s “Disturbia”, and Duffy’s “Mercy”.
28. Go on a long walk with no destination in mind and see where you end up.
29. Go to the beach and actually GO in the ocean!
30. Go fishing.
My parents always told me that dorks would make better husband. At 22, I can’t say that I’m ready to weigh on in who is the best husband material, but I will definitely agree that dorks deserve some loving. Especially the ones who have made my Top Ten most lovable dorks list…feel free to add your own in the comments!
10. Jason Segel as Peter Bretter in Forgetting Sarah Marshall First of all, can we say full-frontal nudity? This guy has balls…no pun intended. His sexy TV star girlfriend (Kristen Bell) kicks him to the curb and he treks to Hawaii to mend his heart only to run into her and her new lover. He sticks it out, showing some courage and meets a new hottie along the way. Peter Bretter is a sensitive, loving fella who definitely won major points by the end of this film. Keep reading »
Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t. Whether he’s a handsome stranger you don’t want to lead to the promise land or your boyfriend trying to gorge on girlfriend pie, here’s how to just say “Later lover.”
Sterilization Screw-Up A simple birth control slip up could cause penis pandemonium. No dude wants to accidentally make a baby just because he wants to make sweet love. So, just say you forgot to take the pill and would rather not risk it right now. He’ll probably thank you for protecting both of you! Keep reading »