Erik Parker, contributor to MSN, wants us ladies to know the 11 things men want from us. Newsflash: Sex! Blowjobs! Time to watch sports! A GPS! Well, Erik — and all you other guys who will get this forwarded to you from your girlfriends, wives, maybe even helpful sisters — we want a few things from you, too. After the jump, the top 11 things we want (and yes, guilt-free nights of reality TV and enthusiasm for our shopping make the list). Keep reading »
Tag Archives: lists
Sure, the summer months are filled with picnics, beach days, and travel to far-flung hot spots, but that doesn’t mean romance has to die when winter rolls around. Besides the most obvious cold weather distraction for couples, here are 20 date ideas for heating things up when the temperature drops.
- Make hot chocolate cocktails. Get creative with peppermint schnapps, Bailey’s, Kahlua, or white chocolate liquor and hold a taste-off to see who mixed the best drink.
- Go ice skating together. There’s something about bundling up and gliding around — or falling down — on the ice with your honey that makes winter seem almost, well, fun.
- Take a weekend get away at a bed-and-breakfast. For extra fun, book a room with a Jacuzzi.
- Bundle up and indulge in a little G-rated winter calorie-burning: cross-country skiing.
- Play tourist in your hometown and take a carriage ride huddled beneath a blanket. Geocities has information and links to carriage, wagon, buggy, and sleigh rides across the US.
We recently made a wish list of traits you’re hoping your next boyfriend will posses. Looking at all the characteristics that were stipulated, we started to think about ourselves and what we would bring to a relationship with a man who has all the qualities we desire. There’s a reason we’re so picky about who we date. Sure, we’re not perfect, but there’s a lot us ladies bring to the table, too. After the jump, read the reasons Frisky staffers think we make good girlfriends, and leave yours in the comments. Keep reading »
When we asked you guys to submit the list of qualities that your next boyfriend/significant other would have, you responded with such amazing answers, we had to compile them into one master list. Seriously ladies, print this bad boy out, tack it to your refrigerator, and use it as a constant reminder of what you deserve! Keep reading »
So you think you’ve found the perfect guy but he’s a beer lover and you’re not? For many women, a beer’s bitter finish is enough to have them running for a shaker and fruit juice. Well, problem solved! We’ve compiled 10 “gateway beers” that’ll have her throwing back with the boys in no time. Keep reading »
It’s no secret that women can be incredibly competitive and catty with each other. In yesterday’s post about Mean Girls we argued that no one can bring a woman down faster and harder than another woman. Right now, a lot of us are reconnecting with our own inner Mean Girls when it comes to Sarah Palin. We mock her out, attack her, and put her down in ways only we women really can. But of course, it’s not just Sarah Palin we’ve got beef with, is it? When it comes to other women competing for the same men, the same jobs, even the same last pair of chocolate brown leather riding boots in size 7 on sale for 50% off, we are out for blood. After the jump, 12 things Mean Girls do to take down the competition… Keep reading »
While everyone on “Gossip Girl” is complaining of the intense heat, mid-blackout, nary a hair out of place, the rest of us know that though humidity is sticking it out, summer has come to an end. (Unless you are very, very wealthy and you can find summer any time of year.)
As Wall Street falters and the Presidential candidates politic their way into November, what is to become of your summer fling? Will you vote for him in the fall? Or will you change parties and send him packing? Sure you spent many a wine-filled eve, smelling of suntan lotion and getting sand in your pants — but is your romance seasonal? Or can it sustain Thanksgiving with your family (and the cold)?
Keep reading »
We’ve been thinking about accidental insemination a lot lately because of this whole Sarah Palin/Bristol Palin/Levi Johnston situation. Honestly, we feel for Bristol and Levi because their little mistake is everyone in America’s business now, but they’re not the first couple to deal with an unplanned pregnancy. Here are five songs about the situation… Keep reading »
1. Get a neon manicure and pedicure.
2. Go skinny-dipping.
3. Eat raw oysters.
4. Make out with a random person at a bar.
6. Play Frisbee.
7. Sunbathe away any tan lines.
8. Wear an all white outfit.
9. Give an impromptu party with close friends on the roof of your building.
10. Visit an outdoor lounge or restaurant.
11. Air out your apartment or house to get a summer breeze.
12. Take outdoor photos.
13. Go for a hike.
14. Explore a new neighborhood.
15. Sleep outside.
16. Attend an outdoor music concert.
17. Get wet in a kid’s outdoor water fountain.
18. Take a weekend road trip.
19. Buy fresh summer produce and cook an entire meal from it.
20. Make popsicles. (Bonus: With booze!)
21. Take a surfing lesson.
22. Have sex outside.
23. Wear a really, really short mini dress out on the town.
24. Read a book you’ve been meaning to read for a long time, but keep putting off.
25. Make a list of Fall resolutions.
26. Organize your closet and donate stuff to charity.
27. Learn the lyrics to one of these songs of Summer 2008: Estelle’s “American Boy”, Rihanna’s “Disturbia”, and Duffy’s “Mercy”.
28. Go on a long walk with no destination in mind and see where you end up.
29. Go to the beach and actually GO in the ocean!
30. Go fishing.