- Nike has terminated its contract with Lance Armstrong and he has officially stepped down from his charity Livestrong following doping allegations. [The Week, Celebrity Cafe]
- Britney Spears’ former nanny Lourdes Torres is set to testify in a trial of Brit’s former manager Sam Lufti that she was “emotionally manipulated” by handlers. Lufti is suing the Spears’ family for breach of contract, defamation and libel over their claims that he contributed to the singer’s 2008 breakdown by feeding her drugs and controlling her phone communication. [Huffington Post]
- Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell were seen picking up a marriage license yesterday, which means they’re probably getting hitched soon. [Stupid Celebrities]
- Rihanna is going to pocket $8 million dollars — $8 million dollars — for turning on Christmas lights and performing a concert at a London shopping mall. [Celebuzz] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: lance armstrong
The US Anti-Doping Agency has announced it will strip Lance Armstrong of his seven Tour de France titles and ban him from the sport for life for doping. The announcement comes after Armstrong dropped further challenges to USADA accusations that he used performance-enhancing drugs to win the premier bike race from 1999 to 2005, reports the Wall Street Journal. “There comes a point in every man’s life when he has to say, ‘Enough is enough,’” Armstrong said in a statement. “The toll this has taken on my family and on me leads me to where I am today—finished with this nonsense.” Read more…
Tour de France cyclist Lance Armstrong is on the cover of the July issue of Outside, but he’s pissed about how the cover photo turned out. Why? Apparently, Outside staffers Photoshopped the text onto Armstrong’s plain blue T-shirt so it reads “38. BFD.” — a reference to his age not being a Big F**king Deal, I guess? Anyway, Armstrong tweeted the following when he saw the magazine:
”Just saw the cover of the new Outside mag w/ yours truly on it. Nice photoshop on a plain t-shirt guys. That’s some lame bulls**t. #weak”
First, Oprah announced that she was retiring from daytime TV in 2011. A few weeks later, Lance Armstrong announced that he was hanging up the bike helmet in 2011. On Monday, Miley Cyrus and Disney announced that “Hannah Montana” would be dunzo in 2011. Meanwhile, Tyra Banks and Simon Cowell can’t wait a year—both have said that at the end of this season of “The Tyra Show” and “American Idol,” respectively, that they are gracefully bowing out. So here’s my question. What’s up with people announcing their retirement three months to a year in advance? Is it for easy publicity? Or to make sure that their final season is thoroughly infused with over-the-top nostalgia? Or is everyone just wanting to chillax for a while, since the world is going to end in 2012 anyway? Keep reading »
- Lance Armstrong’s girlfriend Anna Hansen gave birth to their son Max last night. [Dlisted] — And he’s already made his internet debut via Twitter!
- Jessica Simpson gave Tony Romo a $100,000 speedboat for his birthday. [Perez Hilton] — Her shoe line must be doing very well because we know she doesn’t make big money from her music.
- While Kate Gosselin is in North Carolina with her sextuplets, Jon is at home with the twins filming scenes for their reality show. He says their marital problems are a private manner. [E! Online] — Hmm, maybe he should stop posing for tabloid covers, while he’s at it.
In her autobiography, Cloris Leachman brags about bumping uglies with Gene Hackman.
“As we moved into the main course, it was as if a cosmic wind enveloped us. Some giant space magnet was pulling us together. We didn’t finish the meal. We went upstairs, flew into bed and made love. It was epic… I remember well the feisty lad he was.”
Whoa, down girl! Sometimes celebs just don’t know how to keep their big mouths shut! But Cloris isn’t the only star who’s screwed someone strange. Hollywood has a whole history of odd hookups. Here are some of the most shocking… [via Huffington Post]
Keep reading »
Happy “First Day of Summer” Frisky Readers!!! I am so dying to spend the first day of the season at the beach tomorrow. However, if you live in a place where there is no beach, or you are afraid of the sunlight, or you’re stuck in bed with the flu, you should totally take some time this weekend to mosey on over to the Frisky Forums. Here’s what the peeps have been dishing about this week: