- Lana del Rey bombed her “Saturday Night Live” performance this weekend: her voice was overly husky, nasal and out-of-key. [Popdust]
- Your new Miss America: 23-year-old Laura Kaeppeler, 23, of Kenosha, Wisconsin. She plans to use her $50,000 scholarship to attend law school and go into politics. [Starpulse]
- Speaking of Miss America, here are the top 20 most ridiculous facts about Miss America contestants. [BuzzFeed]
- Ryan Gosling missed the Golden Globes due to prior film commitments out of the country … or selfless consideration for Amelia’s Goservention. [Starpulse]
- And in case you missed it, here are Ricky Gervais’ best jokes all in one place. [Jezebel]
Keep reading »
Tag Archives: lana del rey
Lana Del Rey, whose EP Video Games was released this week, has caused a bit of a stir on the Internet since the single — also called “Video Games” — gained momentum over the summer by way of MP3 blogs. She initially performed under her real name, Lizzy Grant, before adopting a very stylized new look at the recommendation of managers and lawyers. Before her revamp (surgical or otherwise — who’s to say?) her career was hardly on the up and up. It’s only since then that she’s risen to notoriety. But whatever! All controversy aside, Lana Del Rey rules and it definitely doesn’t hurt that she looks like Brigitte Bardot circa Le Mepris. “Video Games” deserves every bit of press it’s received, and my boyfriend kindly requested that I not play it again after listening to it on repeat for several days. It’s that good.