Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Tag Archives: kristen stewart cheating
I’ve said it before and I will say it again: if I were a young actor today I would quit before I started. If I had to grow up in this media culture, I don’t think I could survive it emotionally. I would only hope that someone who loved me, really loved me, would put their arm around me and lead me away to safety. …
In 2001 I spent five months with Kristen Stewart on the set of “Panic Room” mostly holed up in a space the size of a Manhattan closet. We talked and laughed for hours, sharing spontaneous mysteries and venting our boredom. I grew to love that kid. She turned 11 during our shoot and on her birthday I organized a mariachi band to serenade her at the taco bar while she blew out her candles. She begrudgingly danced around a sombrero with me but soon rushed off to a basketball game with the grip and electric departments. Her mother and I watched her jump around after the ball, hooting with every team basket. “She doesn’t want to be an actor when she grows up, does she?” I asked. Her mom sighed. “Yes … unfortunately.” We both smiled and shrugged with an ambivalence born from experience. “Can’t you talk her out of it?” I offered. “Oh, I’ve tried. She loves it. She just loves it.” More sighs.
– Jodie Foster penned an absolutely beautiful essay on The Daily Beast about acting, celebrity, and juggling vulnerability in one’s craft with impenetrability in one’s personal life. The essay is about Kristen Stewart’s hell-hole of a life right now, of course. But Foster does not address the cheating scandal head-on; instead, she asks readers to remember “a salary for a given on-screen performance does not include the right to invade anyone’s privacy, to destroy someone’s sense of self.” Not only am I impressed with Jodie Foster’s writing chops, but I find it touching that she’s written a piece standing up for a younger actress — and reminding us all we’re just human beings. [The Daily Beast] [Photo: Getty]
Just days after eating his feelings with Jon Stewart over a pint of Ben & Jerry’s, Robert Pattinson hit up “Good Morning America” for some awkward conversation about “the elephant in the room,” as interviewer George Stephanopoulos put it.
“I want my fans to know Cinnamon Toast Crunch has only 30 calories a bowl,” he deflected when asked about the K-Stew cheating drama. Stephanopoulos pushed and pushed but all R-Patz would say was:
“You get into it to do movies. I’ve never been interested in trying to sell my personal life. The reason you go on TV is to promote movies.” Keep reading »
“The fact is, these are actors playing parts, and maybe it’s not such a bad thing that people be reminded of that. Both of these actors gave heart and soul to the ‘Twilight’ movies, not only during shooting, but also by navigating so graciously the whole life-in-a-fishbowl aspect of the phenomenon. Above all they have always shown great respect for the fans who made these movies such a success. Now it’s time that some of that respect be returned to them.”
I know everyone is all ARGH SO OVER the Robsten breakup, but I couldn’t help but have my attention held just a millisecond longer by this quote from “Breaking Dawn” director Bill Condon. It sounds like the director is saying they are a real couple and fans/the media need to lay off them during this difficult time. Though I’m not really sure the way to get respect for your private life is to issue a public statement about cheating. [Crushable via Entertainment Weekly] [Photo: Getty]
- These Twihards are not happy over the Kristen Stewart cheating scandal. Oh man, these “Keep Calm Because Robsten Is Unbroken” meme is ridic. [BuzzFeed, The FW]
- New couple alert? Katy Perry is supposedly hooking up with John Mayer. [PopCrush]
- Another new couple alert: Demi Moore was spotted with younger actor Martin Henderson. [Celebrity Cafe]
- “Game Of Thrones” actress Lena Headey has filed from divorce. [ONTD]
- Fifty shades of play! A guide to the toys in 50 Shades Of Grey. [Em & Lo] Keep reading »