This weekend, politicians and D-list celebs like Caroline Manzo hobnobbed at “nerd prom” aka the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, but if I could have had my pick, I would have gone to the Comedy Awards instead. Tons of funny and fine-lookin’ ladies were in attendance; we know they brought the jokes, but did they bring it in the fashion department as well? Let’s find out…
Tag Archives: kristen wiig
- Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg and Jason Sudeikis are ditching “Saturday Night Live” at the end of the season, two sources tell Us Weekly. [Us Weekly]
- “Star Wars” condoms remind us that in bed, as Yoda says, “Do or do not. There is no try.” [Geekologie]
- Minka Kelly is still tapping that Wilmer Valderama ass. How does he get so many girls? Amelia suspects he has an enormous penis. [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Karl Lagerfeld sent Adele a bucketload of pricy Chanel bags to apologize for calling her “a little too fat” in a French magazine. [The Sun UK]
- April showers bring May flowers … which means it’s time for you to get a splashingly chic raincoat. [Uptown Magazine] Keep reading »
I love Kristen Wiig for many reasons, and it’s been so interesting to watch her red carpet style evolve as her career grew from a “Saturday Night Live” cast member to a major movie star and Academy Award nominee. This outfit, which she wore to a “Friends With Kids” after-party, is such a fun throwback to 70s style. I especially love the color combination: vibrant orange dress, white blazer, and brown platforms. Find out how to steal her style after the jump! Keep reading »
I found last night’s Screen Actors Guild Awards to be terribly dull, aside from learning the rules behind Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, and Melissa McCarthy’s fun drinking game. So, here’s how it works: every time someone says Martin Scorcese’s name (so, you know, often), take a drink! Scorcese! Scorcese! I’m drunk!
Jennifer Westfeldt is some kind of voodoo witch doctor sorcerer. Not only has she captured the heart of Jon Hamm, but she has also written and directed a romantic comedy with an ensemble cast and, you guys, you’re not going to slit your wrists while watching it. “Friends With Kids” comes out March 9 and stars Jennifer, her manpiece, Kristen Wiig (!), Maya Rudolph (!), Chris O’Dowd (!!!!!), Adam Scott (!), and Edward Burns (!!!!!). That’s like half of the “Bridesmaids” crew, which is why it actually looks funny. Goddamn, woman. How did you keep Katharine Heigl from being cast in this? Burning crosses and heads on stakes? [YouTube]
If Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy (and Chris O’Dowd and Jon Hamm, yum) were to star in “Bridesmaids 2,” I would buy tickets tomorrow even if the movie hadn’t started filming yet. But Kim Masters from The Hollywood Reporter writes that even though Universal is planning a sequel to 2011′s blockbuster comedy, Wiig has confirmed she is is not involved. ”We aren’t working on that,” she said, referring to co-writer Annie Mumolo. ”Annie and I aren’t planning a sequel. We are writing something else.” What the eff? Keep reading »
I am loving the cover of Entertainment Weekly, featuring the cast of “Bridesmaids” in tuxedos. The six funny gals were named “Entertainers of the Year” by the magazine and I can’t help but agree. Based purely on the number of times the movie made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants, “Bridesmaids” gets my vote for most entertaining film of the year.
“For a lot of comics, there’s a persona they’re not comfortable revealing unless they’re performing. Kristen is incredibly shy; she has her hoodie pulled up and her sleeves pulled over her hands. But this is a woman who wore coconuts on her tits on SNL; she can go to the craziest, most grotesque places on the planet in character.”
– Normally I would roll my eyes at the random absurdity of a magazine like GQ naming Kristin Wiig their “Bro of the Year” alongside a photograph of the comedian in lingerie, but Jon Hamm wrote the magazine’s dedication and I am on Team Hamm Can Do No Wrong. Mind you, I’m not entirely sure what a “Bro of the Year” is, but it seems Wiig is being honored by the mag for “Bridesmaids,” a movie which — shocker! — many men found equally as funny as women. Which is awesome considering the whole “men are funnier than women” thing was getting rather tiresome. Keep reading »
Whether you’re surrounded by suburban moms or you get your suburban mom fix from Lifetime’s signature “women in peril” made-for-TV movies, you had to love this “Saturday Night Live” skit about a game show called “What’s Wrong With Tanya?” Anna Faris, Kristen Wiig and Vanessa Bayer fretted and panicked over just what’s wrong with a precious daughter. Did Tanya give birth in the school bathroom during prom? Is she illiterate? So many things to worry about! And Bill Hader is extra-creepy as the stock dude-who-is-up-to-no-good. Oh, Lifetime, I love you. [NBC.com] Keep reading »
It’s exciting to see that, in a post-”Bridesmaids” world, Kristen Wiig is starting to get major clout in Hollywood. For years, she has apparently wanted to do a movie called “Imogen,” and it has finally been picked up. Written by the husband and wife team behind “American Splendor,” Kristen describes “Imogen” as such: “It’s basically about a girl who kind of pretends to kill herself. She does it to get her recently ex-boyfriend’s attention. She ends up having to go live with her mom, whom she hasn’t seen in years. It’s kind of about going back home, so she finds her life again and gets reintroduced to her family, kind of a coming home story.” Kristen is hoping to be shooting by the summer.
So what else is on Kristen’s plate? Keep reading »