- Sorry, everyone, but there isn’t going to be a “Bridesmaids 2.” Kristen Wiig confirmed last year that she wouldn’t be involved in a sequel if there ever was one but now she’s confirmed it’s not going to happen at all. Universe, I will never forgive you for this. [Perez Hilton]
- Fred Armisen confirmed he has left “Saturday Night Live” after 11 seasons to focus on “Portlandia.” [AP]
- Christie Brinkley showed up late to a party because a dog barfed on her. [Page Six]
- Pierce Brosnan’s daughter Charlotte passed away this weekend at age 41 from ovarian cancer. The actor also lost his wife and Charlotte’s mom, Cassandra Harris, to ovarian cancer in 1991. [People] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: kristen wiig
It’s going to be a good summer: “Girl Most Likely,” starring Kristen Wiig, is coming out July 19! Kristen stars as Imogene (which was the original title of the film), a flailing playwright who has a breakdown and has to be taken care of by her loopy mother (Annette Bening), herself living with a sketchy new boyfriend named “George Bousche” (Matt Dillon) and a much-younger boy renting out her childhood bedroom (Darren Criss). Annnnd there’s a spanking joke. What’s not to love? July 19 can’t come soon enough. [IMDB]
- Kristen Wiig is coming back to host “Saturday Night Live” on May 11. Target Lady 4ever! [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Celine Dion says her two-year-old son Nelson walks better in high heels than she does. He’s probably had a lot of practice: she owns 3,000 pairs. [US Weekly]
- “Mad Men” … but with dogs! [HyperVocal]
- Lauryn Hill says new music is on the way, but she’s still not paying owed back taxes. [Idolator] Keep reading »
Kristin Wiig is hands down one of the funniest women ever. And “Arrested Development” was one of the most hilarious (if underrated) television shows out there. So the idea of those two things somehow combining has me very excited.
Wiig signed up to appear on the Netflix-only season of the resurrected show a couple of months ago, but we weren’t sure what character she’d be playing. Until now… Keep reading »
- Break out the jazz flutes guys, Kristen Wiig will be joining San Diego’s top news team in “Anchorman 2.” [NYMag.com]
- Arpad Miklos was found dead in his New York apartment from an apparent suicide. The gay porn star also starred in Perfume Genius’s “Hood” music video. [Pitchfork]
- Justin Timberlake’s seven year break from music to transition to the silver screen has made an impact on his latest album. According to his best friend, “This is music you can see.” Whatever that means. [NYMag.com] Keep reading »
Okay, honest: There wasn’t that much actual dreckitude at this year’s Golden Globes. As much as we love deriding a dress that’s just totally wrong, most celebs got it pretty spot on. So don’t think that everyone in this category is a total failure. It’s just that … they could have done better. It wasn’t that, for instance, Lena Dunham looked awful — it’s just that we would have picked something else for her. Maybe something not so heavy and drapery-like. And it’s not that Kristen Wiig didn’t look like a knock out. It’s just … the belly cutout on that dress was a bit too “pregnant high school girl at the prom.” But Julianne Hough? Sorry girl, your dress was tres terrible!
So we give the “bad” rating with those caveats in mind. Everyone there last night was a winner, and way better dressed than you or me, sitting on the couch watching at home (okay, maybe just me).
And who knows … maybe by this year’s Academy Awards we’ll be able to give some of them a mark for Most Improved.
Now, she’s a mother and wife. But that wasn’t always the case for Drew Barrymore. Before meeting husband Will Kopelman, the actress was in a serious, five-year relationship with The Strokes’ drummer Fabrizio Moretti. After they split in 2006, Barrymore didn’t expect him to one day be dating one of her girlfriends!
Moretti is currently dating “Bridesmaids” star Kristen Wiig, who also happens to be one of Barrymore’s close friends (and someone who does hilarious impressions of the “Whip It” director on “SNL”). So, how does Barrymore feel? Read more…
Kristen Wiig is pretty much a perfect human specimen–hilarious, smart, beautiful, etc.–so we were thrilled to see that she landed Marie Claire‘s August cover, sporting some seriously chic black and white looks from fashion’s biggest names. Wondering why she looks even more jubilant than usual? New boyfriend Fabrizio Moretti had flowers delivered to the shoot, and stopped by for a smooch. Get it, girl! Click through to see five more of Kristen’s super glam shots…
This weekend’s “Saturday Night Live” was a bittersweet finale, as one of our favorite funny ladies, Kristen Wiig, said farewell to the show after being on the cast for seven years. While we can’t wait to see more of Kristen on the big screen — especially after she killed it in “Bridesmaids” — we will miss her hilarious “SNL” characters and impersonations. As we wish Kristen luck on her new chapter, let’s look back at some of the best lines from her ladies, like Surprise Party Sue, Target Lady, Kathie Lee Gifford, Penelope, and “Tan Mom” Patricia Krentcil. Read more …
Hate goodbyes? Total crybaby? Then prepare yourself, because Kristen Wiig’s “Saturday Night Live” send-off made this goodbye-hating crybaby bawl. Seriously, I cried harder watching this than I did at my own high school graduation — and “SNL” didn’t even use that “
125,600 525,600 Minutes” song from “Rent.” The only thing that takes the edge off Wiig’s departure is knowing that she’s off to do even greater things.