So I finally picked up a copy of the December/January issue of Lucky featuring that godawful photo of the divinely beautiful Kerry Washington on the cover. Normally I love the mag, but they realllllly dropped the ball with this shoot. I mean, check out this photo from inside the magazine. Kerry looks amazing in this shot, don’t get me wrong — but am I the only one who’s majorly distracted by the way those sunglasses are bizarrely perched on her head? What is this fuckery? They’re hugely off-kilter and so far forward they look about to fall off. I mean, two seconds after this photo was taken, those Ray-Bans were on the floor, mark my words. Did the stylist/photographer really not take the damn time to adjust those shades so they were placed on her head properly? Or maybe wearing your sunglasses cocked to one side a new trend for 2014. Whatever the case may be, Kerry Washington/Olivia Pope deserves better than this mess!
Tag Archives: kerry washington
“Anna as the artistic director was definitely aware of our cover selection and was very supportive. Anna always provides me with guidance. As editor in chief, it comes down to my decision — and Anna agreed.”
This morning, Eva Chen, the Editor-in-Chief of Lucky, was on “Good Morning America” to reveal, amongst other things, which fashionable star is on their December cover — and, it’s Kerry Washington! Now, while Washington is more than worthy of being on Lucky‘s cover — she’s a huge star with a fantastic sense of style and appreciation for fashion — WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL DID THEY DO TO HER? Kerry looks almost unrecognizable, but I can’t put my finger on why. Perhaps it’s the excessive bronzer or what appears to be some odd photoshopping around her mouth region? She’s so frosted looking too. How did this wonky shit become to cover? Kerry deserves better, dang it. [via NYMag.com]
After weeks, nay, months … nay, yeaaaaars of complaints from critics, viewers and cast member about the lack of any Black female cast members on “Saturday Night Live,” the comedy show final addressed its diversity problem on last night’s episode, hosted by “Scandal”‘s Kerry Washington (the first Black woman to host the show since early 2012). In the cold open, Washington played both Michelle Obama and Oprah, requiring her to change off screen in a direct nod to cast member Kenan Thompson’s recent refusal to continue playing any Black female characters in drag. The opener cheekily made use of the show’s bounty of white male cast members, sending out six of them as a bunch of Matthew McConaugheys. It was a funny start to what was otherwise a lackluster and at times cringeworthy episode. While Washington did her best with the material, the episode underscored “SNL”‘s need not only for a more diverse cast, but a more diverse writing team as well. Never was it more painfully obvious that the writer’s room at “SNL” is stocked with thirtysomething white dudes. That pageant sketch? Lord, help me. Keep reading »
“It’s interesting how much people long to fill in the gaps when someone in the public eye doesn’t share their personal life. I understand their frustration. I like how people will post pictures of me with other women that I adore, hugging on red carpets, and say, ‘See?’ Are we so uncomfortable with love between two people of the same gender that we immediately label it as sexual? But I’ve never been bothered by the lesbian rumor. There’s nothing offensive about it, so there’s no reason to be offended.
“Scandal” star Kerry Washington is notoriously private about her personal life. She married in secret in June and has not publicly commented on the rumor, according to Us Weekly, that she is pregnant with her first child. And, she notes on the Advocate‘s blog, people are all too happy to speculate that because she isn’t showing off her man all around town, it must mean she must be a lesbian. Being a lesbian is fine, of course, but don’t people realize there’s more than one reason a celebrity might ask for privacy?
After the jump, here’s Washington on reaching African-Americans about issues facing gay couples through “Scandal,” as well as the similarities between ‘passing’ as white and being in the closet: Keep reading »
- “Scandal” star Kerry Washington is pregnant, according to an exclusive US Weekly report. A source told the magazine that she is four months pregnant with her husband, NFL player Nnamdi Asomugha, whom she secretly married this summer. Mazel tov! [US Weekly]
- Chris Brown has checked into rehab for “anger management,” days after he was arrested for assault in Washington, D.C. after punching a man in front of a hotel. “His goal is to gain focus and insight into his past and recent behavior, enabling him to continue the pursuit of his life and his career from a healthier vantage point,” said a statement. Long overdue, probably. [TMZ, US Weekly] Keep reading »
- “Scandal” star Kerry Washington married San Francisco 49ers quarterback Nnamdi Asomugha in a top-secret wedding on June 24 in Idaho. Congratulations on keeping that one under wraps, lady! [Eonline]
- Jay-Z spent six hours performing the song “Picasso Baby” inside a New York City art gallery, with an assist from the performance artist Marina Abramovic. [People]
- I wonder if Hillary Clinton changing her hair was a condition of Anna Wintour’s endorsement? Sad thing is, I’m not even kidding. [Racked]
- Speaking of Vogue, how is their Health Initiative doing one year later? [Fashionista] Keep reading »
Well done, Vanity Fair, for shooting the brainy and beautiful Kerry Washington for your August cover. Even on the cool blue tiles of a swimming pool, the lovely “Scandal” star is sizzling hot. She just landed her first ladymag cover on Elle last month, so it figures the woman who plays Olivia Pope would dominate Vanity Fair by summer’s end. This is one issue I can’t wait to arrive in my mailbox. [Jezebel]