Who said wearing your wedding dress had to be a one-off deal? Not Keira Knightley, that’s for sure. The actress, who wed musician James Righton this past May (center), rocked her repurposed wedding dress at an event in London last night (left). Worn over some sort of long-sleeved mesh garment, the Chanel frock looked pretty perfect on the blue carpet, but this isn’t the first time Knightley has sported the look off the altar — she actually first inaugurated the tulle number back in 2008, when she wore it with black tights to a BAFTA awards dinner (right). Five years ago, her wedding, and today … it’s safe to say Keira really, really loves this dress. [Photo Credit: WENN]
Tag Archives: keira knightley
Keira Knightley is a married woman now! On Saturday, May 4, the star wed boyfriend and Klaxons keyboardist James Righton. A source tells Us Weekly that it was a very moving ceremony and that Keira cried tears or joy as they exchanged their vows. Well, she certainly had more than one reason to be happy. She pulled off something most stars are incapable of doing.
She had a small, lovely, low-key wedding. The couple, who got engaged last May, said ‘I do’ in front of a small group of guests at a town hall in Mazan, France. With so many lavish, star-studded nuptials, her quiet ceremony comes as a refreshing surprise. Most celebrities get hitched in lavish, six-figure fetes that are just too over-the-top to believe. Read more on The Stir…
The British Advertising Standards Authority strikes again! The ad censorship watchdog, responsible for putting the kibosh on everything from scummy American Apparel ads to a photo of an underage Dakota Fanning holding a perfume bottle between her legs for Marc Jacobs, is cracking down on another campaign. Next up on the chopping block is a Chanel Coco Mademoiselle fragrance commercial starring Keira Knightley. Keep reading »
Generally Acknowledged Life Truth: Keira Knightley is so beautiful it’s stupid. We’ve been loving all of her “Anna Karenina” premiere looks, but we think this one, with its sleek, perfect cat eye and pink lipstick, has taken the cake so far. Find out what you need to channel Keira’s romantic flair, after the jump… Keep reading »
- Keira Knightley poses topless in the new issue of Allure and says she’s fine with exposing her ta-tas on film “because they’re so small.” But that’s not all! [Us Weekly]
- Heidi Klum is the latest celeb to do “Gangnam Style” — watch her duet with Psy from this past weekend’s MTV EMAs.
- Victoria’s Secret has apologized for the American Indian headdress that was donned by a model during their fashion show and says it will pull the offending look from the television broadcast. [The Celebrity Cafe]
- Speaking of Victoria’s Secretly, is the lingerie brand releasing a line of 50 Shades of Grey-inspired underthings? [Celeb Dirty Laundry]
Oh, Keira Knightley, can you do no wrong? [Yes. See the movie "A Dangerous Method." -- Editor] Seen here: the “Anna Karenina” star is untouchable in Valentino (and I’m going to need an ID on that lipstick, stat). She is totally making me reconsider my visceral reaction to my own overgrown eyebrows, which is to say the damning little voice inside my head that encourages me to take a razor to those bitches. Never a good idea.
- The latest Disney star to come under fire isn’t Miley Cyrus or Demi Lovato — nope, it’s Minnie Mouse, who’s stirring up controversy over her gaunt appearance in this year’s Barneys holiday campaign. (At left: Minnie before her dramatic weight loss.) [Change.org]
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner have scored the gig of a lifetime: designing clothes for teens and tweens… in Canada! Yay! [Gossip Cop]
- Feeling a lack of jewelry lust in your life today? These Chanel baubles are the ultimate aphrodisiac. [Refinery29]
- To celebrate its 40th anniversary in November, W has released four special covers, each a tribute to one decade in the publication’s history, featuring Rooney Mara, Mia Wasikowska, Scarlett Johansson, and Keira Knightley. [Examiner] Keep reading »
I guess if you’re going to an event called the Chanel Little Black Jacket dinner, you might want to wear black to fit in. And so, Keira Knightley wore what looks at first glance like a standard retro ’50s frock. But turn her around and you see the true magic of the garment. [Photo: Fame/Flynet]
“I remember doing interviews, and people would ask, as if it was a joke, ‘So you mean you are a feminist?’ As though feminism couldn’t be discussed unless we were making fun of it. I don’t want to deny my femininity. But would I want to be a stay-at-home mother? No. On the other hand, you should be allowed to do that, as should men, without being sneered at.”
– I don’t know why I am surprised that Keira Knightley outs herself as a loud-and-proud feminist in Vogue. I suppose it makes sense: girlfriend has had to squeeeeeeze herself into more than a few corsets in all those English period pieces. I’m fairly certain not being able to breathe will make anyone a feminist. [Vogue]
Isn’t it nice to see Keira Knightley’s pretty face adorning multiple magazine covers rather than someone like, say, Kim Kardashian? I jest, kind of, and I do know a few people who maintain that Keira is only marginally more talented than the reality star in question … but regardless, she’s definitely more likable. I’ll be honest, my affinity may have less to do with Keira’s abilities as an actress and way more to do with the fact that there was a time in my life wherein I, like, so totally wanted to be Elizabeth Swann. Keep reading »