Behold, an image of Katy Perry from the set of her new music video, “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F).” Wow, that is some serious hardware on her teeth. Good for her for joining the ranks of celebrity brace faces. I love that she opted for the colored bands to match her earrings. [Oh No They Didn't] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: katy perry
Katy Perry looks gorgeous on the new cover of Vanity Fair. And in the accompanying story, she talks about the thing we find the most interesting about her—the fact that she was raised by two ministers in an extremely evangelical household. It’s now common knowledge that Katy started her career as Katy Hudson, a gospel singer who’d only heard secular music at slumber parties, but in this interview she reveals some new details. “I didn’t have a childhood,” she explains, before divulging that she wasn’t allowed to say “Dirt Devil,” as in the vacuum cleaner, and that the only book her mother would read was the Bible.
After the jump, more details Katy’s shared about her upbringing. Keep reading »
Katy Perry posed for Annie Liebovitz on the June cover of Vanity Fair and I must admit I’m not used to seeing her in such a “normal” look. Sedate makeup? (For her.) Check. Sedate outfit? (For her.) Check. Eyebrow-raising quotes about Planned Parenthood, her evangelical parents, and her boobs? Ah, yes, those are right inside. [Vanity Fair] Keep reading »
So many ridonkulous things are said about celebrities on a daily basis that their normal course of action is just to ignore. But every now and then, a magazine or website publishes a story that pisses off a celebrity so much that they decide to sue. For Katy Perry, Australian gossip rag New Weekly Magazine crossed the line when they ran a story alleging that she cheated on her new hubby Russell Brand with her producer, Benny Blanco. The article they ran gave very little in the way of proof. All it did was quote one of Katy’s former friends, Angela Summers, who said Katy liked to flirt with wild-haired Benny. Keep reading »
Katy Perry is getting in on the royal wedding celebration with a Kate Middleton and Prince William inspired manicure.
The 26-year-old “Fireworks” singer shared a picture of her royal digits via Twitter. “In honor of the Royal Wedding, I present you… My royal NAILS! CONGRATS! Perry tweeted.
From the newlywed’s engagement photo shot by renowned photographer Mario Testino to an image of young William being held by his mother, the late Princess Diana, Perry pays tribute to the couple in a creative way. Read more… Keep reading »
- Katy Perry’s video “E.T.,” featuring Kanye West, is here! Now you can see why Katy was dressed up like an alien. (Not that her looks aren’t pretty weird to begin with.) [YouTube]
- Rachel Zoe tweeted the first pic of herself with her new son, Skyler, who was born last week. [Styleite]
- “Dancing With The Stars” judge Carrie Ann Inaba got a surprise on-air proposal from her boyfriend of two years while co-hosting “Live! With Regis And Kelly.” Aww! [PopEater]
- Check out guest host Elton John’s promo shots for “Saturday Night Live”! ZOMG, I am so effing excited. [RadarOnline]
Whoa. Katy Perry‘s look in the video for “ET” is even more convincingly alien than we’d originally thought. We won’t get to see the full vid until the 31st, but Katy posted this image—plus the two after the jump—on Facebook to give us a taste of her turquoise contacts, pink veiny forehead, and space-age fingernails. I’m kind of loving it. What do you think? Keep reading »
“I recognized the psalmist gift in her performance. Yet she sang out, ‘I kissed a girl, and I liked it,’ while thousands joined her. One part of my heart soared . . . the other part broke for the thousands of hungry souls being fed something that didn’t nourish their spirit, but fed their flesh.”
—Katy Perry‘s mom, preacher Mary Perry Hudson, explains how she felt seeing her daughter perform her first hit single, “I Kissed a Girl.” This is a snippet from the memoir proposal Mary’s been shopping around to publishers which she says will not be “Christian proselytizing or a Katy Perry tell-all.” [NY Post]
After the jump, read how Mary felt about seeing her daughter in a skimpy costume for the first time. Keep reading »
- Katy Perry’s mom is writing a tell-on book on her Christian ministry her famous daughter. The bombshell, apparently, is that Katy’s mama “disagrees with a lot of choices [Katy] makes in her career.” You mean her mother isn’t proud her daughter’s shooting whipped cream out of her bra? That’s just crazy. [Oh No They Didn’t!]
- Kurt and Blaine finally kissed on “Glee”! Squeeee! [Celebuzz]
- Reese Witherspoon is marrying her longtime boyfriend, agent Jim Toth, on March 26 at her California home. Aww! [Radar Online]
- Facebook has blocked a company from selling a Mark Zuckerberg action figure. Instead, you’ll have to find your Ken doll a tiny tee shirt and zip-up hoodie. [Oh No They Didn’t!]
Covering songs is dangerous. You have to pick something obscure enough that a zillion people haven’t already done it, but recognizable enough that the audience will want to sing along. You have to give the song your own spin, while keeping true enough to the original that the song maintains its basic shape. So I think it’s a little strange that Katy Perry decided to cover “Born This Way,” Lady Gaga‘s new single that’s been accused of being a Madonna “Express Yourself” rip-off. Why? Well, because it’s so darn new. Also, I think the song is kind of a snoozer, so it you aren’t gonna pop out of an egg/womb-thingy for it, why bother? [People] Keep reading »