In the immortal words of the late Amy Winehouse, what kind of fuckery is this? On Tuesday, we speculated that repeat style offender Katy Perry seemed to be getting her sartorial shit together but, um, do you think we might be able to backpedal a bit on that one? Granted, she’s just going to the airport in this heinous attire, but still. Her outfit looks like it was copped straight out of my wardrobe, age 12, circa Rebellious Stage, in an era where Ed Hardy was considered a good look. Oh, but that was probably never.
Tag Archives: katy perry
Ahem, Katy Perry fans, time to pay attention! Enter Katy Perry: Part of Me Sweepstakes by July 8, 2012 for your chance to win a hometown screening for yourself and twenty five of your closest friends or family members at your local AMC!
How to enter, after the jump! Keep reading »
You guys know I generally find Katy Perry to dress like the Poor Man’s Gaga — so wacky! So out of control! So over the top! Oh look, there’s whipped cream shooting out of her tits! Oh geez, her entire look is inspired by an ice cream cone she dropped on the pavement when she was in fifth grade!
But this look — a modest (for Katy Perry) dress she wore on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” — I actually like. Sure, she’s still got an insurmountable situation going on with her hair, but the dress is tops.
And speaking of unlikely things, I actually kind of want to watch her new documentary/concert movie, if only to see the dismantling of her relationship with Russell Brand. I mean, they did make me sit through their awful wedding montage during the Grammys, after all.
Katy Perry was basically the star of this weekend’s Much Music Video Awards (the Canadian version of the MTV Awards, basically), walking the red carpet with her own posse of little look-a-likes. Each of the tykes dressed up as one of Katy’s many incarnations. Perry also had a few costume changes over the course of the night — check out her comic book hero-inspired red carpet look, the conservative outfit she wore to present, and the naked butterfly ensemble she performed in, after the jump! Keep reading »
Vintage flapper style has long been a fashion inspiration, especially with the promise of Baz Luhrman’s anachronistic, aesthetically thrilling “Gatsby” adaptation on our heels, but methinks Katy Perry may have taken the trend a bit too literally at last night’s City Of Hope gala. Her long, lacy silk slip is perfectly lovely, but the headpiece and haphazard pearls send the whole thing straight into Halloween costume territory. The silver mules are definitely retro, but not in a good way — they’re more bridge champion than pop star. Also, yin-yang nail art? Where is Katy trying to go with this? I’m confounded. Keep reading »
Katy Perry told Ellen DeGeneres that her tour documentary “Part Of Me” is going to include the dissolution of her marriage from husband-of-14-months Russell Brand ”in the most tasteful way.” Katy said she’s commited to “breaking down the idea that to achieve your dream you always have to be perfect or flawless or live in some kind of fantasy world … we know we’re not perfect at all.” Half of me is thinking, Katy, girl, opening up the world to your breakup is not a good idea. But the other half of me appreciates Katy’s desire not to whitewash her life and sanitize it beyond PR-approved recognition. You know? [Guardian UK]
This past weekend, the stars aligned for the 2012 Billboard Music Awards. Adele and LMFAO were the big winners, but there were a lot of fashion knockouts on the red carpet. Let’s see what they wore, shall we?
Russell Brand is opening up from his split from Katy Perry after 14 months of marriage — and he’s got a surprisingly positive outlook on the whole divorce.
“I still love her as a human being,” Brand tells Ellen DeGeneres in a new interview airing today. “Sometimes when you’re in a relationship I suppose it doesn’t work out, does it? But that doesn’t mean I regret it or anything. I was very happy to be married with her. She’ s such a beautiful human being and I just have only love and positivity for her.” Click here to watch the interview!
- Katy Perry is dating Florence + The Machine guitarist Robert Ackroyd, claims Life & Style, and was supposedly blabbing about it at Coachella, where she performed. Whew. That’s a relief. Glad to hear she’s not getting back with Russell Brand. [Life & Style]
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel scoped out the Palazzo Margherita in Bernalda, Italy, as a wedding location — it’s the same place filmmaker Sofia Coppola tied to knot to that guy from the band Phoenix! [PopCrush]
- Check out the most insane overreactions to that horrible new song “Hot Problems.” [Gurl.com]
- Guess who’s asked basketball player Jeremy Lin out on a date? [The FW]
- Axl Rose might be dead on Twitter, but not in real life, thankfully. [Celebrity Cafe]
- Video has leaked of Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman singing “Do You Hear The People Sing?” on the set of “Les Miserables.” [YouTube via Flynet Pictures]
Keep reading »
- Rumor has it, soon-to-be-divorcée Katy Perry is a “lost soul right now” and trying to get Russell Brand back. Somehow I smell BS on this one. But if not … girl, resist the temptation and go bang that male model you were screwing again. [PopCrush]
- Celebs remember Dick Clark, who died yesterday at age 82, over Twitter. [Celebrity Cafe]
- Splurge, regret. Splurge, regret. Are you shopping for the wrong reasons? [Betty Confidential]
- All the deets on the 10 episodes of “Arrested Development” coming soon to your friendly local Netflix subscription. [PopBytes]
- Three common food myths explained by a nutritionist. [A New Mode] Keep reading »