Kate and Pippa Middleton are getting their own “E! True Hollywood Story,” airing Wednesday night at 10:00 p.m. EST, proving that there’s always (always) an appetite for Middleton sisters’ gossip. The hour-long episode features dish from “from school friends, neighbors and journalists who have followed the Middleton’s throughout the years.” Keep reading »
Tag Archives: kate middleton
“Is she a style icon of the likes of a Kate Moss? Absolutely not. Is she in the public eye? Are people going to become obsessed with everything she wears regardless of what it is? Yes.”
–Elle Fashion News Director Anne Slowey, on Kate Middleton’s style, or lack thereof. Thank you Ms. Slowey for vindicating my already controversial opinion regarding the Duchess’ complete lack of interesting sartorial choices. And Nordstrom Fashion Director Gregg Andrews concurred, saying:
“She is stylish, but she’s not setting trends, she’s following trends. If you take Kate out of the Royal Family, put her on a street in New York, you wouldn’t look at her twice. She’s a beautiful woman, but she blends into a crowd.”
- Kate Middleton is not pregnant with twins, you sick people obsessed with what’s going on in other women’s wombs. The palace denied a tabloid report that the Duchess is expecting, although it confirmed William and Kate do hope to have kids someday. [Us Weekly]
- Reese Witherspoon was hit by a car while jogging and taken to a hospital. Fortunately the actress was not seriously injured. The elderly driver was cited for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk. [People]
- Kelis is throwing shade at Katy Perry, announcing in an interview, “Katy Perry is crap. It’s just poor pop.” Damn! [Starpulse]
A few years back, one of my friends was having a hard time with the fact that her younger sister was getting married. She felt self-conscious about being dateless to the big event, and so anguished about buying a hot dress to wear. When she emailed me a photo of a dress she finally felt good about, I gasped. It was white and strapless. How do I tell her that it is totally inappropriate to wear white since that, duh, is the color her sister will be wearing? I thought. In the end, I told her it was lovely but suggested that she talk to her sister about it as soon as possible. Her sister flipped. A fight ensued.
So I’m very surprised that recently, two very high profile brides have chosen to put their maids of honor in white. Keep reading »
Poor Prince William and Kate Middleton. The pizza with their faces recreated in vegetables was bad, but that’s got nothing on these vacant-eyed dolls from the toy company Arklu. A set of William and Kate together in their wedding finery costs $159.95; the Kate doll alone is a cool $79.95. (For some reason, the Prince William doll cannot be purchased on its own.) I might actually pay someone to keep these dolls from coming alive at night and eating my brains while I sleep. [Arklu.com via USA Today] Keep reading »
- It was bound to happen sooner or later: Life & Style claims Kate Middleton is “refusing to eat” because she is stressed about kidnap threats (probably true), under immense pressure to be the perfect princess (probably also true), and, laughably, “rebelling against the queen.” Kate does look like she needs a sandwich or three. Still, no one, least of all me, wants to deal with Kate Middleton eating disorder rumors for the rest of this woman’s life. [Celebitchy]
- Amy Winehouse’s home in North London will be converted into a rehab center called the Amy Winehouse Foundation. Insert tasteless Lindsay Lohan joke here. [NME]
- Robert Pattinson wanted his character in “Twilight” to start crying after Bella and Edward have sex for the first time. Oh please. [ONTD]
- Kat Von D and Jesse James may have split because he accused her of hooking up with his friend, Bam Magera. If anyone should STFU about cheating, it’s you, Jesse James. [Celebitchy]
Recently, a big stink has been made about Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, bringing back nude hosiery. Now, you couldn’t pay me a million spacebucks to wear nude pantyhose — it freaks me out and reminds me of my 5th grade teacher Bobbie Jo Hibben who was obsessed with matching every aspect of her outfit. But the trend did pique my interest enough to check out the line that Ms. Middleton is supposedly rocking. Italian brand Philippe Matignon is not yet launched in the U.S., but the brand can be found at Urban Outfitters and select retailers — and they’ve just launched a collection of sheer stockings and socks. We fell in love with these thigh-high fishnets, and can’t wait until we’re able to purchase more from the collection when their U.S. retail site goes live on September 1. Middleton’s nude look notwithstanding, Matignon is here to stay.
“I would have loved to have dressed Kate Middleton. But I have to wait until she kind of catches up a bit somewhere with style…I think she’s got a problem with eye make-up! The sharp line around her eyes make her look hard. Either she should be smudgy or wear none. … Let me put it this way. It seems to me, that her image is ‘ordinary woman.’ Therefore, high street shopper. And I just think she should be an extraordinary woman, wherever she gets her clothes from.”
“Only in this country they call it a faux pas. In England they’re like, look how thrifty she’s being, showing the British public that the royals are in a recession as well. I’m sorry, if I had that job I would only wear it once. If I’m going to be the future bloody queen of England I’m gonna wear that dress once, and that’s it, because I’m giving up the rest of my life, all of my privacy — at least I could wear a new dress every day.”
–”Fashion Police” panelist Kelly Osbourne speaking on “The Tonight Show With Jay Leno,” about Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge‘s habit of wearing the same dress twice. What do you think? [NYMag] Keep reading »
Now that she’s one of the most famous women in the world, the Dutchess of Cambridge is a prime target for nutters. Kate Middleton had to undergo personal safety training on how to handle a kidnapping. The British Special Air Service, or SAS, trained Middleton on “key survival skills such as noticing anything unusual in routine surroundings, how to react when attacked and how to build a relationship with hostage-takers,” according to the UK’s Sun. Having the glossiest head of hair in the world comes with its risks!
Keep reading »