All right, you all know I’m a Pippa Middleton apologist. I feel for Pippa. I think she’s gotten the sh-t end of the scepter since Kate Middleton because Mrs. William Wales and the world’s golden girl. I know there are stories that she’s a social climber and trying to capitalize on her sister’s fame but I just don’t see it all the way out here in the middle of America so I don’t focus on that. What I will focus on is the fact that Kate’s brother, James Middleton,was just snapped with Hollywood D-lister and hot mess, Mischa Barton, and there’s no slap on the wrist. And it got me thinking. Do Kate Middleton and the royal family hold Princess Pippa to a higher standard? Read more…
Tag Archives: kate middleton
When Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, isn’t all glammed up for events, I think she is so freakin’ adorable. Is that disrespectful to say of a future princess? I just mean that she looks so relaxed and smiley, like a fun normal girl with exceptionally shiny, voluminous hair, that I want her to be my best pretty princess friend. Bonus points for looking downright fabulous in Yves Klein blue! So if we did happen to become best pretty princess friends, which is almost entirely possible, I would gently advise her to loosen up the vise grip on the black eye pencil, and steer her in the direction of a thin, clean liquid line on the upper lid. There is no reason that anyone, especially a girl as lovely and as married to Prince William as Kate, should be wearing such heavy-handed liner to a daytime sporting event (oh, just the Olympics). However, I will note that she is clearly magic, because she’s sitting in the sun and that stuff is not budging. I would die to know what’s inside Kate’s makeup bag, but I feel pretty confident that she will never, ever tell. That skin! It’s gotta be the bee venom.
“Kate Middleton has a nice silhouette and she is the right girl for that boy. I like that kind of woman, I like romantic beauties. On the other hand, her sister struggles. I don’t like the sister’s face. She should only show her back.”
– Gee, Karl Lagerfeld, tell us how you really feel. I know no one can compare to the great beauty that is Choupette, but did you have to follow up a compliment for Kate Middleton by insulting Pippa? So mean. [The Sun via Dlisted]
Kate Middleton has gotten a lot of flack for her somewhat staid royal dress sense. William’s bride hasn’t made a sartorial misstep to date, but she definitely tends to go for a lot of very safe, very modest looks that are, well, kind of yawn-inducing. They aren’t necessarily the wrong choices — she does have a certain regality to uphold, and have you seen some of the busted polyester shit Beatrice and Eugenie wear? — but I think Kate has wonderful taste and really could grow into the style icon lot she’s been prematurely dealt. I’ll admit, I covertly cross my fingers whenever she makes a formal appearance in hopes that she’ll step out in a seriously jaw-dropping (yet palace-appropriate) look this time … and I think we’re getting closer! Stella McCartney’s designs occasionally leave me lukewarm, but this simple short-sleeved azure shift with its nipped-in waist is flawless on Kate, and a promising sign of fashion “risks” (I use that term lightly) to come. But seriously, I am still dying — dying — to see the duchess in an Elie Saab creation. I’ll send her an email with the address to his London store just in case. [Photo: FameFlynet]
- Kate Middleton is on the cover of South Africa’s Marie Claire magazine … at least, her artistic rendering is. The mag’s editor called the image “a hyper-real illustration of Kate, meant to be a fan art tribute to fashion’s new royal icon.” Okay, sure. [Socialite Life]
- The Internet thought Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds were married for a hot second this weekend. [Betty Confidential]
- A family friend of George Zimmerman, the Florida man who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, has come forward to say he sexually abused her for 10 years from age six to 19. Trigger warning for these ones. [Huffington Post, Uptown Magazine]
The “fun gene” in the Middleton family didn’t all just go to Pippa! Some of it went to Katrina Darling, a pinup/burlesque performer who just so happens to be related to the Duchess Of Cambridge. Okay, so she is a distant cousin — but related nonetheless. Katrina Darling will shake what her mama gave her in an eight-page Playboy spread being published this September. The petite pinup has recently quit her job as a banker to become an exotic dancer full time. Maybe when things get a little boring around the palace, which I imagine is often, Kate Middleton can skip over to her cousin’s haunts to learn some burlesque moves to impress William. (Or Harry.) [Daily Mail UK] [Photo: YvetteBessels.com]
A photograph of Kate Middleton in a bikini, allegedly from on her honeymoon with Prince William, has been published on the cover of Women’s Day magazine. The royal couple, as you surely remembered, had requested that their weeklong honeymoon be kept private and chose a remote island in the Seychelles for that very reason.
Which begs the question: How much privacy from the prying eyes of photographers are Kate Middleton and Prince William entitled to? Keep reading »
Reason #5934 why being rich and famous wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world: Elie Saab. Actually, while we’re waxing hyperbolic, let’s give him the top slot. I can’t think of a single designer more imaginative, more unique, more timeless, or more committed to the most exquisite detail than Saab. It’s never conceptual or difficult to understand, but it’s also never boring, and it’s always stunningly beautiful. You know who I’d love to see in one of Saab’s designs? Kate Middleton. She would be flawless, no?
- Kate Middleton is supposedly “humiliated” that the Queen has ordered her to curtsy to Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice because they are “blood princesses” and Kate only married into the family. Humiliating! Life is hard for Kate Middleton indeed. [Life & Style]
- Selena Gomez was photographed at a party this weekend being carried over the shoulder by one of Justin Bieber’s friends, Alfredo Flores. Uh oh, I predict some drama. [PopCrush]
- Kelly Clarkson opens up about those lesbian rumors. I guess if you sing songs about being an independent woman and you don’t have a boyfriend attached at the hip at all times, you must be a lesbian? [Celebrity Cafe]
- Cute and clever ways to display and store your makeup. I love the cupcake dish idea. [Wander With Style] Keep reading »
Important fashion news! A “study” by a Parisian fashion company found that British women wear “longer skirts and less revealing tops” than women elsewhere in Europe, especially Italy and France. The “study” posits that Kate Middleton’s preppy-princess style is encouraging women to dress more “demure” by covering their upper arms and knees. (Kate Moss is also cited by the study being quoted as saying women should cover up, which is funny because Kate’s the most Most Likely To Be Naked model ever.) I don’t doubt that Duchess Kate’s inspired women to purchase more preppy fashions like the ones at LK Bennett and Reiss. But there’s something else this “study” might want to note: the UK is cold, y’all. Colder than Italy. Colder than France.
Just a thought. [NY Daily News]