Who hasn’t at one point — or many — dreamed of quitting their job in some sort of dramatic, clever fashion? Marina V. Shifrin, a video producer, was sick of insanely late nights spent creating videos that were only valued by her boss based on the views they received rather than the content therein. So, one night at 4:30 am, while stuck in the office, she decided to make one video on her own terms: an interpretive “I quit!” dance to Kanye West’s “Gone.” How much you wanna bet this video gets more views than the others she did for work? I’m happy to help with that by posting it. You go, girl. [via Thought Catalog]
Tag Archives: kanye west
- Kanye West blew up at paparazzi lurking outside his house at 4 a.m, who were there to ask him about his dustup with Jimmy Kimmel. Frankly, after watching the TMZ clip, I don’t blame him one bit. Those photogs are just loitering in his driveway — at one point, practically going into his garage — and pestering him in the middle of the night. It’s creepy. [TMZ]
- Zac Efron posted an Instagram pic of himself in Peru and thanked fans for their support. It recently came out that Efron had done multiple stints in rehab this year for drug abuse. [Celebuzz]
- WNBA players Diana Taurasi and Seimone Augustus got way up in each other’s faces and then — jokingly — kissed during the middle of a playoff game last night. [Yahoo]
- Prince George’s christening has been set for late October at the chapel in St. James Palace and will be a small family affair. Buy your diamond-encrusted Bibles now. [US Weekly] Keep reading »
So, this week on “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” Jimmy made a little fun of a recent Kanye West interview the rapper did with BBC Radio One. After showing some of the clips from the interview, Kimmel had children act out the interview, you know, to illustrate how ridiculous Kanye sounds.
Kanye was not having it. He spent yesterday evening tweeting his distaste for Kimmel IN ALL CAPS. Keep reading »
Is this really happening? After all of this time, and all of Anna Wintour‘s reported efforts — discouraging Kanye West from attending the Met Ball with Kim on his arm, refusing to deign to Yeezus’ request that North’s official unveiling come by way of a Vogue cover — is Kim Kardashian finally finding herself embraced, or at least tolerated, by the fashion industry’s inner circle?
Considering the sex tape/reality TV star landed the newest cover of Carine Roitfeld‘s biannual editorial tome CR Fashion Book, all signs point to … maybe. Carine famously fell out with Wintour in 2010, which resulted in her ousting from the editor-in-chief position at Vogue Paris, so to suggest that Kim has at long last ingratiated herself with the Vogue crowd would be a bit of a stretch. Still, the photos, shot while Kim was almost nine months pregnant, are nothing to shrug at — they were art-directed by close Kanye (and Carine) compadre Riccardo Tisci of Givenchy, and who worked the camera but Karl Lagerfeld himself? Not bad, Kim, not bad. Kanye’s infamous Tweet, forever memorialized on this holy grail of T-shirts, is starting to make that much more sense.
People are always trying to make money in this world, so it’s not a surprise in any way, shape or form that the photographer who got into a scuffle with Kanye West at LAX last month is trying to sue. Daniel Ramos has filed a lawsuit against Yeezus with charges of assault, battery, negligence and interference with the exercise of civil rights and he wants to be paid big time for it. Also, he wants the case to have a jury trial. What’s with these yahoos? Read more at Evil Beet Gossip…
Kanye West appeared on Kris Jenner’s new talk show, “Kris,” this morning and gave the world its first look at daughter North — finally, amiright? But far more interesting to me was the odd rapport between Kanye and his maybe-someday future-mother-in-law, who the tabloids have long suggested don’t get along. Now Kanye, Kim and Nori (as she’s called) are living under Jenner’s roof and things are, they promise, just hunky dory! My favorite part of the hour-long interview was the how-fuck-ness of Kanye going on and on about how much he hates the paparazzi, while Kris nods her head all understanding-like, even though she is the biggest damn fame pimp Hollywood ever did see. Best quote? At the tail end of discussing how their families, aka brands, have merged Kanye says: “There’s only one brand now and it’s family.” Aww?
Kanye West appeared on Kris Jenner’s new talk show, “Kris,” today — video clips of their ridiculous interview are coming up later! — and revealed the first photo of he and Kim Kardashian’s baby daughter North. Um, ridiculously adorable baby alert. North is GORGEOUS. Those cheeks! Video after the jump! Keep reading »
- Kanye West loves Kim and North so much that your mean blog comments will not make him sad. [US Weekly]
- Black Keys singer Dan Auerbach’s divorce is getting finalized. His wife is walking away with $5 million and one weird little asset: Bob Dylan’s hair. [TMZ]
- Christina Hendricks has joined the cast of “Dark Places,” the adaptation of the Gillian Flynn novel. [Uproxx]
- Madonna’s got a blingy gold grill. (No, I don’t know what she’s doing either.) [Mirror UK]
- Lena Dunham Instagrammed a pic of an anonymous letter to a magazine “sexpert” she wrote as a 19-year-old virgin back in 2005. [Jezebel] Keep reading »
Speaking to “Extra” on Tuesday, Kris Jenner gushed about daughter Kim Kardashian, whom she says is feeling “so good” and “healthy” two months after giving birth to her own daughter, North.
“She feels so good,” Jenner, 57, said. “She feels healthy, has energy, and she’s looking good. She’s eating right. It’s like she’s on maternity leave, just enjoying the baby.” Read more at Celebuzz…
It’s the day of bros bashing bros: President Obama has had a somewhat tortured relationship with Kanye West, at least as reported in the media. He memorably called the rapper a “jackass” in 2009, then later explained that he “liked” the “smart” and “talented” Kanye … though adding “he is a jackass.” Now Kanye’s name has popped up once again, in a Kindle Singles Interview about “the economy and the increasing need for government programs that [Obama] believes can make a difference.” Wait, wha? Yes. Read more at Newser…