Sure Jessica Biel may come off a touch prissy, but she’s got a pretty rugged plan for January—she has signed on to climb Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa. Why? For clean water—and not just because she might get really thirsty during the 19,000-foot hike. Biel is braving the treacherous peak as part of the Summit on the Summit expedition. Singer and producer Kenna organized the group in honor of his father who suffered diseases from drinking unclean water as a child growing up in Ethiopia. Biel believes that access to clean water is “a basic human necessity that needs to be addressed now” and is honored to be climbing Kilimanjaro with the team to help raise awareness and hopefully some dough. So I’m sure you’re all wondering what I’m wondering…is Justin Timberlake joining her? It’s not confirmed, but in a recent issue of GQ he said he was preparing for a major mountain climb. Translation: following Jess’ bum up Mount Kili. [Pop Eater] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: justin timberlake
- A 19-pound baby was born in Indonesia. So glad it did not pop out of my vagina. [Babble]
- Justin Timberlake has been cast as Facebook founding president Sean Parker in the movie about the making of the social networking site. [Gawker]
- 10 Spanking Tips. Do I really need to say anything more? [Em & Lo]
How retro. The FCC has proclaimed that it would like to “further investigate” Nipplegate, i.e., the moment in 2004 when Justin Timberlake pulled at Janet Jackson‘s costume during the Super Bowl halftime show, baring her pierced nipple and traumatizing children for years, even though a commercial for Viagra that made reference to a “four-hour erection” aired during the same program and apparently had no adverse effect. The FCC has brought their complaint all the way up to the Third District Appeals Court, hoping that the case can be reopened. “The evidence in this case strongly suggests that CBS had access to video delay technology at the time of the 2004 Super Bowl,” the FCC said. In other words, they think the nip slip was “willfull.” Really? Does anyone still care about this? And doesn’t our government have better things to be spending its time on? [Gawker] Keep reading »
- Beloved director John Hughes died today at the age of 59 from a heart attack. John delighted audiences young and old with movie classics – “Sixteen Candles,” “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,” “Pretty In Pink,” and “The Breakfast Club.” Thanks for all the good times John, we won’t forget about you. [Chicago Tribune]
- Justin Timberlake’s new Givenchy cologne ads are set to come out next month in the September issue of several magazines. Even though JT is the face of the cologne “Play,” the sexy singer recently told People that his favorite scent is just “a person’s skin”. [People] – I’d be happy to let Justin smell my perfume.
- Jennifer Aniston won an iParenting Award for narrating a children’s book with her father. Loukoumi’s Good Deeds was granted the media award in the “Outstanding” category. [Us Magazine] – Congrats Jen, but still confused that a single, childless actress won an award for parenting.
So, of course, being invited to join the CFDA, the Council of Fashion Designers of America, is the highest honor an American designer can achieve. Oddly enough, William Rast, Justin Timberlake’s clothing line, and The Row, from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, have both been inducted to the council. Is anyone else uber confused? We sorta get the Olsens. After all, their clothing line has been gaining lots of buzz since it first debuted, and the fashion set loves it for being well-made and well-designed, if a little pricey. But William Rast? What’s to love? It’s primarily known for producing denim. We need answers, and we need them now! If not, we’d at least like a CFDA invitation ourselves since it looks like anyone with a needle and thread can join. Sorry, but we had to take it there! [CFDA] Keep reading »
Ugh, I am actually a fan of Justin Timberlake so it broke my heart to hear that NYC lit agent David Vigliano is shopping around Timberlake’s golf memoir proposal. Maybe it’s just the die hard golfer in me, since I loved him being a singer, dancer, fashion designer and even enviro-friendly golf course owner, but this makes no sense. Why? It’s true he did play golf all through high school and I know he made the pro-am (pro-amateur) celebrity golf tournament circuits, but from what I understand from those who know better is that he isn’t exactly an avid golfer. Back in the day one of my friends was partnered in a round with him and decided that he was more interested in signing autographs than playing ball. Can’t Justin just write about his rise to fame like Vigliano’s past successful book deals with Shannon Doherty and Clay Aiken? Oh well, let’s hope I’m pleasantly surprised. [Um, for all us non-golfers out there, and we are many(!), does this sound like the most boring book he could possibly write or... ? -- Editor] [Observer] Keep reading »
What do you think he’s got in there? PB&J sandwich? Ham and cheese? Lunchables? [NYC, 5/15/09] Keep reading »
Escorting girlfriend Jessica Biel to the after party for her new movie, “Easy Virtue.” [NYC, 5/11/09] Keep reading »