Tag Archives: jon hamm
My favorite parts of “Bridesmaids“—well, besides the Wilson Phillips reunion—were Jon Hamm as Kristen Wiig‘s jerky and totally self-absorbed hook-up buddy and Melissa McCarthy as her twisted, tell-it-like-it-is fellow bridesmaid. So I am pretty excited that these two actors will be reuniting—under the direction of “Bridesmaids”‘ Paul Feig and Judd Apatow, no less—for a new comedy. In the flick, Jon and Melissa apparently become “unconventional lovers.” The plot description doesn’t tell us much, but I assume the unconventional part is that Jon Hamm is an all-out hot hot hottie while Melissa McCarthy, who stars in the show “Mike & Molly,” is adorable but heavy.
As we all know, Hollywood isn’t about overweight. It also doesn’t like ugly or, gasp, average. When it comes to romance on screen, it usually only happens between exceptionally good looking people with traditionally great bodies. Keep reading »
After several weeks and nearly 20,000 votes, we’ve narrowed down our Sweet 16 Most Stylish Men to a slim and sartorially excellent Great 8. Take a good look at the matches we have coming up and pick your battles well. David Beckham vs. Adam Levine? Jon Hamm vs. Joseph Gordon-Levitt (sweet Lord, don’t make me choose!). The tightest races? Donald Glover only narrowly won over James Franco and the “Gossip Girl” guys — Chace Crawford and Ed Westwick — were in a battle royale. It’s on you, dear Frisky readers, to determine who’s going to go all the way to number one, so vote early and often for the men whose style makes you wild. Keep reading »
Speaking of hot, self-directed guys, today we get some exciting news from the set of “Mad Men.” After months of tenuous negotiation, the new season is now in production. And apparently, Jon Hamm—aka Don Draper—will be directing the season premiere. “The wheels have officially been set in motion to make that happen,” he said. “It’s a very exciting challenge that I’m looking forward to with a mixture of utter fear and excitement.” You can do it, Jon! How do we know? Because John Slattery—aka Roger Sterling—did it last season. [Huffington Post] Keep reading »
Starring Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Chris O’Dowd, Jon Hamm, Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Ellie Kempner
When Jon Hamm shirtless is not the best part of the movie, you know it’s a good one.
That’s my summary of “Bridesmaids” in one sentence.
But of course, there’s more to say… Keep reading »
- Star magazine apologized to Katie Holmes for saying she uses drugs in a January issue with the headline “Katie Drug Shocker!” (The drugs Katie supposedly “uses”? Endorphins she gets from a reading by a Scientology e-meter. Yeah, lame.) The mag will make “substantial donation” to a charity of Katie’s choice “for any harm we may have caused,” according to a statement in its latest issue. Next up, Star will apologize to every single female actress whose lunchtime burrito was proclaimed “a bun in the oven”! [TMZ, PopEater]
- Pink was snapped — literally — barefoot and pregnant at the grocery store. EW. [RadarOnline]
- Uh oh. Angelina from “Jersey Shore” is pregnant. Put down that Long Island iced tea immediately, young lady. [TMZ]
- Oh, hells yeah, there’s a royal title name generator! From henceforth I shall be known as Princess Jessica Musgrave Wakemanskitt of New York Cityport. [E! Online]
I can’t wait — like, cannot wait — for “Bridesmaids” to come out. Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Jon Hamm (!!!), and food poisoning jokes? Yes, please. Also, three golden retriever puppies appeal to my inner nine-year-old girl. This “dirty version” of the “Bridesmaids” trailer — NSFW on account of salty language and Jon Hamm getting some reverse cowgirl action — has me feeling excited in my panties, for real. [IndieWire] Keep reading »
- Happy 40th birthday, Jon Hamm! The Frisky staff can totally help with any birthday spankings or jump out of a cake, if you’d like. Anything you want, really. Just say the word! [Celebuzz]
- Justin Bieber was trapped in a Liverpool hotel today by a mob of screaming girls in a “possible riot situation.” Maybe they’re mad about the haircut? [TMZ]
- Porn purveyors Vivid Entertainment have offered Charlie Sheen the director’s chair for a porn based on “Two and a Half Men” called, duh, “Two and a Half Women.” Something tells me this fella has already “directed” enough of his own porn flicks at home. [Metro UK]
- Tina Fey’s five-year-old daughter thinks “daddy’s funnier” than mommy. Blasphemy. [PopEater]