- Daryl Hannah was arrested, along with 31 others, for protesting mountaintop removal mining in West Virginia. [PopEater] Finally, a celeb who was arrested for a good cause. Take a hint, Chris Brown.
- Known for taking things to the extreme, Courtney Love is now extremely skinny. Her backless dress flaunted—or revealed—her bony frame. [Daily Mail] – But Courtney isn’t worried–she says she’s excited that she can finally fit into designer sizes. Sad.
- Stop feeling bad for Leighton Meester—she most likely released her sex tape on purpose. Why on earth would she do that? Find out here. [Yahoo Shine]
Tag Archives: jon and kate plus 8
Hello, perhaps you’ve been in a coma and are finally waking up after five months of unconsciousness. Allow me to get you up to speed: we have a new president, gay people can get married in Iowa now, your mom probably started Twittering, the world went ape-s**t over a Scottish woman with a nice voice and overgrown eyebrows, and that reality show on TLC with all the kids? The one with the sextuplets? You know, the show where the wife’s a real bitch and the husband’s totally lazy and they fight all the time in front of the kids? You haven’t heard of it? Well, it’s all anybody talks about these days — even more than the recession (yeah, that’s still going on)! Anyway, last night Jon and Kate — that’s the husband and wife on the show — announced that they’re separating and today TLC announced that they halting production of the show until August. Production will resume with the kids living at the house full-time, and Jon and Kate alternating. All of this makes me wonder whether the show will be renamed when it returns. I mean, how can they still call it “Jon and Kate Plus 8″ when there’s not “Jon and Kate” anymore? After the jump, a few suggestions for a new title. Keep reading »
Sad, but anticlimactic. On last night’s episode of “Jon & Kate Plus 8,” after it was leaked online that divorce papers had been filed, Jon and Kate Gosselin confirmed their separation. As annoying as these two people are — seriously, we are sick of them being on the cover of our beloved Us Weekly — it’s sad to see the breakup of a family, especially one with so many young kids. We can’t help but wonder if Jon and Kate had never gotten a TV show and thus so much fame, would they be going through this right now? Guess we’ll never know. The future of the show is still up in the air, but I’m willing to bet it will be determined by the show’s rating this season — and whether the Gosselins are greedy as individuals, rather than a couple. Keep reading »
- Despite her life-threatening struggle with anal cancer, Farrah Fawcett has agreed to marry longtime love Ryan O’Neal. O’Neal says that during her brave battle with cancer, he has only fallen more deeply in love with Fawcett. [Pop Eater] – Aww.
- Kate and Jon Gosselin have filed divorce papers in a Bucks County Courthouse in Reading, PA. [People] — We guessed wrong!
- Chris Brown has plea bargained his way out of jail time. He entered a plea of guilty today and was given five years probation 180 days of community labor. [PopEater] — So was justice served?
- Matthew McConaughey’s girlfriend Camila Alves is pregnant with their second child. [PopEater] — My, they work fast. Little Levi is only 11 months old.
- Lawyers for Dennis Quaid’s twins have settled their lawsuit with Cedars-Sinai, the hospital that gave the twins the wrong dose of Heparin that almost killed them. [TMZ]
- Jon Gosselin was apartment hunting in NYC recently. [Dlisted] — He better not get a new reality show about starting over in the big city.
TLC’s promo for Monday’s “special episode” of “Jon & Kate Plus 8” seems to hint at what we’ve all been thinking—that Jon and Kate are headed to divorce court. Without being totally obvious, the ad features Kate saying, “Recently we’ve made some life-changing decisions” while shots of the kids and phrases like “A family in turmoil” and “Where do they go from here?” fade in and out. The spot ends with the words: “Jon and Kate have an announcement.” Tune in on Monday at 9pm to find out what it is. Wouldn’t it be hilarious if their announcement turns out to be that they’re moving from Wernersville, Pennyslvania, to Scranton? Or, even better, that Kate is pregant?! [Us Magazine] Keep reading »
Photos of Kate Gosselin spanking her daughter in public have sparked quite a bit of controversy. Some are calling it “normal,” while others are deeming it “abuse.” While Gosselin has used questionable scolding techniques in the past (she reportedly chased one of her kids with a wooden spoon), I don’t think she’s the only mother who spanks her kids. I, myself, am not a believer in booty-smacking, but if I had eight children, I might have to reevaluate my position…
- Usher proved the rumor mill right when he filed for divorce from Tameka Foster, his wife of nearly two years. [E! Online] — The only one who might be surprised about this is Tameka. Hey, I never stopped calling her by her maiden name, anyway.
- Karl Lagerfeld is swinging insults at Heidi Klum again, but this time he attacks her husband too, saying he wouldn’t want Seal’s skin, which was damaged from a form of lupus. [The Sun] — Sounds like Karl is jealous to me.
- For the second night in a row, Paris Hilton spent the night with some guy named Cristiano Ronaldo. [Dlisted]
- Kelly Bensimon of “The Real Housewives of New York City” has been ordered to perform two days of community service as a plea deal stemming from misdemeanor assault charges from an incident with her boyfriend. [PopEater] — Don’t expect her to put her name on any invitations.
- Ed Westwick and Jessica Szohr looked like they took a bath in some orange goop before attending Shane West’s birthday bash. [Perez Hilton] — Jessica’s orange skin isn’t the only tragedy. Homegirl shouldn’t go partying if she knows her roots will sweat out.
- Chris Brown’s ex-girlfriend says Rihanna bloodied his face the night of the altercation. [Media Takeout]