Her smile is fake, the divorce is real…and we hope so is the ring. But we’re more confused by Kate Gosselin wearing a hat than anything! How can she deny the world the beauty that is her hair? [Reading, PA, 6/23/09]
Tag Archives: jon gosselin
Hello, perhaps you’ve been in a coma and are finally waking up after five months of unconsciousness. Allow me to get you up to speed: we have a new president, gay people can get married in Iowa now, your mom probably started Twittering, the world went ape-s**t over a Scottish woman with a nice voice and overgrown eyebrows, and that reality show on TLC with all the kids? The one with the sextuplets? You know, the show where the wife’s a real bitch and the husband’s totally lazy and they fight all the time in front of the kids? You haven’t heard of it? Well, it’s all anybody talks about these days — even more than the recession (yeah, that’s still going on)! Anyway, last night Jon and Kate — that’s the husband and wife on the show — announced that they’re separating and today TLC announced that they halting production of the show until August. Production will resume with the kids living at the house full-time, and Jon and Kate alternating. All of this makes me wonder whether the show will be renamed when it returns. I mean, how can they still call it “Jon and Kate Plus 8″ when there’s not “Jon and Kate” anymore? After the jump, a few suggestions for a new title. Keep reading »
The divorce papers have been filed. The announcement has been made. After 10 years of marriage, eight kids, months of speculation, and an dizzying number of tabloid covers, Jon and Kate Gosselin of “Jon & Kate Plus 8″ are officially dunzo. No surprise there. But what is surprising is that, divorce aside, “Jon & Kate Plus 8″ will go on. On June 29th, there will be an ode to the couple’s marriage—in other words, a highlights episode. Then the show will go on a break until August 3rd to give the family “some time off to regroup,” as a TLC spokesperson put it. After that, the show will resume. The house will now be the constant—the kids will always live there, while Jon and Kate switch off time in the family home. [AP]
Keep reading »
Sad, but anticlimactic. On last night’s episode of “Jon & Kate Plus 8,” after it was leaked online that divorce papers had been filed, Jon and Kate Gosselin confirmed their separation. As annoying as these two people are — seriously, we are sick of them being on the cover of our beloved Us Weekly — it’s sad to see the breakup of a family, especially one with so many young kids. We can’t help but wonder if Jon and Kate had never gotten a TV show and thus so much fame, would they be going through this right now? Guess we’ll never know. The future of the show is still up in the air, but I’m willing to bet it will be determined by the show’s rating this season — and whether the Gosselins are greedy as individuals, rather than a couple. Keep reading »
By now, you’ve probably seen the promo for tonight’s “special episode” of “Jon & Kate Plus 8″ approximately 98 times. If you’re one who likes to jump to conclusions, you’re probably assuming that the big announcement the commercial teases is that Jon and Kate are getting divorced. But I’m not so convinced—they’ll probably drag out that drama for another eon or so. After the jump, my best guesses at what this big announcement could be: Keep reading »
- Matthew McConaughey’s girlfriend Camila Alves is pregnant with their second child. [PopEater] — My, they work fast. Little Levi is only 11 months old.
- Lawyers for Dennis Quaid’s twins have settled their lawsuit with Cedars-Sinai, the hospital that gave the twins the wrong dose of Heparin that almost killed them. [TMZ]
- Jon Gosselin was apartment hunting in NYC recently. [Dlisted] — He better not get a new reality show about starting over in the big city.
TLC’s promo for Monday’s “special episode” of “Jon & Kate Plus 8” seems to hint at what we’ve all been thinking—that Jon and Kate are headed to divorce court. Without being totally obvious, the ad features Kate saying, “Recently we’ve made some life-changing decisions” while shots of the kids and phrases like “A family in turmoil” and “Where do they go from here?” fade in and out. The spot ends with the words: “Jon and Kate have an announcement.” Tune in on Monday at 9pm to find out what it is. Wouldn’t it be hilarious if their announcement turns out to be that they’re moving from Wernersville, Pennyslvania, to Scranton? Or, even better, that Kate is pregant?! [Us Magazine] Keep reading »
Jon’s got the blues, whether or not the kind that comes with rhythm. While visiting with his accountants, he looked so lonely, baby, he could die, or afford to check into the Heartbreak Hotel. But with those sideburns, a pompadour, and that snarl, he’s definitely trying to rock the rockabilly style of The King. [Reading, PA, 6/16/09]
- Usher proved the rumor mill right when he filed for divorce from Tameka Foster, his wife of nearly two years. [E! Online] — The only one who might be surprised about this is Tameka. Hey, I never stopped calling her by her maiden name, anyway.
- Karl Lagerfeld is swinging insults at Heidi Klum again, but this time he attacks her husband too, saying he wouldn’t want Seal’s skin, which was damaged from a form of lupus. [The Sun] — Sounds like Karl is jealous to me.
- For the second night in a row, Paris Hilton spent the night with some guy named Cristiano Ronaldo. [Dlisted]
- Did the producers of “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here” torture Heidi Pratt to the point that she developed a gastric ulcer? Or are the producers in on the latest Speidi plot for attention? [Perez Hilton] — I’m inclined to go with the latter because ratings are most important and this show would tank without Heidi and her handler.
- George Clooney has reportedly asked waitress girlfriend Lucy Wolvert to move in with him. [Dlisted]
- All of the Gosselin kids have returned home to be with their father after vacationing. Kate Gosselin was nowhere to be seen. [Us Magazine]