- Jon Stewart is temporarily leaving “The Daily Show”! Gasp! Whatever could be going on? Well, fret not, my friends. Stewart is simply taking eight weeks off this June to produce his first feature film and leaving the show in John Olivier’s capable British hands. [Comedy Central]
- Carly Rae Jepsen canceled a concert for the Boy Scouts of America over their bigotry against gays. Good for her! [People]
- Chloe Sevigny will play Danny’s ex-wife on “The Mindy Project.” I officially approve of this casting. [Entertainment Weekly]
- Terrance Howard has a sex scene with Oprah Winfrey in “The Butler”? Mind. Blown. [TMZ]
- Maymo the beagle loves dryer sheets so much she belongs on the doggie version of “My Strange Addiction.” [Laughing Squid] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: john stewart
On last night’s “The Daily Show,” Jon Stewart unveiled his new beard-free face. He said that he decided to shave the scruff after he and his family had a heart-to-heart about it and his kids told them they hated it. Now Jon has 30 percent more face and looks 100 percent less like a grizzled homeless man.
As you can probably tell, I’m not a fan of beards — or mustaches (unless they’re on Magnum P.I. and sitting squarely above a half-unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt). I may have even one time traded sex for the promise of a clean-shaven upper lip. And I know I’m not alone. Have you ever come face-to-face with unwanted scruff on your significant other’s face? Did you put up and shut up, or convince him to get rid of the offending facial hair? Keep reading »