As June Carter Cash, country star and wife of Johnny Cash, Jewel can show off both her singing talent and her acting skills. In the clip from “Ring of Fire” after the jump, you can see that Jewel isn’t half bad! Unlike Lindsay Lohan, the singer can actually, you know, carry her role. “Ring Of Fire” premieres Monday, May 27th at 8p.m. Not even Jewel can resist the siren song of a Lifetime biopic! [Rolling Stone] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: jewel
Breaking news! Notoriously snaggletoothed singer Jewel is sporting a decidedly straighter smile. She tweeted a photo of herself on the set of the upcoming June Carter Cash biopic she’s filming for Lifetime, writing that she now has “perfect teeth.” Given that she never “fixed” her teeth in the years she’s been rich and famous, I’m gonna guess that she’s wearing a mouthpiece and that her snaggle remains unharmed. I’m glad! Jewel is beautiful — and she looks lovely as June — but her crooked smile has always made her unique. Honestly, she almost looks unrecognizable — who knew teeth made such a difference? [Huffington Post]
- Kelly Clarkson, Miranda Lambert, Jewel, Alanis Morisette nd others are joining “The Voice” as team coaches. If Jewel can get one of those contestants to yodel, they should automatically win. [NBC]
- Chaz Bono is saving up to buy a penis. Can’t Cher just buy him one? [Reuters]
- New couple alert: Kat Dennings is dating her “2 Broke Girls” co-star, Nick Zano. [Celebuzz]
- Alec Baldwin will return to “30 Rock” if the show is renewed for season seven. Prety please, NBC? [Deadline Hollywood]
- The anonymous actress suing IMDB.com for revealing her real age? “Jane Doe”‘s real name is Junie Hoang and she is suing for $1 million smackeroos because she says her work prospects have been damaged by her real age being listed on IMDB Pro, the site’s for-pay service.
- Demi Lovato gets deep, tweets about God. [PopDust] Keep reading »
- The folksinger Jewel gave birth to her and Ty Murray’s first child, a son named Kase, last night in Texas. Congratulations, Jewel! Don’t yodel while singing lullabyes! [People]
- The actress Bai Ling revealed she’s a sexual abuse survivor on “Celebrity Rehab.” Ling served in the Chinese army as a 14-year-old and said she was abused by her superiors. She said she hoped that opening up about her trauma will inspire other Chinese women who were abused to come forward. [ONTD]
- Justin Bieber urged fans not to text and drive in a new PSA. Wait, Beliebers are old enough to drive? [ONTD]
A volunteer fire truck slammed into singer Jewel’s car in Stephenville, Texas, on Friday, sending the folk-turned-country star, who is pregnant, to the hospital for tests.
“Jewel was hit by a fire truck this morning in Texas,” her rep said in a statement. “The singer was taken to the hospital and current medical tests conducted indicate that she and the baby are doing fine.”
A local newspaper, The Stephenville Empire-Tribune, ran photos showing Jewel’s completely totaled car, with the bulk of the damage appearing to be in the front and passengers’ side. It’s not clear whether she was driving or in the passenger seat. Read more… Keep reading »
So apparently, back in the late ’90s when ladyfolk were buying up Pieces of You and you couldn’t escape the song “You Were Meant For Me,” people started referring to Jewel as the “chubby Renee Zellweger.” Now, I never heard anyone say this—but Jewel claims it was widespread and that this did serious damage to her self-esteem. “My feelings were so hurt by that, I ended up binging on an entire cake. Afterward, I actually tried to throw it all up, but thankfully I couldn’t do it,” she said. “I had seen so many performers develop eating disorders or try to control their weight with drugs, and I decided I would do no harm to my body.” Eek! Keep reading »
There are a zillion mega-reality shows out there, but “Dancing with the Stars” has long been my favorite. Why? Because it’s part “Strictly Ballroom,” part the “Surreal Life.” I mean, where else can you see Joey Lawrence out fox trot Cloris Leachman?
During the Grammys, ABC announced the new lineup of celebrities competing in “DwtS”‘ eighth season, which kicks off March 9th. The bizarro assemblage of “stars” (and let’s face it, the word should be in quotes) has us even more ridiculously excited about the show than normal. After the jump, the contestants we just can’t wait to see rumba…
Keep reading »