- Jenny Lewis from Rilo Kiley is working on a film score for “Very Good Girls,” starring Elizabeth Olsen and Dakota Fanning, and a new solo album, too. [AV Club]
- Former Inauguration songstress and silly hat aficionado Aretha Franklin has weighed in on Beyoncé’s Lip Synch-gate. [PopBytes]
- True tales of a peep show girl. [Nerve]
- The new Tegan & Sara album is streaming on Rolling Stone‘s website, y’all. [Rolling Stone]
- A first pic of Benedict Cumberbatch — as a blonde! — playing Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has emerged and it ain’t pretty. [Socialite Life]
Tag Archives: jenny lewis
Just a few weeks after breaking up with Taylor Swift over the phone, Jake Gyllenhaal had to make a quick decision on who to bring as his date to the Golden Globes. In the end, he decided that Jenny Lewis, the frontwoman of the band Rilo Kiley—who he dated back in 2001—would be the appropriate arm candy. It’s unlikely that the two are actually hooking up now—Jake’s camp assures that they “went as friends,” which makes sense since Jenny is currently dating Johnathan Rice. The two even play together in a band called Jenny and Johnny, but maybe at some point it could become Jenny and Jakey?
After the jump, how Taylor and Jenny stack up. Not that it’s a competition or anything. Keep reading »
- Nicole Kidman and
Toby KeithKeith Urban [Heh, I'm tired. -- Editor] have announced that they’ve welcomed a new baby named Faith Margaret to their family. Their biological daughter was carried by a surrogate. [TMZ]
- Just a few days after announcing he was engaged and expecting a baby, Owen Wilson and his fiancee actually welcomed a baby boy this weekend. [Us Weekly]
- What a difference a year makes. Jesse James — ex-husband of Sandra Bullock — rejoined Twitter so he could tell the world that Kat Von D is “my other half.” [Us Weekly]
- Kings of Leon Only By Night
The Southern boys head south, if you know what we mean, for their fourth record. Tracks like “Sex on Fire” and “Crawl” have the band of brothers that made it big as teens talking dirty. Seems like since their “California Waiting” days, their addictions have moved from booze and drugs to women. With the seductively slick guitar work and a beat that feels like heavy breathing, the Kings of Leon have given us another record to scream about.
This week, I saw Rilo Kiley play — Jenny Lewis is the cutest. This girl’s hair reminds me of Jenny’s hair, though I hear reddish hair is hard to manage in the summer (if it’s not natural, it might get brassy). Oh well, at least you can wear some simple sneakers like hers — they remind me of Now and Then. [Trender Bender] Keep reading »