Lots of celebs lately have gone the pixie cut route — both Pamela Anderson and Kristen Chenoweth have chopped their hair in the last few weeks. The latest to (maybe) join them? “Hunger Games” star Jennifer Lawrence, who posted the above photo to her Facebook page. My gut said she was just wearing a wig, because this cut is so Kate Gosselin-esque that I can’t imagine a stylist seriously giving it to her. Unless she went to Supercuts. But then E! has a source telling them that Jennifer “loves” her new look, which makes me think she actually did cut her hair. Which, fine, it’s her hair, just a bunch of dead skin cells, blah blah, but good god, someone trim back that big front bang piece please. [E! Online]
Tag Archives: jennifer lawrence
Despite successfully killing all their fellow tributes in “The Hunger Games,” Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark are not done kicking ass and taking names. In “Catching Fire,” Katniss and Peeta are back in the arena for the Quarter Quell, when past winners of the Hunger Games compete against each other. In this final trailer for the film, which opens November 22, we finally get a glimpse at the arena, some of the amazing costumes, and those freaky Jabberjays. But why, why, why is there no Finnick?!
Behold, the second trailer for “American Hustle,” featuring Jennifer Lawrence‘s boobs!!! Boobs — Jennifer Lawrence has ‘em, and they have a starring role in this movie, or so it would seem. Also: the 70′s, Christian Bale‘s hairy potbelly, Bradley Cooper wearing pink curlers, a goateed Louis C.K. at 1:58. WATCH. [Just Jared]
Our best friend Jennifer Lawrence can really act, huh? Here she is looking devastatingly beautiful alongside Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, and Bradley Cooper’s perm (I’m sorry but it’s so distracting) in the trailer for “American Hustle” by David O. Russell, who also directed Jennifer in “Silver Linings Playbook.” The movie, which hits theaters on Christmas (the perfect flick for Jews to catch on opening day!), is based on the FBI’s Abscam operation, which means Jennifer and Amy are both working some serious ’70s steaze, decked out in fur coats, bouffants, and diamonds all over the place. HOT.
“I was young. It was just the kind of shit that actresses have to go through. Somebody told me I was fat, that I was going to get fired if I didn’t lose a certain amount of weight. They brought in pictures of me where I was basically naked, and told me to use them as motivation for my diet.
[Someone brought it up recently.] They thought that because of the way my career had gone, it wouldn’t still hurt me. That somehow, after I won an Oscar, I’m above it all. ‘You really still care about that?’ Yeah. I was a little girl. I was hurt. It doesn’t matter what accolades you get. I know it’ll never happen to me again. If anybody even tries to whisper the word ‘diet’, I’m like, ‘You can go fuck yourself.’”
Jennifer Lawrence may be an Oscar-winning actress (for 2012′s “Silver Linings Playbook”), but she’s not immune to the pressures placed on actresses of all ages to conform to narrow body and beauty standards. I love how upfront she is (in an interview for the November issue of Harper’s Bazaar UK) about how much the comments about her weight as a child hurt and stayed with her, and I admire her for refusing to allow that kind of talk in her life again. [Us Weekly]
“I wake up earlier in the morning when I have new sponges. That counter doesn’t even see it coming … [Nicholas] would never wring them out. We were in the kitchen once, and I picked up the sponge, and it was soapy and wet, and I was like, ‘See?’ These are the kinds of things that make me think we are never going to work.”
– Jennifer Lawrence goes off on her sponge obsession in Vogue and inadvertently gives clues about the (brief?) demise of her relationship with Nicholas Hoult. (They’re maybe back together.) Well, kind of. God, she’s quirky, but I love it. In addition to her “faith in sponges” she revealed that she has “nightmares about 13-year-olds” because they terrify her and that she was a big, anxious “weirdo” with a fear of field trips and recess when she was a kid. She admits to announcing to her entire class that she wet the bed or gotten a bad haircut while on a cruise, just to see how they’d react. Weird anxieties aside, she has a point though. It’s rough when you and your partner have different ideas about how to use a sponge. [Vogue]
- Jennifer Lawrence is the loveliest on the cover of Vogue, for which she went on a “seven-hour bender” with the reporter. Among the many, many perfect anecdotes is a story about how she once tried to dance with Jennifer Lopez at a party and J.Lo shot J.Law down, saying, “Thanks, I’m just gonna watch.” [Fashionista]
- Last night, Harry Styles twerked at the Teen Choice Awards … [Crushable]
- … and Rebel Wilson got bleeped while making a joke about One Direction. [Crushable]
- Johnny Weir, the gayest figure skater in the history of gay figure skaters, said he’s prepared to get arrested at the Winter Olympics in Russia, where homosexuality is illegal. [Raw Story] Keep reading »
But where is the real Michael Fassbender? Walking around San Diego Comic-Con with a Jennifer Lawrence name tag on, I assume. [Photo: Getty Images]
Jennifer Lawrence, the face of Dior, is currently sitting front row at the designer’s Paris couture show, and these are the pants she is wearing. Palazzo on the right! Tapered and printed on the left! I don’t get them. These pants think they’re smarter than me and I don’t like it. [Photos: Bauer-Griffin]