- Beyoncé and Jay-Z have released a statement confirming baby Blue Ivy Carter was born this weekend “naturally” and weighing in at 7 lbs. “It was the best experience of both of our lives,” the statement reads. ”Her birth was emotional and extremely peaceful, we are in heaven. We are thankful to everyone for all your prayers, well wishes, love and support.” Why it’s anyone’s business whether Blue was born via C-section or “naturally” is unclear. But now you know. [TMZ]
- Melissa McCarthy says hell, no, she won’t be doing a “Bridesmaids” sequel without Kristen Wiig. [NYMag.com]
- Evan Rachel Wood might be engaged to boyfriend and cunnilingus-master Jamie Bell, although reps have not confirmed. [Celebuzz, People, US Weekly]
- Katharine Heigl has joined iVillage as a blogger and posted her first piece about how hard it is to be a working mom. [iVillage]
- Paul Rudd will guest star on “Parks & Recreation” as Leslie Knope’s opponent. Swoon. [NYmag.com]
Keep reading »
Tag Archives: jay-z
The most amazing feeling I feel, words can’t describe what I’m feeling for real / Baby, I paint the sky blue, my greatest creation was you / The most beautiful-est thing in this world / is daddy’s little girl
New papa Jay-Z has released a track called “Glory (Featuring B.I.C.)” with two-day-old baby Blue Ivy Carter cooing and crying in the background. (Listen to the full song after the jump!) And if that’s not enough to make you cry, then listen to him sing about the couple’s miscarriage and how scared they were this time around: “We were afraid you’d disappear, but no, baby, you’re magic.” My eyes are wet with tears and dammit, it’s not even my kid. What an amazing baby gift for Jay-Z’s new little girl. Listen to the full song, after the jump! [Styleite] Keep reading »
- Increased security at the New York City hospital where Beyoncé delivered baby Blue Ivy Carter this weekend kept one new daddy from seeing his newborn twins. Neil Coulon of Brooklyn said bodyguards kept him from seeing his prematurely born babies in the neonatal unit and kicked his relatives out of the waiting room. [TMZ]
- A spoof video from “The Bachelor”‘s Ben Flajnik’s past has appeared on the internet. Called “Cream Dreams,” Ben sings about nocturnal emissions with lyrics like: ”Had to go to the doctor for having too many cream dreams. I said, ‘Doc, what’s the matter with me?’ He said, ‘I don’t know, but I’m going to write you a prescription for something.’ I looked at the note, and it said, ‘More females, baby!’ I’m having dreams of fine, fresh babies, coeds and teens, asleep in my bed, alone at night when I pull the covers up, and I hit the lights.” Um, ew. [Life & Style]
- Snooki tweeted this weekend that she wants to “rape” Lady Gaga. Keeping it classy as always. [Twitter.com/Snooki]
- Lady Antebellum’s Hillary Scott married Chris Tyrell of the band Love and Theft this weekend in upstate New York. The couple met as opening acts on Tim McGraw’s tour. [US Weekly] Keep reading »
It’s a girl! After weeks of speculation, Beyoncé gave birth last night, January 7th, at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City via C-section. Some media outlets have reported that the baby’s name is Ivy Blue Carter, but other sources — including the couple’s best friend forever, Gwyneth Paltrow — have confirmed that her name is actually Blue Ivy. So, what’s the deal with that name? Naturally, there is a significance! The Blueprint is, of course, Jay-Z’s classic album, while Ivy is believed to be a reference to the Roman numeral IV. 4 is the name of Beyonce’s most recent, and hugely popular, album, both Jay and Bey were born on the 4th, and the couple was married on the 4th. So there ya go. Blue Ivy, a girl that will no doubt run the world.
Hey, you don’t know who Beyonce’s married to? Maybe you don’t deserve to live. That’s what 31-year-old Ronald Deaver of Parma, Ohio, thought when he stabbed an unnamed 48-year-old on New Year’s Eve. He and the man — supposedly a friend — allegedly got into an argument while watching a video by the singer because the older man didn’t believe that Beyonce is wed to rapper Jay-Z. Yes, apparently in Ohio, your ability to live or die is closely tied to how much celeb gossip you know. So before you cross state lines, make sure you know the latest on Zooey Deschanel’s divorce, okay? [Popdust]
Do you have — or are you yourself — a spoiled teen? Are you interested in completely blowing the minds of your friends and family with some insane, off-the-hook musical entertainment at your next birthday party/coming out fiesta/backyard Koi pond re-dedication ceremony? Well then, hire Jay-Z and Kanye West! They’re available to perform — if you’re really, really ridiculously rich. For the exorbitant price of $6 million, the pair performed at a very wealthy teenager’s Sweet 16 party in Dubai a couple of weeks before Christmas. Start saving your pennies now… [HipHopWired]
Back when Beyonce announced her pregnancy at the MTV VMAs at the end of August, the singer was said to be three months along, putting her due date towards the end of February. In the video I posted on Monday, Beyonce holds up that day’s newspaper dated for September 23 and says that she’s six months pregnant, making her further along in her pregnancy than initially suspected. Now the tabloids are crowing that Bey is due at Christmastime. Except that’s wrong too, because it’s based on the common misestimation (I’m guilty of this myself) that a pregnancy is nine months long, when it’s actually 10. If Beyonce was six months pregnant at the end of September, that means she was 24 weeks along, with another 16 weeks to go; that means Babyonce is due at the end of January. Then again, I’m pretty sure Beyonce and husband Jay-Z don’t really want any of us to know when she’s due and could be leaking the conflicting information themselves to throw us off the trail. Who knows? Maybe Babyonce won’t be chillin’ in her Swarovski crystal-encrusted basinet until April. Or maybe she popped out a month ago and is napping as we speak. Or maybe we should all stop playing armchair gynecologist and just wait and see. But send your gift soon, just incase. [WWTDD]
Why shouldn’t Jay-Z — a man firmly entrenched in the 1 percent as any — be able to profit off of the Occupy Wall Street foment that’s taken over the country? That, I suppose, was the thinking behind his Rocawear label’s “Occupy All Streets” T-shirt, which was, said a statement from the company, “a way of reminding people that there is change to be made everywhere, not just on Wall Street.” I mean, ”What better way to show your support for the Occupy Wall Street Movement than with a dope tee?” read a post from the Rocawear blog. And it’s only $22 a pop! (None of which goes to the Occupy movement.) It seems someone over at ye olde Rocawear finally smartened up and realized that perhaps it was in poor taste to capitalize off a movement that — at its very core — aims to upend the capitalist system. This past weekend, any mention of the shirts was removed from the Rocawear site (which means they’ll probably go for hundreds of dollars on eBay now). [NYMag.com]
It’s a given that Beyonce and Jay-Z’s baby is going to be one of the most spoiled children ever to crawl the Earth. Not because his or her parents are out of touch with reality, because they’re stupid rich dagnabbit and so are their friends — why shouldn’t that tyke be spoilt to the core? The latest gift bestowed upon Baby Z? Oh, it was just a $5,200 pink Swarovski crystal bathtub from pal Kelly Rowland, because, oops, she accidentally revealed the sex of the couple’s baby. Read more…
Beyonce and Jay-Z are keeping pretty quiet about the gender of their baby — but Kelly Rowland isn’t!
She says the power couple is having a … girl!
Kelly accidentally let the news slip while dishing to Us Weekly about the difficulty of picking out the perfect present for the baby shower. Read more…