How ridiculously cute is January Jones’ little nugget Xander? I hope my future babies are as agreeable about spending the afternoon shopping. Also, is it wrong that every time I see a picture of Xander I can’t help but study his face for signs of who his mysterious father might be? Right now I’m getting a very Alfred Hitchcock vibe. Must be the bald-ish head and chubby cheeks. [Photos: WENN]
Tag Archives: january jones
January Jones is well known for her icy blonde locks — they’re the calling card of her “Mad Men” character Betty Draper. But just today, January was spotted sporting a head full of red hair — with long red extensions, even. Is she trying to cut in on Christina Hendricks’ trademark look? What do you think of her new red look?
And while we’re here, let’s play a little game. With red hair all the rage in Hollywood — from Christina Hendricks to Julianne Moore to Lindsay Lohan — would you be surprised to learn that many of these famous manes came from a bottle? Keep clicking through this slideshow and see if you can guess whether each star’s carrot top is for real — or totally fake.
Art may be imitating life on the set of “Mad Men.” According to Star magazine, January Jones has an issue with Jessica Pare. “January is furious because she pretty much had no story line this season, not to mention that she had to wear a fat suit!” a source told Star. “Meanwhile, Jessica is an overnight sensation. … January is so completely jealous that she has been treating Jessica like complete crap.” If this is indeed true (and I have no trouble imagining it could be), it explains why they only had one scene together this season. No wonder it was so uncomfortable to watch — it was real. Well … maybe. [Celebitchy]
These two are hardly the first co-stars in history who couldn’t stand working together. Egos have been around forever. Click on to see more celebs who (allegedly) had major beef on set.
Mary Katrantzou is a designer who takes a lot of risks, and they often pay off. But in the case of this bizarre printed frock-cum-apron worn by January Jones at a screening of “La Revolucion Bleue,” well, the risks certainly didn’t pay off. As Coco Chanel once famously pointed out, before you leave the house, it’s always good to remove at least one accessory. This dress is like 47 accessories too many. Next time, January.
- Why do people care so much about that Betty Draper Francis has gotten fat in order to conceal actress January Jones’ pregnancy on “Mad Men”? I know it’s a shocking look for Betty, but people on the interwebs are really freaking out about it. [Personally, I just enjoy a fat suit. -- Editor] [Huffington Post]
- Darren Criss and Matt Bomer singing Goyte’s “Somebody That I Used To Know” on “Glee” has me crying at my desk. [Nerve]
- “30 Rock”‘s Alec Baldwin pitched a fit on Twitter after a newspaper reporter showed up at his new fianceé’s yoga class, presumably to get a peek at the ring. [Gothamist]
- Frisky pal Julianne Smolinski presents the thinking woman’s guide to the bestselling e-book, Fifty Shades Of Grey. [NYMag.com]
- Dancing made this chick finally love and appreciate her belly. [Gurl.com]
Keep reading »
Well, for those of us wondering how Matthew Weiner would work in and/or conceal January Jones’ pregnancy on the new season of “Mad Men,” last night we got our answer. Betty is fat now! I won’t reveal anything else about last night’s episode, but I will show you some photos. I am glad to see the makeup team from “Shallow Hal” has a new gig. One more, after the jump! Keep reading »
Let’s face it: January Jones probably looks just as good in fleece sweatpants as she does decked out in a ball gown. Her enviable facial features — those eyes! Those cheekbones! — also happen to make the perfect showcase for just about any makeup look, so when I say I don’t know if this one quite works, I don’t mean it doesn’t look good. I love a hit of lavender on the lids or in the crease of the eye, but does it really make a statement when it’s smoked out into a subtle wing? With no liner, the look lacks punch, and combined with the sweet pink lipstick, this face has little impact for me. To make it more striking, I would have added black liquid liner and gone nude on the lips. What do you think? Would you wear January’s soft, sweeping lavender shadow, or do you prefer a more defined look? [via BellaSugar]
January Jones has a tip for staving off exhaustion as new “mum” — placenta pills. The “Mad Men” star told People about her slightly unorthodox health regimen:
“I have a great doula who makes sure I’m eating well, with vitamins and teas and with placenta capsulation … Your placenta gets dehydrated and made into vitamins. It’s something I was very hesitant about, but we’re only the only mammals who don’t ingest out own placentas … It’s not witch-crafty or anything! I suggest it to all mums!”
Hey, if it works, why not? I guess it would swallow some placenta if it gave me the energy I needed to exist on very little sleep. The only thing I’m bothered by is January’s use of the word “mum.” Have her placenta pills made her British? Also, can she please tell us who Xander’s daddy is already? Click through for some more interesting beauty and hygiene tips from celebrities. [ONTD]
“You know, Sally shouldn’t be masturbating at other people’s houses or she’s going to get slapped.”
– January Jones defends Betty Draper — specifically her decision to smack tween daughter Sally after she was busted diddling herself at a neighbor’s house — in an interview with The Daily. You know, I could easily write, like, 1000 words on why this quote annoys me, especially because it pretty clearly reads like January is also speaking for herself and not just her ’60s-era housewife character, but I’ll keep it brief… Keep reading »