Lazy Halloween costume idea for people with big mouths: Xander Jones. I’ve already mastered it. (Photo after the jump.) Anyway, I guess if January Jones isn’t going to tell the world who his dad is, Xander will make sure he stays quiet about it too. [Photo: Fame/Flynet] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: january jones
“That’s my son’s business … It’s not the public’s business. Jack Nicholson once told me: ‘You should never give your personal life away, otherwise people will pick you apart. They’ll never believe in your character.’ Women should have lots of secrets. It’s our right to have secrets. Otherwise, what would we write in our memoirs?”
– January Jones responds to being asked who the father of 20-month-old Xander is in her New York Times profile. Now I’m thinking is Jack Nicholson is the father, which would make for a great memoir. [NYTimes]
Hey, where did January Jones get my favorite denim jacket and weird sheer white blouse combo from 2005?
NYC has been having some pretty lovely spring temperatures for a few days, but it suddenly got brisk again over the weekend. That didn’t stop January Jones from going barelegged though — and I’m especially impressed considering she’s used to those balmy Southern California days. What we ladies do for the right outfit, amiright? I will save my own barelegged attempt at this chic outfit for a warmer day — I’m not as burly as January is. Get the deets after the jump! Keep reading »
- A guest at a private Oscars party says a “wasted” January Jones was pawing at Liam Hemsworth in front of other guests and he told her, “We can’t do this here.” Then they went out in a hallway and were “making out.” Yikes. Earlier this week, his fiancée Cyrus tweeted about “lies,” said that she had not called the wedding off and she was leaving social media for awhile. It’s not looking good. [Perez Hilton]
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck and her kooky extreme views aren’t getting renewed at “The View,” US Weekly is reporting. [Mediaite]
- Christina Hendricks is set to star in an adaption of Joan Didion’s novel A Book Of Common Prayer, about American women living in Latin America based on Didion’s own experiences as a reporter. [Jezebel]
- Last week my sister went to something called a “cougar party.” Naturally, being a gossip, I told our mom. It ended up not being funny because she didn’t know what a “cougar” is. I should have just shown her this chart. [World Of Wonder] Keep reading »
January Jones’ Paris airport look is almost the punchline to a stupid old joke my dad used to tell me: What’s black, white and red all over? A NEWSPAPER! In any case, I guess this isn’t my favorite color combo ever, but it is a rather safe bet. And plus, I feel like a red leather jacket is actually a little daring for January, no? In any case, we can’t wait to see her back on “Mad Men” when it returns April 7.
Steal her style after the jump! Keep reading »
I have all sorts of questions about January Jones. Who in the world is her baby daddy? Is she ever going to tell? Is she as bitchy in real life as she is on TV? Is Betty Draper the only character she does well despite her otherwise subpar acting abilities because she’s essentially just playing herself? (All signs point to yes.) And most importantly, above all, is she stylish? I’m ambivalent, because while I generally like her off-duty ensembles, when it comes to the red carpet I find that January shoots for ambitious looks that she can’t quite pull off.
Don’t get me wrong, I love me a fashion risk-taker, but the risks are never quite as impressive when they somehow fall flat. Against my better judgement I’m pretty sure I like what she’s wearing, but with the flipped-out bob, matching pink lipstick, and white eyeliner in the equation, it’s all very retro, and not in a particularly good way. Needless to say, the impeccable Betty Draper would not approve, but what say you?
January Jones, man. She’s so pretty, and so mysterious — with her son Xander, the father of whom is anyone’s guess (looking at you, Jason Sudeikis). [I still think it's Michael Fassbender. -- Editor] And okay, so she’s not the best actress in the world, but we could look at her for days. Here she is, early Monday in Malibu, out with her kid just going for a lil’ meeting or something, and doesn’t she look fab? We’d never normally recommend gray striped sweatpants, but somehow January can pull them off. Which is why we’ve decided to offer you a (slightly modified) version of her casual Monday look.
Keep reading »
I hate short hair on myself, and out of my own bob-induced fear I usually feel pretty meh about it on others, but there are definitely some ladies who can wear the hell out of the big chop. Take Michelle Williams, for instance — her pixie cut not only channels the influential Vidal Sassoon style worn by Mia Farrow in “Rosemary’s Baby,” but it also perfectly offsets Michelle’s girlish features to lend her a more mature vibe. It’s a big deal when a long-locked starlet goes short, so it’s only natural that Jessica Chastain made gossip-world waves this week when she debuted her fresh asymmetrical cut in New York City.
For my part, I think she’s absolutely killing this look. It’s infinitely more adventurous than the “Tree of Life” star’s standard pretty-but-conventional mermaid waves, and it frames her face beautifully while still giving her the touch of edge she was overdue for. The blunt style actually reminds me of another actress’s haircut — January Jones (who has since gone back the way of extensions) rocked a similar severe side-part earlier this summer, and while hers was choppier and closer to the shoulders, it’s bound to draw comparisons nonetheless. Who do you think wears the look better? (And more importantly, in light of Jessica’s major cut and January’s long red extensions, do you think there could be a case of identity thievery at hand?)