- James McAvoy has been tapped to play a young Prof. Xavier in “X-Men: First Class,” which will be released June 3, 2011. [Just Jared]
- Jennifer Lopez‘s diva demands for performing at the World Music Awards included a pair of diamond-encrusted headphones. [Mirror]
- Check out M.I.A. flying high above NYC in these New York Times pics. [Refinery 29]
- Here’s where you can find the “Lost” stars next. [BuzzSugar]
Tag Archives: james mcavoy
Born: April 21, 1979 in Port Glasgow, Scotland
Sun Sign: Taurus
Yes, that is James McAvoy — the hot Scotsman from “Atonement” and “Wanted” — not some random homeless hipster on the cover of Nylon Guys. Do we approve of this beard? Keep reading »
1. Christian Bale Why He Made The List: Yeah, so there’s that pesky assault charge that’s turning out to be a little overblown. The Dark Knight star is having a bit of a bad week — until now. In our opinion (okay, mine — Catherine still prefers Val Kilmer), Bale is the best Batman, but let’s face it, aren’t you all just still crushing on him from his appearances in Empire of the Sun, Newsies, and American Psycho?
2. Ryan Gosling Why He Made The List: He can do a mean Southern accent (Fracture), play a drug addict with the best of them (Half Nelson), and — oh, &*%$ it. The Notebook, okay? The Notebook.
3. James McAvoy Why He Made The List: Um, that Scottish accent? Which he has the ability to hide flawlessly at the drop of a hat? Those boyish good looks? A little movie called Atonement. Yeah.
4. Josh Peck Why He Made The List: Like his Wackness costar Olivia Thirlby, this may just be the former teen star’s breakout year. He was the chubby kid on some kids show we of course never watched — now he’s all grown up and doing sexy shower scenes. Sweet! Keep reading »
- Life With My Sister Madonna by Christopher Ciccone
Surprisingly enough, the thing we’re excited the most about this week is a book…okay, so it’s not War and Peace obvi, but it is about Madonna! Written by her brother, (who is gay of course), it’s supposed to be a tell-all that shows the real way to Madonna’s heart isn’t through blood relation, but through her crotch. Duh! Still we can’t wait to read it!
Starring Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Common
I was very excited to see Wanted because it stars two of my most favorite sexual beings ever: James McAvoy and Angelina Jolie. I dragged our usual “We See Chick Flicks” scribe, Lesley, out to see the movie on Friday night and needless to say, I was a bit worried at first that she would never speak to me again. The first 10 minutes are intensely violent and bloody, but after that, the part of your brain that makes you gag when you see a bullet enter a skull in slow motion starts to deaden a little, and the rest of the movie is pretty easy to watch. Unless of course you don’t like knives… Keep reading »
“I saw a clip of something – this girl has on a humongous fat suit and she’s singing that ‘my milk shake brings all the boys to the yard’ song, and I just felt like, ‘That’s so disrespectful.’ I would not want to be a woman in this industry. Horrible.” — James McAvoy Keep reading »
Post Today Show interview, in which Ann Curry shamelessly threw herself at the star. Not that we’re judging, because we would too. [New York City, 6/23/08] Keep reading »