- Ivanka Trump is reportedly pregnant with baby #2. Tump and her husband, newspaper owner Jared Kushner, have a two-year-old daughter named Arabella. [The Stir]
- The White House wants to clarify that President Obama did not tell Jay-Z “chill, you gonna get me impeached” over his recent trip to Cuba, as per his new rap “Open Letter.” Or as the press secretary huffed to a Politico journalist, “It’s a song, Donovan.” [Vanity Fair]
- Which Facebook emoticon accurately expresses how we feel about Facebook emoticons? [Cheezburger]
- Grizzly cub Willow Palin is a hairdresser now. (In case you’re wondering who Willow is, she’s not the little one, the pregnant one, or one of the boys.) [NYmag.com The Cut]
- Patricia Arquette is headed to the “Boardwalk Empire” cast. [TVline] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: ivanka trump
Famous people: occasionally they rip each other off. That seems to be the case with Ivanka Trump’s shoe line, which looks to have directly copied a Derek Lam design. Trump’s Cadie wedge retails for around $150 while Lam’s Ayami sandal is a cool $780, but the physical similarities are rather striking; Lam sent Ivanka Trump Footwear and its parent licensing company Marc Fisher Footwear a cease-and-desist letter giving them seven days to pull the shoes.
According to Derek Lam’s Chief Executive Officer Jan-Hendrik Schlottman, “We have seen very similar copies before but we have never seen a shoe that perfectly copied. It’s such an investment to make a shoe … we had to protest this.”
It appears that the shoes are no longer available on Trump’s website, though they can be found in several retail locations, such as Bloomingdales.com. [NYMag]
- Ivanka Trump gave birth to a baby girl yesterday morning. Her dad, Donald Trump, announced her name is “Arabella Rose” while calling into “Fox & Friends.” Is that how rich people do baby name announcements? Anyway, mazel tov! [Twitter.com/Ivanka Trump, Gossip Cop]
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez crashed a wedding over the weekend! They heard “One Less Lonely Girl” playing from a Malibu beach and dropped in on the nearby wedding, where the music was coming from, to congratulate the bride and groom. That’s kinda adorable! [Popdust]
- Even though Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are divorcing, their TV show “Q’Viva!”— a reality show competition about Latin music and dance — will still go on. That will make for some awkward press junkets. [Us Weekly]
Ivanka Trump is building an empire, just like her father Donald. For her latest venture, she teamed up with Marc Fisher for a collection of shoes that will take you from the office to happy hour to the park or the beach. Ivanka says the shoes are made of the best quality materials, but they don’t have the high, luxury price you’d expect from the Trumps; most of the shoes cost about $125 or $130. Marc Fisher is one of my favorite moderately-priced footwear designers, so it’s no surprise that I like many of Ivanka’s shoes. But what do you think of Ivanka Trump Footwear Collection? [Ivanka Trump Footwear Collection] Keep reading »
- Ivanka Trump will guest star in a scene on the October 25th episode of “Gossip Girl” with her newspaper-owner husband, Jared Kushner. Maybe they’ll be in a threesome with Chuck and not doing something boring, like schmoozing with Lily. [CBS]
- Snooki says she is definitely NOT getting married to Jeff Miranda, even though he asked on the cover of Steppin’ Out magazine. [I'm Not Obsessed]
- Vanessa Williams from “Ugly Betty” is joining the cast of “Desperate Housewives.” And, because this is “Desperate Housewives,” she going after their men! [The Sun UK]
In her ongoing bid for world domination, Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka is launching a line of shoes and handbags. The shoes will be released by Marc Fisher and sold for $80-$140 in department stores next spring, but the details of the handbags are still unclear. If Ivanka’s line of diamond jewelry is any indicator, you can expect a reasonably attractive roundup of Ivanka accessories come spring. [Dime Wars] Keep reading »
It’s no secret that I have a rather low threshold for Rich Kids, especially Celebrity Rich Kids, who don’t get their elbows particularly dirty building up their resumes like the rest of us. A few months ago, I wrote a post grousing about how Ivanka Trump wrote a business advice book called The Trump Card; I found this super-obnoxious considering her life couldn’t be more different than those of the regular folks reading her book. Ivanka even admitted on “The View” that Anna Wintour offered her a job at Vogue upon graduation.
Last night Ivanka appeared with her dad, Donald, on “Celebrity Apprentice.” And I had the realization that I’d be eminently less annoyed with Ivanka if she undid some of her father’s damage. I’d like her to start with the Miss Universe, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA competitions. Keep reading »
Newlywed Ivanka Trump wants to take the stress—and originality—out of popping the question. Dudes can say goodbye to, err, thinking about how to ask women to spend the rest of their lives with them. That’s right, boys! Say goodbye to picking a special spot, planning the evening, and making a heartfelt speech. Ivanka has got you covered. Now, men who buy an engagement ring at Trump’s Bridal Bar on Manhattan’s Madison Avenue score a free, one-night stay at the Trump International Hotel or the Trump SoHo, which will open in February. As if the woman wasn’t already wondering why she’s randomly spending the night in a five-star hotel, Ivanka takes the mystery out of the proposal completely by putting a dozen roses and champagne in the guest’s room. Peeps also get a three-course dinner and breakfast in bed. Right. She’ll never see it coming! [People] Keep reading »
- Ivanka Trump went on “The View” without her wedding ring, which you know Elisabeth Hasselbeck noticed. [Daily Intel] — Is this a sign her marriage is already doomed?
- Next to every good male celebrity is a good woman, but how does she remain strong, trusting, and disciplined when he’s famous and she’s not? Check out these celeb husbands and their fabulous, non-celeb wives. [Starpulse]
- Web series “Under the Arch” is having an open casting call for “nine NYU students living their dream.” [NYU Local] — Yeah, because “The City” sucks that much.
Last weekend, at the wedding of Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, something of a style statement was made: Ivanka choose to wear a gown with sleeves. (Full disclosure: It was an orthodox Jewish wedding, so sleeves, depending on the rabbi doing the marrying, are sometimes required.) Immediately on Monday morning, Cathy Horyn, fashion critic of the New York Times declared that sleeves are now where it’s at for wedding gowns. Don’t know about you (though you should let me know in the comments!), but I love that Ivanka deviated from every other bride out there (Hollywood, or not) and went with a different neckline. As Horyn said, “We’re so used to seeing brides in strapless dresses that Ms. Trump’s gown made a fresh statement.” Is this the beginning of the end of strapless? God, I hope so … When I went wedding gown shopping, I explicitly said, “no strapless”—what did I get? Strapless, strapless and more strapless. Honestly, are there any other options out there? I don’t mean to be an angry dress try-er on-er, but help a girl out—with straps, please! Even bridal gown guru Vera Wang is all for sleeves. When asked if she’s excited for a sleeve/strap revival she mentioned: “Nothing would make me happier. I’ve been doing strapless dresses for 15 years. It’s tiring.” What about you all, are you over the strapless bridal look or consider it to be the perfect classic wedding style? [NY Times] Keep reading »