Two stars of the British version of “I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here” have been charged with animal cruelty after allegedly killing and cooking a rat to eat during filming. Chef Gino D’Acampo, who won the viewer-feedback contest series, and British soap actor Stuart Manning were charged after animal welfare activists lodged a complaint about a segment, which was filmed in Australia. Read more … Keep reading »
Tag Archives: im a celebrity get me out of here
- A $121,000 lawsuit filed by R&B singer Brandy Norwood’s mother against Kim Kardashian has been dismissed. [People] – Norwood claimed that Kim had used Brandy’s credit card for unauthorized purchases, but considering that Kim’s a millionaire, that seems kind of unlikely.
- PopEater journalists tried out Lindsay Lohan’s tanning spray, to see if the horrid orange color that LiLo often sports would look better on their own skin. [PopEater] — The verdict, as expected, was that it didn’t.
- “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here” producers are trying desperately to get Spencer and Heidi back to the jungle. [Life and Style] — Rumor has it that Heidi’s sister, Holly, will be making an appearance as well.
- Heidi and Spencer’s Costa Rican experience has certainly not been the pampered one they’re used to, but it doesn’t constitute “torture,” either. [TMZ] — Just check out their sweet digs above.
- Tila Tequila wrote on her MySpace account that she is angry about false pregnancy reports…even though she was the one who allegedly started them. She then said, “Maybe I was pregnant, or maybe I wasn’t pregnant.” [People] – Is anyone else as confused as I am?
- Mariah’s latest movie, “Tennessee,” hit an all-time low, averaging just five viewers per showing. [Perez] — Stop making movies, Mariah. Isn’t having a five-octave vocal range enough?
Back in the day, summer television was all repeats and the only reason to watch was to finally see that episode of “Melrose Place” your VCR messed up recording. Luckily, the dark ages are over and summer nights are now filled with good shows. Okay, so it may not classify as “good,” but “I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here” has your back Mondays through Thursdays. Meanwhile, two of our favorite shows, “Weeds” and “True Blood” are both starting up this week. And you’ll want to catch the premiere of “Top Chef Masters,” which is kind of like regular “Top Chef” mixed with “Iron Chef.” After the jump, your television sked for the week. Keep reading »
- Did the producers of “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here” torture Heidi Pratt to the point that she developed a gastric ulcer? Or are the producers in on the latest Speidi plot for attention? [Perez Hilton] — I’m inclined to go with the latter because ratings are most important and this show would tank without Heidi and her handler.
- George Clooney has reportedly asked waitress girlfriend Lucy Wolvert to move in with him. [Dlisted]
- All of the Gosselin kids have returned home to be with their father after vacationing. Kate Gosselin was nowhere to be seen. [Us Magazine]
Um, did you guys see “I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here” last night? If not, I’m really sorry because it was, in a word, amazing. Sanjaya from “American Idol” got chased by bees. Frangela, the hilarious duo from “Best Week Ever” who’ve been absent from my life for months now, are cast members. Also completely preposterous, the presence of Rod Blagojevich’s wife and Janice Dickinson. I hope they’ll be besties by the end of the season.
But the real story is, of course, Heidi and Spencer. Heidi cried a lot. And after finding out that, at some point, they’d have to take turns emptying the group’s PortaPotty, Spencer stormed off and gave us this sparkling gem:
“I’m too rich and I’m too famous to be sitting with these people and cleaning up their s**t in the jungle, my man. And this cast is devaluing our fame right now. I’m sitting next to VH1 comedians that I have never even seen before… I thought it was gonna be all celebrities.”
Whoo, it’s summer! What better time to curl up in the A.C. and catch some boob tube. While “Weeds” isn’t back until next week (boo!) and “Mad Men” ain’t comin’ round ‘til August (double boo!), we’re going to have to make do with reality shows and beefcake cheese. Luckily, there’s much of both to go around. This week, hot guys get chased by fireballs, chase whales, and heal people. Oh and some celebs are stuck in the jungle again. Keep reading »