Back in June, we began asking you for your nominees for the hottest people, places, and things of 2008. You had a lot of suggestions, but in the end we could only pick four finalists for every category. When it came time to vote, you had every woman’s dream at your fingertips. Christian Bale or Ryan Gosling? Scarlett Johansson or Santogold? “Atonement” or “Californication”? We know it was hard, but you exercised your right to vote for the hottest in droves. After the jump, check out who won the Frisky’s First Annual Hotness Awards. Then speak your minds in the comments! Keep reading »
Tag Archives: hotness awards
1. Albert Hammond Jr.
2. Chris Brown
4. Bon Iver Keep reading »
1. She & Him
2. The Ting-Tings
3. Vampire Weekend
4. The Jonas Brothers Keep reading »
Here’s a reminder of what’s nominated for Hottest Movie.
1. The Dark Knight Starring Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman, & Gary Oldman
2. Sex & The City Starring Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristen Davis, Cynthia Nixon, & Chris Noth
3. Wall-E Starring…uh, well, an adorable Disney/Pixar robot.
4. The Wackness Starring Josh Peck, Olivia Thirlby, Sir Ben Kingsley, & Mary Kate Olson Keep reading »
1. Christian Bale Why He Made The List: Yeah, so there’s that pesky assault charge that’s turning out to be a little overblown. The Dark Knight star is having a bit of a bad week — until now. In our opinion (okay, mine — Catherine still prefers Val Kilmer), Bale is the best Batman, but let’s face it, aren’t you all just still crushing on him from his appearances in Empire of the Sun, Newsies, and American Psycho?
2. Ryan Gosling Why He Made The List: He can do a mean Southern accent (Fracture), play a drug addict with the best of them (Half Nelson), and — oh, &*%$ it. The Notebook, okay? The Notebook.
3. James McAvoy Why He Made The List: Um, that Scottish accent? Which he has the ability to hide flawlessly at the drop of a hat? Those boyish good looks? A little movie called Atonement. Yeah.
4. Josh Peck Why He Made The List: Like his Wackness costar Olivia Thirlby, this may just be the former teen star’s breakout year. He was the chubby kid on some kids show we of course never watched — now he’s all grown up and doing sexy shower scenes. Sweet! Keep reading »
1. Maggie Gyllenhaal Why She Made The List: After blowing everyone away in Secretary and Sherrybaby, she managed to save the role of Rachel Dawson in The Dark Knight from the hack job Katie Holmes did. Also, she named her daughter
Ruby Ramona, breast feeds in public and doesn’t care who complains, and is just generally bad ass.
2. Amanda Seyfried Why She Made The List: She’s adored as the oldest daughter on HBO’s Big Love, but who knew she could, you know, SING? She’s appearing as the lead in the movie version of the musical Mamma Mia!, singing all the tunes herself. Smashing, darling.
3. Liv Tyler Why She Made The List: Is there any actress more goddess-like than Liv? She’s been a favorite ever since she appeared in an Aerosmith music video, rocked the Italian countryside in Stealing Beauty, and warmed out hearts in Empire Records. Now she’s a big blockbuster draw in The Incredible Hulk.
4. Olivia Thirlby Why She Made The List: Easily one of the breakout stars of the year, Olivia portrayed the slang-smacking best friend in Juno and won the lead in the new movie The Wackness. She’s the next BIG THING, for sure. Keep reading »
We’re asked some of our friends to tell us who they nominated for the Hotness Awards. At the last minute, just before we closed to the nominations, we received picks from the fabulous Cate Sevilla, the blogger behind the upcoming new women’s blog BitchBuzz. Check ‘em out (some of her picks made the final nominees!) and then click to after the jump to view a new video telling you how and when (Hint: NOW) to start voting! Keep reading »