Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Tag Archives: hillary clinton
Forbes‘ annual “Powerful Women” issue hits newsstands tomorrow, but their 2009 list of the 100 most powerful women in the world has left us scratching our heads. The magazine insists the list is based on power, not popularity. They go by press mentions and the size of the country, business or organization the woman runs. But that doesn’t explain why German Chancellor Angela Merkel is at number one for the fourth year in a row. I’ll admit, she has been in the news a lot lately. But only because she’s up for re-election and campaign posters showing her in a low-cut top have generated mucho controversy. After the jump, see the other unlikely gals in the top ten. Keep reading »
It’s about time someone started focusing on women’s rights, at home and abroad, and it looks like Hillary Clinton is just the woman for the job. On her 11-day trip to Africa, Hill first gave the smackdown to a guy who oddly asked her what Bill thought of something. Then, according to the Washington Post, she went to oodles of women’s dinners and mentioned women a ton of times in each of her speeches. Clinton is different than other Secretaries of State because she wants to “elevate people who, in their societies, may not even be known by their own leaders.” And she proved that she’s not just talking the talk—in fact, she spent twice as long in a housing project in South Africa as she did with the country’s president. Keep reading »
When it comes to Hillary’s style choices, it seems she’s in a lose-lose situation. She pioneered the pantsuit revival, but some take issue with her signature outfit. When it comes to the “pants saga,” Newsday says the Secretary of State has been looking especially dowdy as of late: “[Her suits are] looking downright shabby, not a bit flattering these days and well, kind of (yikes) jelly beanish.” Clinton Kelly of “What Not To Wear” slings some mud, too: “There’s no doubt in my mind that a colored pantsuit would end up on the top of the trash can on the show. Colored pantsuits are a little silly, outdated and aging. They don’t look like she’s a leader of the modern world.” What’s a Clinton to do? Keep reading »
At a town hall in the Congo, a student stepped up to the microphone to ask Hillary Clinton about a loan China recently offered the Democratic Republic of Congo. “What does Mr. Clinton think, through the mouth of Mrs. Clinton?”
Hillary stared at him. “You want me to tell you what my husband thinks? My husband isn’t Secretary of State. I am,” she said. “If you want my opinion, I will tell you my opinion. I am not going to be channeling my husband.” Keep reading »
- If Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had been invited to the Obama’s “beer summit,” she should have knocked back a bottle of Mad Bitch beer, said Dana Milbank, a columnist for The Washington Post, in a video on the WaPo web site. [Politico] — Because insinuating a powerful woman is a bitch is funny. Get it? Ha. Ha.
- A poll of 3,000 Brits found that the average woman checks out six men for a total of 20 minutes each day, while the average man checks out 10 women for 43 minutes. [The Sun UK] — In the interest of equality, this clearly means us gals need more eye candy!
- Gay and lesbian couples will be reported in the 2010 U.S. Census for the first time ever. [National Gay And Lesbian Task Force] — I can’t believe it took until 2010 for this to finally happen.
- Speaking on a Thai television show, Hillary Clinton said she isn’t thinking about the 2012 election and is “100 percent focused” on her Secretary of State gig. “I doubt very much that anything like that will ever be part of my life,” she said. [Huffington Post]
- After critics balked at the idea of using taxpayer money for abortions under Obama’s proposed health care bill, politicians are working on an amendment with a “compromise” in the U.S. House version of the bill. [WSJ] — We’re guessing this “compromise” will mean states can ix-nay the unding-fay?
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said he “will look into” allegations that Pittsburgh Steelers’ quarterback, “Big Ben” Ben Roethlisberger, sexually assaulted a former casino employee in Nevada last year. The woman says Big Ben asked her to come up to his hotel room to fix his TV, where he fondled her breasts and pushed her on the bed. She is seeking half a million dollars in damages. [NY Daily News]
As it turns out, Hillary Clinton is not a robot. You see, robots don’t break bones. They don’t even have bones. They have gears. So Clinton’s recent elbow fracture after a fall in the State Department garage (what exactly was old Hil doing down there, we wonder…) is unequivocal proof that she is, in fact, human. Nice to know, right?
In the spirit of this new discovery, we’d like to offer Hillary our cast-y condolences. What would you write on her cast? Let us know in the comments. Keep reading »