Tag Archives: hillary clinton
You may want to think twice about becoming an intern for the Clintons. We know what became of Monica Lewinsky, but apparently Hillary Clinton also had a notorious intern. The star of such porno hits as “White Bubble Butts #4″, Sammie Spades once dreamed of a career in politics. In the summer of 2006, she managed to land an internship in Hillary Clinton’s Buffalo office. I guess it didn’t go so well considering that Sammie went from sporting power suits to sporting lamé bikinis in just a few short years. So what happened? Sammie says she learned that “having sex on tape was the best way to pay the bills.” Words of wisdom if I ever heard them. Hillary must be kvelling. [TMZ]
Keep reading »
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton wants to head the World Bank after leaving the State Department in 2012, several sources have told Reuters. Her press secretary denied the rumor, but Clinton publicly stated in January she wouldn’t continue as Secretary of State if President Obama is reelected in 2012 because it’s an exhausting “24/7 job.” If the World Bank’s current president were to step down at the end of his term in 2012 and Clinton were to take over — which would require the approval of its 187 member countries — she would be the first woman in history to do so. Keep reading »
- The conservative Hasidic Jewish newspaper in Brooklyn that removed Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and counterterrorism analyst Audrey Tomason — the only two women in the iconic Situation Room photo of the President watching the raid on Osama bin Laden’s compound — has released a statement. Der Zeitung writes:
“Our editorial policies are guided by a Rabbinical Board and because of laws of modesty, does not allow for the publishing of photos of women. The readership of the Tzeitung believe that women should be appreciated for who they are and what they do, not for what they look like, and the Jewish laws of modesty are an expression of respect for women, not the opposite.”
You can read the rest of the statement — which apologizes more for altering the White House’s official photograph, which is against policy, than it does for Photoshopping all the women out of the photograph — on the newspaper’s web site. [Der Zeitung]
Remember that iconic photo of President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in the White House Situation Room watching the raid in Pakistan which killed Osama bin Laden? (Top photo!) Well, a conservative Hasidic Jewish newspaper in Brooklyn for Hasids completely edited Hillary Clinton and the other woman in the Situation Room out of the photo. (See bottom photo!) They’re gone entirely! It’s a Situation Room full of dudes.
In Hasidic culture, unrelated men and women do not socialize with each other; in some communities, men and women don’t even work alongside each other. Some say Hillary Clinton and counterterrorism analyst Audrey Tomasen were Photoshopped out because the Hasids didn’t want to depict women in positions of authority or because the women mixing with men with whom they are not related is sexually suggestive. (Hillary’s pantsuits are so sexually suggestive.) The newspaper, Der Zeitung, has not commented on to why they erased the women from the pics. But who cares what their reason is? Erasing two women from a moment that will go down in the history books — that they experienced — is sexism, plain and simple.
If I had access to a time machine, I would head straight back to the ’70s and befriend young Hillary Clinton. The girl had it goin’ on: she was (and still is) smart, funny, ambitious, and passionate about women’s rights. The main difference between Hillary then and Hillary now? The amazing hippie wardrobe she abandoned a few decades ago. After the jump, a modern take on Hill’s casual hippie look… Keep reading »
It’s a good thing Amy Poehler left “Saturday Night Live,” because Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is has confirmed she’s leaving politics in 2012. Regardless of whether President Obama is elected for a second term, Clinton said she’ll be moving onto things. Despite rumors that she might lead the Defense Department or even run for President in the future, Clinton is vehement about blowing this popsicle stand. Keep reading »
- Speaking on a panel in Kyrgyzstan yesterday, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was asked by a moderator, “Which designers do you prefer?” Clinton asked, “What designers of clothes?” and the moderator answered yes. “Would you ever ask a man that question?” Clinton asked, apparently with a laugh. The moderator responded, “Probably not. Probably not.” Well-handled. [Styleite]
- Failed Tea Party/Republican Delaware senatorial candidate Christine O’Donnell — “I’m not a witch!” — has scored a book deal with St. Martin’s. [Gawker]
- Keith Olbermann slammed Bristol Palin on a recent show, dubbing her “the worst person” for being a spokeswoman for abstinence.
BristolBristol’s ghostwriter hastily penned a response on Facebook Notes to say “accusing me of hypocrisy is by now an old canard.” One thing is for sure: both of these people are extremely, extremely annoying. [Facebook]
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton filmed an “It Gets Better” video in light of recent suicides by LGBT teens. Telling gay young adults “it gets better” might pack more of a punch if she actually supported gay marriage. But the sentiment, albeit hypocritical, is appreciated. [YouTube]
- Sorry, European ladies, no additional maternity leave for you. Britain is trying to block new European Union laws that would give women more maternity-related benefits. The European Parliament would like to increase paid maternity leave from 14 to 20 weeks, but U.K. pols say it will hurt small businesses and cause employers to not hire pregnant women or women of childbearing age. [Telegraph UK]
- Two cartoons published in the University of Connecticut’s student newspaper are under fire for being offensive and, frankly, unfunny. One shows a man tossing a diamond ring into a bedroom while a desperate-looking woman chases after it, implying a woman will do anything to get married. And the other says, “Forget sugar and spice and everything nice. Try crabs, scabs and everything viral. That’s what girls are really made of.” Ha ha? [CTnow.com]