Because being accused of an affair is apparently worse than being accused of sexually harassing a bunch of women, Herman Cain has suspended his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination. Cain told supporters on Saturday he is leaving the race over “the continued distraction.” (Weirdly, the announcement came one day after his campaign launched a laughably bizarre “Women For Cain” website.) And regarding the actual accusation by Atlanta woman Ginger White that they’ve been boinking for 13 years? He continued his tactic of deny, deny, deny. Keep reading »
Tag Archives: herman cain sexual harassment
I wish I was making this up. I really do. But no. This is real (emphasis mine):
“Dear Mrs. Cain Don’t pay attention to these pathetic husbandless women who are jealous of women like you in happy long-term marriages. These vindictive women can’t find a husband or keep one. They are like stalkers who try to latch on to any man who shows a bit of kindness or attention to them. When these unstable women come out of the woodwork to make accusations about Herman just say, ‘Honey, get a life, I believe my husband.’ We want you to be our First Lady Mrs. Cain!”
That, my friends, is a “testimonial” from “Barbara of Nipomo, California” on the brand-spanking-new Women For Herman Cain website that launched this morning.
- Gloria Cain, wife of GOP presidential nominee wannabe Herman Cain, is standing by her man in the face of sexual harassment accusations by numerous women. [The Daily Beast]
- Chelsea Clinton has been hired as a special correspondent for NBC doing segments for “Making A Difference” about people who do good in the world. [The Stir]
- Oprah Winfrey received an honorary Oscar this weekend called the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award. [Essence]
- Six ways to help your daughter deal with sex-based harassment on the street and at school. [The Good Men Project] Keep reading »
Yesterday we learned, courtesy of a New York Post columnist, that Herman Cain‘s sexual harassment accuser Sharon Bialek is too pretty to be credible as a victim because she must have been “asking for it.” I mean, she was wearing lipstick at her press conference, the hussy!
Today we learn, courtesy of a web site called Herman Cain PAC , that another sexual harassment accuser, newly identified on Tuesday as government official Karen Kraushaar, is too ugly to be a victim. She’s an “ugly bitch,” in fact, and a photograph of the competitive equestrian posing with a horse required the caption, “Just to be clear, Karen Kraushaar is the one on the left.” Keep reading »
- New York Post columnist Andrea Peyser tore into Sharon Bialek, the first woman to come forward with a face/name while accusing Herman Cain of sexual harassment. Why, the attractive blonde is so pretty that she must have been asking for it and/or making it up for more attention! [The Stir]
- In honor of Election Day, Complex magazine published a list of “The 50 Hottest Women In Politics,” with descriptors like “slutty” and “big-boobed.” Klassy. [Name It Change It]
- Mississippi is voting on a “fetal personhood” amendment today, which would criminalize all abortions by declaring a fertilized egg as a “person.” Yesterday, while speaking to a crowd, a woman named Cristen Hemmis who was kidnapped, raped and shot twice asked Lt. Governor Phil Bryant, who supports the amendment, to have “sympathy” for women like her. Phil Bryant’s reply? He told her the personhood amendment was a “battle of good and evil of Biblical proporitions” and that if abortion remains legal, “Satan wins.” Yes, he said this to a woman who was KIDNAPPED, RAPED, and SHOT. I give up. [Think Progress, NEMS360.com] Keep reading »
A fifth woman has accused Herman Cain, that charming roué, of sexual harassment. Donna Donella, 40, of Arlington, Virginia, said Cain tried to get her to set him up with an Egyptian businesswoman and when she refused, he asked her out to dinner. She refused that, too. (I mean, who wants to be a guy’s second choice, amiright?) Keep reading »
This afternoon, Sharon Bialek, the fourth woman accusing GOP presidential nomination wannabe Herman Cain of sexual harassment, held a press conference in New York to describe how she met with him about getting a job and he reached his hand under her skirt. Bialek said in July 1997, she met with Cain, then the president of the National Restaurant Association, after getting her old job back. She claims Cain allegedly reached under her skirt for her genitals and pushed her head towards his crotch. When she asked what he was doing, Cain reportedly said, “You want a job, right?” Keep reading »