You can’t call Grace Jones’ performance at the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebration anything less than spectacular. She sang “Slave to the Rhythm” while hula-hooping. Like, she kept the hoop up the entire time. Look at her legs! I need to remind you all that she’s 64 years old. I hope I can still pull off a latex leotard and headdress at that age. New thing to aspire to. I bow down to you, Grace. [WOW]
Tag Archives: grace jones
Though this photo, of a briefs-donning Jake Gyllenhaal mimicking Grace Jones’ iconic Island Life album cover, has TMZ’s logo on it, it’s nowhere to be found on the site itself. Who leaked it, who took it, and when it was taken are a mystery, but I think we are all grateful it happened and thankful for whoever is responsible. [via ONTD] Keep reading »
“I really don’t think of [Lady Gaga] at all. I go about my business … Yes, she did, but I said no. I’d just prefer to work with someone who is more original and someone who is not copying me, actually … Well, you know, I’ve seen some things she’s worn that I’ve worn, and that does kind of piss me off.”
- Unsurprisingly, designer Phillip Lim has an awesome apartment replete with bell jars, fur touches and a stuffed crane. [The New York Times]
- Alexander McQueen’s fashion show has been canceled and replaced with a presentation/memorial on March 9 and 10. Photographers are banned from the presentation, but McQueen’s people promise to provide pics. [Fashionologie]
- 61-year-old former model Grace Jones performed “La Vie En Rose” at a Viktor & Rolf’s party last night. In a leotard. Clearly, she is still hardcore. [The Cut]
Kanye West posted this photo of girlfriend Amber Rose on his website, featuring the model recreating Grace Jones’ iconic photo from the cover of her album Island Life. Amber has a way to go before she’s as balls-to-the-wall as Grace, but I have to admit I saw this and was, like, HAWT. [Flavorwire] Keep reading »
- Grace Jones performed at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC last night. [Dlisted] — The other costumes are amaaaazing!
- Tyra Banks will guest star on the Oct. 5 episode of “Gossip Girl.” [E! Online] — How progressive. The show gets another token!
- Tony Romo reportedly hung out with Vanessa Minnillo at a party a couple of weeks ago. [TMZ] — These two jerks deserve each other.