Lana Del Rey is a music-world Svengali and she knows it. There’s nothing I can say about her that somebody hasn’t said already, and better than I ever could considering I’m all kinds of ambivalent about Lana: as a singer, as a performer, as a persona, as a human being (part of me isn’t quite convinced that she’s not computer-generated). It would seem that the songstress has some unexpected fans, however, at British GQ, where she was named 2012′s Woman Of The Year. And, shocker, she’s naked on the cover! The special issue depicts Lana stripped bare save for a face full of dramatic makeup and a body dripping with opulent jewels. There’s something about this first photo that is charming to me — she’s not posing provocatively or vamping it up, and she looks really pretty and totally vulnerable. I also think it’s nice to see that she isn’t whippet-thin and has, like, thighs and stuff. She just looks very soft and not at all like she’s starving. Looking good, Lana! [Refinery29]
This got us thinking about other celebs who’ve bared it all for the sake of a photo spread. Just for fun, we decided to give you a little peep show. Go ahead, look. You know you want to.
Have you ever dated a mansplainer? You know, one of those dudes who feels the need to tell you exactly how the world works by spouting off incredibly obvious information. According to Urban Dictionary, mansplaining is simply: “To explain in a patronizing manner, assuming total ignorance on the part of those listening. The mansplainer is often shocked and hurt when their mansplanation is not taken as absolute fact, criticized or even rejected altogether.”
So yes, you’ve met/dated/dumped one, right?
Keep reading »
Kate Upton’s back! And this time she’s on a GQ cover. And, shocker, she’s wearing a bikini and sucking on a Firecracker. Original? Not really. Refreshing on a 100-degree day? Yes. But it was even more refreshing for the people hanging out on the Santa Monica Pier during Kate’s photo shoot. “For the GQ shoot, we were on that ride where the seat spins while the actual ride is spinning … And all of a sudden the whole entire top falls off! I’m holding myself, laughing, turning bright red, but a lot of people are watching, so they kicked us out of the Santa Monica Pier—it was so embarrassing,” Upton confessed. See? She has work issues just like the rest of us. “It’s like any job,” she said. “You find your strengths and play them up.” Well, that is something she does extremely well. Let’s cool off, shall we? Here are some other famous ladies sucking on popsicles. [GQ]
1. His favorite drink is white wine spritzers
2. His backyard (real, not metaphorical) contains bronze animal statues, several waterfalls and a flat screen TV.
3. His philosophy on rap is “being young and fly and having your shit together.”
4. Fame, she is a monster. “It’s really difficult for me to find something that makes me feel small.”
5. He used to eff tons of girls, but not anymore.
6. He’s also a designer! He designed his own $5,000 arctic-fox-fur, gold-hardware bomber jacket.
7. He also owns a custom California King bed. Just like the song. [GQ]
Okay, I know his real name is Taylor Kitsch. And he’s not Tim Riggins anymore. Except in my imagination where he will always be Tim Riggins, and sometimes we go for a ride in his pickup truck and talk about his stint in the slammer and then we pull over and make out on the hood and he’s not thinking about Tyra Collette or Lyla Garrity. He’s thinking about ME. Let’s take a moment to appreciate his sexy shitkicker beauty (short hair and all) in the March issue of GQ where he channels James Dean from the classic film “Giant.” Good lord, STOP. It’s almost too much. Click through for some more glorious Riggins porn.
“For a lot of comics, there’s a persona they’re not comfortable revealing unless they’re performing. Kristen is incredibly shy; she has her hoodie pulled up and her sleeves pulled over her hands. But this is a woman who wore coconuts on her tits on SNL; she can go to the craziest, most grotesque places on the planet in character.”
– Normally I would roll my eyes at the random absurdity of a magazine like GQ naming Kristin Wiig their “Bro of the Year” alongside a photograph of the comedian in lingerie, but Jon Hamm wrote the magazine’s dedication and I am on Team Hamm Can Do No Wrong. Mind you, I’m not entirely sure what a “Bro of the Year” is, but it seems Wiig is being honored by the mag for “Bridesmaids,” a movie which — shocker! — many men found equally as funny as women. Which is awesome considering the whole “men are funnier than women” thing was getting rather tiresome. Keep reading »