Something shriveled up and died inside when we read a recent heartbreaking letter an eight-year-old boy wrote to Santa. See, single mother Karen Suffern asked her children to write their letters to Santa early this year, so she could make sure “Santa” had time to save up for their gifts. But Ryan Suffern didn’t just ask for a remote control car for himself— he asked if Santa could make kids stop bullying his twin sister, Amber. She is overweight and has emotional issues and kids call her “hideous” and “dumb” at school. ”Kid [sic] are still picking on Amber and its not fair. I prayed that they will stop but god is bisy and needs your help,” Ryan wrote. He also asked if Amber’s favorite band, Big Time Rush, could come to her birthday party because it would make her so happy. You’re crying, right? Well, that’s nothing. “Good Morning America” surprised Amber, Ryan and their mom with a special treat: Big Time Rush came to meet Amber and sing her some songs, plus the Suffern family will be VIP guests of the band at an upcoming concert. Cutest. Thing. Ever. Ryan Suffern is one special brother. There are good people in the world! [Good Morning America]
Tag Archives: good morning america
Look, Heidi Klum never looks bad. She’s Heidi Klum. But is this particular ensemble one I would wear for an early-morning taping of “Good Morning America”? Not really. She looks like she’s wearing reflective tape or something, and geez Heidi Klum, you’re already Heidi Klum! Do you really need to suck all the light from the room? [Photo: Fame/Flynet]
- Show me a woman who wants to be proposed to on live television and have her wedding performed live on the air 30 minutes later in a “flash wedding” and I’ll show you someone who’s been knocking back too many wine spritzers. But, hey, this morning on “Good Morning America,” Melissa Cohn seemed happy enough planning her entire wedding live on national television in only 30 minutes. Wonder what she said to her new hubby Brian Bondy as soon as the cameras were turned off, though … [Jezebel]
- Meanwhile, “Grey’s Anatomy” creator Shonda Rhimes has wise words for us all: “F**k Valentine’s Day.” Truth. [Madame Noire]
- Erhmegerd! Jonathan Taylor Thomas is headed back to television. He’s going to guest-star on an episode of “Last Man Standing,” the sitcom that Tim Allen is currently on. [Entertainment Weekly]
- Kate Middleton’s pregnant bikini bump baby pictures published in Italy’s Chi magazine are basically what my belly looks like all the time so, um, not impressed. [Celeb Dirty Laundry] Keep reading »
I thought I was a picky eater, with all my no mayo, no onions, dressing on the side stipulations, but this woman, recently featured on “Good Morning America,” makes me look like a dream to cook for.
Maria Lopez is a 54-year-old woman who eats like a toddler. She will only eat three foods: dairy products, white bread and potatoes. And sometimes bacon. I mean, who can resist bacon? (Vegetarians and vegans excluded.) She eats no fruits or veggies. She’d just as soon eat produce as she would eat your shoe. Her words, not mine. Keep reading »
“Clueless” is one of the most iconic movies of the ’90s, and it’s also proof that we are all mega-old now, because it actually came out 17 years ago. No matter, because “Good Morning America” has brought the cast together to reminisce about one of the best teen movies of all time. Everyone still looks pretty good (though Christian isn’t as svelte as he used to be)!
- “Bachelorette” star Isla Fisher made everyone spit out their coffee this morning with her colorful tale about strippers and tea bagging today on “Good Morning America.” If, like host Natalie Vargas, you don’t know what “tea bagging” is, then you’re shit out of luck because Kirsten Dunst is not going to tell you. [Dlisted]
- Here’s a sneak peek at Kardashian Kurves, the plus-size line from the Kardashian sisters that’s hitting Sears in October. Pretty cute, no? [Betty Confidential]
- Also, Kim told “The View” this morning that she is in a “permanent relationship” with Kanye West, whom she calls her “perfect match.” I do not disagree that these two are meant for each other. [US Weekly]
- “Ashley Benson Grabs Her Boobs While Selena Gomez Looks On”: now that’s a headline. [Socialite Life]
- Today In Terrible Ideas: Ryan Lochte is covering New York Fashion Week for E! which means he has about two days to learn how to speak more articulately. [Styleite]
Just days after eating his feelings with Jon Stewart over a pint of Ben & Jerry’s, Robert Pattinson hit up “Good Morning America” for some awkward conversation about “the elephant in the room,” as interviewer George Stephanopoulos put it.
“I want my fans to know Cinnamon Toast Crunch has only 30 calories a bowl,” he deflected when asked about the K-Stew cheating drama. Stephanopoulos pushed and pushed but all R-Patz would say was:
“You get into it to do movies. I’ve never been interested in trying to sell my personal life. The reason you go on TV is to promote movies.” Keep reading »
- Robert Pattinson will give his first post-cheating interview with “Good Morning America” next week, but it’s only to promote his upcoming movie “Cosmopolis.” [AM New York]
- Elton John blasted Madonna in an interview, calling her a “nightmare,” a “cunt” and a “fairground stripper.” Wow, what an asshole! [Celebrity Cafe]
- Drunk Ryan Lochte photos … check! [Socialite Life]
- Natalie Portman’s wedding dress was reportedly made by Rodarte. I’m wondering if she didn’t go with Dior — for whom she is the public face — after the anti-Semitic comments made by designer John Galliano. [People]
- “Magic Mike”‘s Alex Pettyfer may or may not have cheated on his fiancée Riley Keough with a foot fetish model. [Crushable] Keep reading »
Okay, stop what you’re doing, because your world is about to be rocked by a tiny gimpy cat thing called Lil Bub. Bub was born with a deformed elongated body, bulging eyes, missing teeth and extra toes — and she’s also a perma-kitten. So, basically she’s the perfect cat. Her owner Mike (Who is hot! Hubba hubba!) brought Bub to NYC to appear on “Good Morning America’ and visit various city hotspots. Bub was shockingly nonplussed. But I guess that’s kind of what we’d expect from LB. Watch and enjoy Ms. Bub yourself.
Double Take, the dynamic duo who recorded “Hot Problems,” the song that threatens to overtake Rebecca Black’s “Friday” for the title of worst song ever, appeared on “Good Morning America” today to discuss their sudden fame and terrible singing. It seems the pair knew they really couldn’t sing, which is why they chose to simply “talk” the lyrics instead. The girls insist they meant the song as a joke, but we’re not quite convinced. [ABC News]