- Kelly Clarkson is pregnant and expecting her first baby with her new husband Brandon Blackstock. Congratulations! [US Weekly]
- Ginnifer Goodwin from “One Upon A Time” is pregnant and expecting her first child with her fiance and costar, Josh Dallas. Mazel tov! [US Weekly]
- Star magazine is reporting that Leighton Meester and Adam Brody are engaged! We’ll keep you posted if this is confirmed by their reps. [Star Magazine]
- NeNe Leakes was hospitalized recently because of blood clots in her lungs. Get well soon, NeNe. [TMZ] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: ginnifer goodwin
- “Once Upon A Time” costars Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas are engaged. Mazel tov! [People]
- “The Royal Tenenbaums” actor Kumar Pallana, who has appeared in several other Wes Anderson films, has died at the age of 94. [AV Club]
- Kelly Osbourne got a $1 million manicure made out of white diamonds. Let me say that again: it costs one million dollars. At least proceeds from the sale of the Azature polish bottle will be donated the Sharon Osbourne Colon Cancer Foundation and the Race to Erase MS. [Gossip Cop]
- The second season of “House Of Cards” is likely to be its last. [Huffington Post] Keep reading »
Rob Lowe isn’t happy unless he’s starring in a made-for-TV movie as Drew Peterson or so other murderer, so it’s good to see him flex his range as President John F. Kennedy in “Killing Kennedy.” The National Geographic flick will air on Sunday, November 10, and is based on the nonfiction book written by Bill O’Reilly (yes, that Bill O’Reilly). With Ginnifer Goodwin as Jackie O and Lowe breaking out his most believable Massachusetts-ian accent, I might just have to give this one a looksee. [YouTube]
Poor Ginnifer Goodwin. Why is she wearing what appears to be the losing look from a “Project Runway” uniform challenge? The shorts are a great length, but everything else, from the style of the blazer to the garish royal blue to the piping — oh the piping! She may be at an event for Listerine, but this outfit is nothing to smile about. [Photo: INF Daily]
My personal makeup mantra is all eyelashes, all the time, so when it comes to wild and crazy lash looks, I generally jump right on board. Still, I don’t know how I feel about this thick, separated effect on the lower lid. “Once Upon a Time” star Ginnifer Goodwin sported what appears to be a pretty serious set of bottom falsies at last night’s American Music Awards for an extreme look that leaves me lukewarm.
I avoid even putting mascara on my lower lashes because it makes my almond-shaped eyes seem way smaller, and I think it has the same effect on Ginnifer’s similar eye shape — it really closes the eye. The reason it looked so striking and gamine on sixties icons like Twiggy and Jean Shrimpton is because they had big, round eyes that they punctuated with such lashes, skirting the magical eye-shrinking illusion altogether. I don’t think it necessarily looks bad on Ginnifer, but it definitely overwhelms her petite features. Put it this way: it’s more “interesting?” than “pretty.” Am I just projecting my own small-eye insecurities, or do you agree that these severe lower lashes are too much of a good thing?
Ginnifer Goodwin usually looks one million shades of uncomfortable in whatever ill-advised avant-garde look she’s chosen as of late, so I’m thrilled to finally see her in a dress that doesn’t epitomize a classic case of the clothes wearing you (though I maintain that an angled shoulder-length “lob” would be infinitely more flattering on her round face than her current cropped style). This pretty Monique Lhuillier lace frock, while a bit twee for my personal taste (and who cares about that?), perfectly highlights Ginnifer’s girlish woodland nymph aesthetic, but the studded black heels and mother-of-pearl clutch keep the ensemble from veering too saccharine. On point! Bonus points for the neon lips (and matching nails!), and pssst: if you’re in the market for a hot pink pout just like Ginnifer’s, NARS Carthage is the be-all, end-all, case closed.
Of all the lady mags, I tend to find the stories in Marie Claire to be the most informative, well-written, and thought-provoking. Celebrity interviews, of course, are a bit of a crapshoot; for every Lady Gaga (who will give amazing, ridiculous quote after amazing, ridiculous quote) there’s a Katie Holmes (who repeats canned answers that were clearly rehearsed over and over with a publicist in advance). Then there are all the celebrities who give interviews somewhere in the middle, sometimes interesting, sometimes not so much, often due to the types of questions posed by the interviewer. (Ask a celeb a boring question, you’ll probably get a boring answer.) For that reason, i wasn’t expecting much when I sat down to read the Kate Hudson and Ginnifer Goodwin cover story in the June issue of Marie Claire.
But I certainly didn’t expect six paragraphs devoted to discussing the stars’ weight. Keep reading »
- Ooh dang. Rachel Weisz, who just split from “Black Swan” director Darren Aronofsky, was photographed walking hand in hand with Daniel Craig, her co-star in the upcoming film “Dream House.” [People]
- Ginnifer Goodwin is engaged to Joey Kern, who looks like a less-cracked out Corey Feldman in my opinion. [People]
- What did Jay-Z give Beyonce for Christmas this year? $350K worth of Hermes Birkin bags! That’s it? [Page Six]
“I have been a member of Weight Watchers for 23 years and I’m back on it right now. It’s the only thing on the planet that doesn’t dehydrate you or just make you miserable. I’ve never had a dramatic weight problem, it’s just that I tend to indulge, and then I need to get back on track so I can button my pants.”
— Ginnifer Goodwin, star of HBO’s “Big Love,” tells Health magazine she’s been on Weight Watchers since she was 9 years old. Trust me, Ginnifer, WW is not the only thing on the planet that doesn’t make you miserable. [via Huffington Post] Keep reading »