I left the theatre after seeing Alfonso Cuaron’s “Gravity” with a quietly roiling anxiety in the pit of my stomach, and a deep desire never to go to space. I’m still recovering today! If the trailer above isn’t enough, here’s the story: Sandra Bullock and George Clooney are in space, working on a routine mission, something goes wrong and really, I will stop there, because you have to see it to find out. If you’re on the fence about this terror ride through the universe’s infinite blackness, click through for five reasons you need to see “Gravity” right now. Keep reading »
Tag Archives: george clooney
- Like clockwork, George Clooney is back on the market. You had a nice run, Stace. [Us Weekly]
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose got married today and will be holding a wedding in the fall. [Global Grind]
- Oh no you didn’t: Amanda Bynes called the President and First Lady “ugly” on Twitter. [Fox News]
- Jay-Z answered questions from Twitter followers today. Breaking news: his favorite cereal is Cap’n Crunch. [Idolator]
- Lauryn Hill started serving three months of prison time for tax evasion at a prison in Connecticut today. [NYMag.com] Keep reading »
George Clooney: Sexiest man alive and itinerant ball ironer. Yes, that’s right, George Clooney (pictured joyfully showing off his scrotal superiority) has sparked a new trend in testicle management, telling the Italian magazine Max that he’d had his balls “ironed out.” This isn’t the first time he’s mentioned de-wrinkling his testicles — he made a similar joke to Esquire magazine in 2008. And while we’re pretty sure Clooney was a zillion percent joking, ball-ironing has now become an actual thing at many spas around the country. (*Bangs head against desk*) Keep reading »
‘Tis the season for celebrity political endorsements, and just yesterday comes another one — this time from Kelly Clarkson. Kelly says that while she considers herself a Republican, she can’t abide by Mitt Romney’s anti-gay marriage stance, and has decided to support Obama. Additionally, she said, “I’ve been reading online about the debates and I’m probably going to vote for Obama again … I can’t support Romney’s policies as I have a lot of gay friends and I don’t think it’s fair they can’t get married.”
Additionally, she voiced concern over women’s rights issues. “I’m not a hardcore feminist but we can’t be going back to the ’50s,” she said.
Last year, Clarkson voiced her support for Ron Paul, but then retracted it after it was found that Paul was linked to several racist and homophobic pamphlets. “I am really sorry if I have offended anyone. Obviously that was not my intent. I do not support racism. I support gay rights, straight rights, women’s rights, men’s rights, white/black/purple/orange rights,” she said.
To learn about celebrity political endorsements, check out our handy chart above!
- Circle your wagons, ladies: a George Clooney/Stacy Keibler breakup is supposedly imminent because he is being “really distant and pulling away from her.” Sounds breakup-ish to me. And yes, by “ladies” I am specifically talking to blonde D-listers between the ages of 24 and 33. [Celeb Dirty Laundry]
- “Awkward Black Girl” creator Issa Rae and “Grey’s Anatomy” creator Shonda Rhimes have teamed up for a new ABC comedy series called “I Hate L.A. Dudes.” [Uptown Magazine]
- October’s upcoming “Saturday Night Live” guests are Bruno Mars, Daniel Craig and Christina Applegate. [Celebrity Cafe]
- These 10 flicks are actually secretly kinda feminist. [Em & Lo]
- Rumors are circulating that George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Kiebler is telling friends the couple is dunzo, but Clooney’s reps deny the split. [The Sun UK, US Weekly]
- Adam Lambert has gone grey … for Fashion Week. Thoughts on this look? [Socialite Life]
- Here’s where you fall down the rabbit hole of “Kristen Stewart and Rupert Sanders’ cheating photos were faked!” conspiracy theories. [Crushable]
- We live in a world where Suri Cruise’s outfit for the first day of school is newsworthy. [Refinery29]
- This couple held the first “Twitter-hosted wedding.” Um, what does that even mean? [Betty Confidential]
- Car sex accidents are more common than you might think. [BuzzFeed]
Why so serious, Stacy? You’ve got your vagina pushed up against George Clooney and he’s taking you for a spin on his motorcycle. That’s awesome! [Photo: Bauer-Griffin]
Leave it to George Clooney to look charming and dapper while his hands are tied behind his back. The actor was arrested for civil disobedience after protesting the escalating humanitarian crisis in the Sudan at the Sudan Embassy in Washington. I can’t wait to see his mugshot! [Washington Post]
You guys remember Elisabetta Canalis, right? She dated George Clooney for a while, she was on Dancing with the Stars, and then she creeped everybody out when she called her relationship with George “more of a father-daughter relationship.” Other notable achievements include posing nude for PETA and posing nearly nude on the beach. Are we caught up?
This weekend, the 23rd Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala was held, honoring actors like Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Michelle Williams, Jessica Chastain, Octavia Spencer, and Glenn Close. But were their outfits as laudable? Let’s find out!