Last night, at a private Democratic National Committee fundraiser in Washington, a protester started heckling First Lady Michelle Obama — which lead to the First Lady threatening to leave the stage. The heckler, who was later identified as Ellen Sturtz of the gay rights organization GetEQUAL, shouted at Obama about the president’s record on ending discrimination against people on the basis of their sexual orientation. Keep reading »
Tag Archives: first lady
- How do we feel about Michelle Obama’s latest Vogue cover? She’s lovely, of course, but her pose looks kind of stiff. It brings to mind those senior year school photos you have to take where you pose awkwardly, right?
- Guys. They are getting rid of Google Reader. I can’t deal. [Google Blog]
- But Choco Treasures (a knockoff of banned Kinder Eggs) are going to be legal. So it’s kinda a wash. [Neatorama]
- Kickstarter raised $2 million for a “Veronica Mars” movie in less than one day. [New York Times]
- Time to air some dirty laundry: M.I.A. is taking her custody battle with Benjamin Bronfman over Twitter. [Radar Online] Keep reading »
Big Bird flew up from Sesame Street to help Michelle Obama hunt for healthy snacks in the White House kitchen as part of her Let’s Move! campaign.
Another video about how much fun (?) it is to exercise, after the jump… Keep reading »
- These two are just the cutest, aren’t they? Seriously, they are making me blush. I love the part where the president starts giggling. [YouTube]
- Also, the First Lady wore a red velvet Jason Wu gown. I don’t really like it. What do y’all think? [Socialite Life]
- The anti-abortion Inauguration Day tree-climber has been arrested after he was “convinced” to come down from his tree by a SWAT team. [Racked]
- Porn star James Deen talks his new reality show, songs from “The Little Mermaid,” and acting alongside Lindsay Lohan. [Nerve] Keep reading »
Darn those Obama ladies for dressing warmly on an ice cold day and making it look easy. The First Family pulled out all the stops for the Inauguration this morning, with the First Lady wearing a Thom Browne coat and dress, a Reed Krakoff cardigan, J.Crew belt and shoes, and a Cathy Waterman necklace. Malia, 14, is also wearing J.Crew and Sasha, 11, is wearing Kate Spade. Michelle’s mom Marian Robinson didn’t get any style credits, which is a shame, because she looks pretty toasty too! [BuzzFeed]
- ZOMG Michelle Obama got bangs, as per a new pic posted on her Twitter feed. What do we think? [BuzzFeed]
- Kim Kardashian’s childbirth will not be documented for the cameras, praise be. [PopBytes]
- God’s perfect man, Matt Bomer, is now designing … pocket squares? [Socialite Life]
- Michelle Williams from Destiny’s Child has opened up about her private battle with depression. [Stupid Celebrities]
Aww! The Obamas are SO CUTE together! During last night’s ABC News interview, Barbara Walters got all nosy and asked them, “How do you keep the fire going?” The look on President Obama’s face and his awkward laugh told Babs all she needed to know about that.
With apologies to Jackie O, I think Michelle Obama is the most stylish first lady this country has ever had, and her fashion choices just keep getting better. Case in point: the stunning Michael Kors gown she donned for the Kennedy Center Honors last night. With its glittering gold fabric and jeweled neckline, it’s a little edgy and totally elegant. This right here, folks, is an iconic fashion moment. Check out another pic of Mrs. O’s amazing dress after the jump! Keep reading »
- Michelle Obama gets season-three “Downton Abbey” DVDs mailed to her over from ITV in England, so she doesn’t have to wait until January and watch them on PBS like the rest of us normals. [The Sun UK]
- New rumors on the Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez breakup from a blind-item gossip site: Jelena had a “business arrangement” to date and Justin wanted to make it official by getting married. Selena reportedly blew off two different proposals and finally broke up with Justin, telling him she isn’t serious about being together for any reason other than mutual PR. Do we believe this? [Celeb Dirty Laundry]
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West reportedly pulled a dine-and-dash at a Haagen-Dasz ice cream shop … [PopCrush]
The First Lady puts on a polite face in public. But you know behind closed doors, she’s talking some shit about Ann Romney’s horse and Mitt’s orange spray tan. Check out this new webseries by comedienne Issa Ray, of “Awkward Black Girl,” fame that imagines just what it is Michelle Obama is thinking … but can’t say. [Think Progress] Update: A reader has pointed out, correctly, that Issa Rae is not the star of this webseries, but the producer. Her leading lady is Yakira Chambers. My apologies to Ms. Chambers. [IndieWire]