- Though she was rumored to have given up her parental rights long ago, Debbie Rowe will reportedly be getting full custody of her two children with Michael Jackson. [Perez Hilton]
- Not all stars looked like stars before they got famous. Check out these pop icons back in the day. [Yep Yep] – Warning: It ain’t such a pretty sight…
- Farrah Fawcett’s invitation-only funeral is set for Tuesday. Her partner Ryan O’Neal is handling the ceremony. [People]
Tag Archives: farrah fawcett
- Farrah Fawcett is reportedly so close to death that family members are gathering for their final goodbyes. [TMZ] — So sad. It looks like she and Ryan O’Neal won’t be able to get married as they had hoped.
- Rachel Hunter got dumped by her hockey player fiance months before they were supposed to get married. [Dlisted] — Better now than after they were legally bound, I suppose.
- will.i.am released a statement regarding the Perez Hilton situation saying he won’t continue to comment on the incident but he does not condone harassment or violence of any kind. [Just Jared]
- Despite her life-threatening struggle with anal cancer, Farrah Fawcett has agreed to marry longtime love Ryan O’Neal. O’Neal says that during her brave battle with cancer, he has only fallen more deeply in love with Fawcett. [Pop Eater] – Aww.
- Kate and Jon Gosselin have filed divorce papers in a Bucks County Courthouse in Reading, PA. [People] — We guessed wrong!
- Chris Brown has plea bargained his way out of jail time. He entered a plea of guilty today and was given five years probation 180 days of community labor. [PopEater] — So was justice served?
As you’ve probably read, Farrah Fawcett has terminal cancer and isn’t doing well. While Fawcett and those around her are praying for a miracle, it’s likely she’ll pass away soon. But what photo of her will they use for her obituary: something glamorous or less so? The one of her posing in a red swimsuit is her most famous, but it doesn’t exactly seem appropriate.
According to a study of obituaries in the Plain Dealer, the number of “age-inaccurate” photos accompanying obituaries has more than doubled since the late 1960s. In 1967, about 17 percent of obituary photographs in the paper showed the deceased at least 15 years younger than they were when they died. In 1997, it was 36 percent. Keith Anderson, an assistant professor of social work at Ohio State University said the results reflect society’s views on aging and appearance: “Our findings suggest that we were less accepting of aging in the 1990s than we were back in the ’60s.”
Yep, we’re all afraid of getting old. When someone dies, you don’t want to think of them at their worst. Instead, you want to remember the good old days. It’s likely that this is even more true of Hollywood stars, especially those who are most well-known for work they did earlier in their lives. [LiveScience] Keep reading »
Farrah Fawcett left a Los Angeles hospital today after being there over a week. She suffered from stomach bleeding resulting from the anal cancer treatment she received in Germany. [People] XOX to FF. We hope you’re feeling better! But we gotta admit, we hd a Big Q: What exactly is “anal cancer?” Keep reading »