Amy Poehler is really not doing much to discourage my desire to kidnap her children and raise them as my own. Archie and, squeeeee, Abel (my favorite, if I’m being honest) sound do frickin’ adorable! And it sounds like Amy is an awesome mom and all signs indicate that she and, sigh, Will Arnett are handling their recent split with maturity and grace.
Tag Archives: ellen degeneres
Throwing his feet up on the coffee table isn’t the only thing Clint Eastwood is totally relaxed about. During his interview with Ellen DeGeneres, Eastwood shared his views on gay marriage and his libertarian beliefs: “Socially, [they believe to] leave everyone alone, but [they] believe in fiscal responsibility and government staying out of your life.” DeGeneres then pressed Eastwood — who famously spoke to an empty chair at the Republican National Convention earlier this month — about his stance on gay marriage, noting that he had previously said he had no problem with it. Eastwood’s response was again, “Leave everyone alone!”
Just the other day, we were talking about celebs we love so much that we’re afraid to meet them because we would, like, die of embarrassment and love and obsession all at once. Julie calls this I Love You So Much I Want To Squeeze You To Death. (Mine are Kate Winslet and Rob Thomas from Matchbox 20. Don’t judge.) On today’s “Ellen,” Olivia Munn got to meet her I Love You So Much I Want To Squeeze You To Death celeb … and it’s Ellen Degeneres. There’s squealing. There’s shrieking. There’s a weird crouching-butt-squeeze hug. And there’s a date to go kayaking and see Olivia’s new movie, “Magic Mike,” together. Is it just me or does Ellen genuinely look freaked out? [Ellen]
Russell Brand is opening up from his split from Katy Perry after 14 months of marriage — and he’s got a surprisingly positive outlook on the whole divorce.
“I still love her as a human being,” Brand tells Ellen DeGeneres in a new interview airing today. “Sometimes when you’re in a relationship I suppose it doesn’t work out, does it? But that doesn’t mean I regret it or anything. I was very happy to be married with her. She’ s such a beautiful human being and I just have only love and positivity for her.” Click here to watch the interview!
“I just sort of lost my head for awhile. I did some dumb interviews and it woke me up. … It was a very strange time. It sort of, like, rocketed me into adulthood. It was a violent crash into being an adult. So for a couple years, it was all figuring it all out. I’m glad I stayed out of the spotlight. I think back then I would have said ‘Give me two weeks! Let me get out! Let me go on ‘Ellen’ and explain myself!’ And it was, like, ‘No, idiot, go away. Be 33 and 34 instead of 28 for the fourth year.’”
– John Mayer is responding, of course, to his 2010 interview with Playboy magazine in which he got really overshare-y about his ex-girlfriend, Jessica Simpson. He called Jess “sexual napalm,” said she was like “crack cocaine” to him in bed, and said of her “If you charged me $10,000 to f**k you, I would start selling all my s**t just to keep f**king you.” (He later apologized to her in writing, but Jessica said she has not and doesn’t ever plan to accept his apology.) And then there was the time John got blabby with paparazzi about his ex-girlfriend Jennifer Aniston, which got him in big trubs with her. Keep reading »
Also, Emma is put on the spot when asked who is the better kisser – Ryan Gosling or Andrew Garfield? The entire episode airs today! See the clip here!
As anybody who reads The Frisky knows, there’s been a 500 percent increase in sloth coverage since I’ve been hired. That’s because I’m obsessed with them, and hope that one day I will be able to hang out with them, cuddle them and love them. Kristen Bell is obsessed with them, too. And her boyfriend Dax Shepard surprised her this year with a visit from one on her birthday — with unintended results. [Ellen]
- It’s time to cry: Ellen Degeneres gave Samantha Garvey, a high school senior in New York who is finalist in the Intel Science Talent Search, a $50,000 scholarship. What’s got Ellen in the scholarship biz? Well, Samantha Garvey and her family are homeless and currently living in a shelter. Ellen also gave the Garvey family a $5,000 gift certificate to J.C. Penney and a $1,000 gift certificate to Whole Foods. Our fingers are crossed for Smantha, who has applied to Yale and Brown! Great, now my mascara is all over my face … [Crushable]
- Lana Del Rey speaks out about her crapadoodle “Saturday Night Live” appearance: “I don’t love live television.” [Popdust]
- Kate Middleton and her family went on a vacation to the Caribbean island of Mustique to celebrate her mom Carole Middleton’s birthday — minute Prince William. [Us Weekly]
- Eighteen ways Michael Fassbender puts the sex in sexy. [TresSugar]
- On “2 Broke Girls” and the new Long Duk Dong we never asked for. [Grantland]
- Five love lessons from blues singer Etta James, who died today at age 73. [YourTango] Keep reading »
Remember Lindsay Lohan’s plans to debut her Playboy issue on Ellen? Well, there will be no such interview. Following her very eventful Hawaiian vacation, Lindsay failed to hop her early flight back to L.A. yesterday for the taping. So much for that.
The consolation prize, for those that were hyped to hear what Lindsay had to say? Paris Jackson, daughter of Michael, appeared on Ellen in Lohan’s place. The episode, which airs on Thursday, will mark the 13-year-old’s first ever solo interview. Judging by the video preview, which you can watch on Radar Online, Paris seems surprisingly normal and well-adjusted despite her upbringing and the controversy surrounding her father. I, for one, am glad Lindsay bailed — this interview with Paris is bound to be more interesting, and what could Lindsay possibly have to say that we haven’t heard from her before? Trainwrecks are tedious when they only play one note.
- Wha-a-at? Lindsay Lohan will debut her nearly-nude Playboy pictorial on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” on December 15. Please tell me the “Super Bass” girls will not be there that day. [NY Daily News]
- Terrence Howard’s wife filed a restraining order against him yesterday, claiming he hit her, chipped her tooth with his wedding ring, and told her, “If you tell anyone about my personal business, I will kill you and no one will ever know.” Terrence Howard denies all the claims. [US Weekly]
- Kristen Wiig and Strokes drummer Fabrizio Moretti were caught making out “literally on top of each other.” Oh my. [NY Post]
- “Sex and the City” author Candace Bushnell’s soon-to-be ex-husband cheated on her with a ballerina, whom Candace identified by name in the divorce papers. [Gawker] Keep reading »